Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:35:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the Indiana senate primary? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita
Luke Messer

Todd Rokita

Mike Braun

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun  (Read 2662 times)
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« on: April 11, 2018, 10:08:18 AM »

Rokita seems like a poor candidate, so as someone with an interest in Joe Donnelly remaining a senator, my preference is for Rokita.

I think Braun wins it though and, if he does, I move Indiana out of toss up.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:16:45 AM »

Rokita seems like a poor candidate, so as someone with an interest in Joe Donnelly remaining a senator, my preference is for Rokita.

I think Braun wins the nomination too unless the Congresscritters go nuclear in him soon.

That said, Messer still seems by far the weakest fit for the state with his residency issues

I think that Rokita would perform weakest of the Republicans in the vote-rich Indianapolis suburbs and Fort Wayne area. I'm also perhaps a little blinded in that I think Messer's personally more palatable to me! That said, it's probably splitting hairs as they'd both be toss-ups (and perhaps even very lightly tilting Donnelly) with their respective weaknesses, while Braun (absent some explosive oppo research) is the strongest, easily.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »

I think Braun wins the nomination too unless the Congresscritters go nuclear in him soon.

That said, Messer still seems by far the weakest fit for the state with his residency issues

I think that Rokita would perform weakest of the Republicans in the vote-rich Indianapolis suburbs and Fort Wayne area. I'm also perhaps a little blinded in that I think Messer's personally more palatable to me! That said, it's probably splitting hairs as they'd both be toss-ups (and perhaps even very lightly tilting Donnelly) with their respective weaknesses, while Braun (absent some explosive oppo research) is the strongest, easily.

Frankly, I don’t think the race would be a tossup against either Messer or Rokita. They are both clowns with major weaknesses, and Trump isn’t really showing himself to be an asset in Indiana rn, per polling. But yeah, Braun is concerning unless he has major dirt on him that Donnelly is sitting on.

Very fair, yep. I've been burned with Indiana in the past (angrily shakes fist at useless Dan Coats), so I'm still hesitant to call it anything other than a toss-up, but I'd be optimistic with either Rep facing off against Donnelly.  They're not great candidates and Donnelly is a much better candidate and campaigner than he gets credit for. He's generally very good at constituent service too (his office was very responsive to letters and emails when he was still my Senator, much moreso than Durbin and Duckworth are currently...), which, if he can localize the race, would help a lot.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »

Donnelly's whole Every campaign is going to be hurr durrr veterans hurr durr military hurr durr respect the flag. And it has a good (60% chance) of working against any candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies