Why didn’t Kasich run for the Senate seat this year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:36:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why didn’t Kasich run for the Senate seat this year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why didn’t Kasich run for the Senate seat this year?  (Read 2140 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 06:47:20 AM »

I can't believe nobody has come up with the correct answer.

John Kasich does not want to serve in a federal government that is led by Donald Trump.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 07:54:43 AM »

John Kasich does not want to serve in a federal government that is led by Donald Trump.

Yet he’s fine being in a party led by him
Please, he's a term-limited governor. You expect him to switch parties?

Zell Miller didn't agree with or like pretty much anyone in the Democratic Party at the national level for at least the last 20 years of his life, yet he remained a Democrat, in his own words, "until the day I die".

Kasich's relationship with his own party isn't nearly that adversarial. I can't imagine him giving the keynote address at the DNC.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 02:30:32 AM »

Yet he’s fine being in a party led by him
Please, he's a term-limited governor. You expect him to switch parties?

Zell Miller didn't agree with or like pretty much anyone in the Democratic Party at the national level for at least the last 20 years of his life, yet he remained a Democrat, in his own words, "until the day I die".

Kasich's relationship with his own party isn't nearly that adversarial. I can't imagine him giving the keynote address at the DNC.

Not quite regarding Miller. Check out his 92 Democratic National Convention keynote speech for Clinton. Could have been delivered by a Sanders supporter. The thing is Miller has always been a chameleon from left to right and left right throughout his career in Georgia politics as need be. He saw that he could make a ton of Moolah becoming Fox news's favorite pet so-called Democrat, and kept the party label so he wouldn't be just a another blue dog turned Republican
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »

This has all the makings of aBlue wave and Sherrod Brown is in good shape ... with that being said I think if Kasich ran for Senate he would have if not won, at least came close and bucked the National trend
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies