NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:20:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006.  (Read 2668 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: September 24, 2005, 12:39:17 AM »

It almost seems like they know they have no chance against Spitzer & know Hillary wins in a landslide so why even bother with a primary
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 04:51:45 PM »

I'd love a Weld vs. Spitzer race, both candidates would be great. It would make up for CT not having a competitive race next year.

Actually Weld v. Spitzer wouldn't be close at all.  Polls show Spitzer winning by about 45% now (although alot of that's due to no name recognition for Weld).  Nevertheless I wouldn't think Weld could get within 20% by Nov. 2006.

In other years Weld might be a somewhat decent candidate with a shot, but the NY GOP is so badly damaged right now, this won't be close.  Weld will make it closer than others will, but its still going to be a very solid Spitzer win (around 20 points or so)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 05:19:44 PM »

I'd love a Weld vs. Spitzer race, both candidates would be great. It would make up for CT not having a competitive race next year.

Actually Weld v. Spitzer wouldn't be close at all.  Polls show Spitzer winning by about 45% now (although alot of that's due to no name recognition for Weld).  Nevertheless I wouldn't think Weld could get within 20% by Nov. 2006.

In other years Weld might be a somewhat decent candidate with a shot, but the NY GOP is so badly damaged right now, this won't be close.  Weld will make it closer than others will, but its still going to be a very solid Spitzer win (around 20 points or so)

It won't be hard for Weld to distance himself from the NYGOP if he was to get the nomination.

Thing is guilty by association even if not directly connected that R next to him will hurt.  Just think of what has happened in recent years in Nassau County, where Republicans with little or no connection to Gullota & the GOP machine have suffered.  Or the recent loss in NY Assemblt district where the GOP candidate (whose name I'm drawing a blanlk on now) had no connections to the Crookhaven crowd, but the R next to his name (guilty by same party association) is what sunk him
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies