NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:24:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006.  (Read 2670 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: September 26, 2005, 12:08:26 AM »

Why thank you King, for that witty statement......awkward silence.....

I admit I'm a partisan Democrat, but Weld is the kind of Republican I'd have no problem voting for. I only care about social issues, you can be as conservative on economics as you want, its all about the values to me. The fact that his own party sabotaged his federal nomination in the 90's shows that he is a bi-partisan figure who wouldn't force his own morals on his constituents like that scuzzy Mormon who's in MA now cough Romney cough.

I'd love a Weld vs. Spitzer race, both candidates would be great. It would make up for CT not having a competitive race next year.

Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 07:32:23 PM »

I'd love a Weld vs. Spitzer race, both candidates would be great. It would make up for CT not having a competitive race next year.

Actually Weld v. Spitzer wouldn't be close at all.  Polls show Spitzer winning by about 45% now (although alot of that's due to no name recognition for Weld).  Nevertheless I wouldn't think Weld could get within 20% by Nov. 2006.

Yeah it would be closer by election day. I meant that I personally would like a Weld/Spitzer race. Even if the NY GOP is divided, they would still get some semblance of an act together or else risk being out of power for a long time. I don't know if anyone more conservative than Pataki would ever stand a chance at winning anyway.

By the way, the NY GOP were the ones who tried to keep McCain off the primary ballot in 2000, they suck!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies