Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:34:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the Indiana senate primary? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita
Luke Messer

Todd Rokita

Mike Braun

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun  (Read 2703 times)
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« on: April 11, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »

Messer won't win. I voted Braun, who I consider the favorite, though it's close between him and Rokita. If I had to predict the election I'd probably go 40% Braun, 37.5% Rokita and 22.5% Messer. And if I had to guess by CD, I guess that Braun wins 5, 8, 9 Rokita wins 4 Messer wins 6. 2 and 3 will be close, but I'll give both to Rokita narrowly. 1 and 7 won't have many votes in the Republican primary, but I'll give both to Braun because most Republican voters will be of the suburban, business-minded mold, who I think will come home for Braun. Messer lost the election when he yielded those voters to Braun.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 09:46:23 PM »

What's all this talk about Braun being so great? I mean from what I could see, he is alright, but nothing that outstanding. What am I missing here?

He's a former businessman who has actual experience and can easily contrast that with Rokita and Messer, two career politicians (I have nothing against that, but people obviously do) who are really easy to make targets out of.

Mike Braun is the Generic R. There is nothing to dislike him for outside of his basic Republican ideas (stand for the pledge, pro-life, etc.) and his stupid primary votes, which people won't care about in the general. He doesn't have the massive residency issues of Messer or odd personality and obvious political ambition of Rokita. Another thing, he can self fund. That's a big detail that I haven't seen mentioned much.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies