Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the Indiana senate primary? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita
Luke Messer

Todd Rokita

Mike Braun

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Who wins? : Luke Messer vs Todd Rokita vs Mike Braun  (Read 2663 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2018, 09:48:58 AM »

As we are approaching one of the most crucial senate primaries of the 2018 midterm elections in Indiana on May 8, this three-way race seems likely to see either Luke Messer or Todd Rokita winning the primary to face Joe Donnelly on November though Braun could pull an upset but I doubt he will.

So who do you think between Messer, Rokita and Braun will win the Indiana senate primary next month?
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:08:18 AM »

Rokita seems like a poor candidate, so as someone with an interest in Joe Donnelly remaining a senator, my preference is for Rokita.

I think Braun wins it though and, if he does, I move Indiana out of toss up.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »

I honestly have no idea. Lean Rokita as he’s scratching that Trumpy itch, but I really don’t know
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:16:45 AM »

Rokita seems like a poor candidate, so as someone with an interest in Joe Donnelly remaining a senator, my preference is for Rokita.

I think Braun wins the nomination too unless the Congresscritters go nuclear in him soon.

That said, Messer still seems by far the weakest fit for the state with his residency issues

I think that Rokita would perform weakest of the Republicans in the vote-rich Indianapolis suburbs and Fort Wayne area. I'm also perhaps a little blinded in that I think Messer's personally more palatable to me! That said, it's probably splitting hairs as they'd both be toss-ups (and perhaps even very lightly tilting Donnelly) with their respective weaknesses, while Braun (absent some explosive oppo research) is the strongest, easily.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:21:46 AM »

Donnelly's whole campaign is going to be hurr durrr veterans hurr durr military hurr durr respect the flag. And it has a good (60% chance) of working against any candidate.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »

I think Braun wins the nomination too unless the Congresscritters go nuclear in him soon.

That said, Messer still seems by far the weakest fit for the state with his residency issues

I think that Rokita would perform weakest of the Republicans in the vote-rich Indianapolis suburbs and Fort Wayne area. I'm also perhaps a little blinded in that I think Messer's personally more palatable to me! That said, it's probably splitting hairs as they'd both be toss-ups (and perhaps even very lightly tilting Donnelly) with their respective weaknesses, while Braun (absent some explosive oppo research) is the strongest, easily.

Frankly, I don’t think the race would be a tossup against either Messer or Rokita. They are both clowns with major weaknesses, and Trump isn’t really showing himself to be an asset in Indiana rn, per polling. But yeah, Braun is concerning unless he has major dirt on him that Donnelly is sitting on.

Very fair, yep. I've been burned with Indiana in the past (angrily shakes fist at useless Dan Coats), so I'm still hesitant to call it anything other than a toss-up, but I'd be optimistic with either Rep facing off against Donnelly.  They're not great candidates and Donnelly is a much better candidate and campaigner than he gets credit for. He's generally very good at constituent service too (his office was very responsive to letters and emails when he was still my Senator, much moreso than Durbin and Duckworth are currently...), which, if he can localize the race, would help a lot.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »

Donnelly's whole Every campaign is going to be hurr durrr veterans hurr durr military hurr durr respect the flag. And it has a good (60% chance) of working against any candidate.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:35:39 AM »

Hopefully Braun.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »

Messer won't win. I voted Braun, who I consider the favorite, though it's close between him and Rokita. If I had to predict the election I'd probably go 40% Braun, 37.5% Rokita and 22.5% Messer. And if I had to guess by CD, I guess that Braun wins 5, 8, 9 Rokita wins 4 Messer wins 6. 2 and 3 will be close, but I'll give both to Rokita narrowly. 1 and 7 won't have many votes in the Republican primary, but I'll give both to Braun because most Republican voters will be of the suburban, business-minded mold, who I think will come home for Braun. Messer lost the election when he yielded those voters to Braun.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 12:46:30 PM »

Braun's gonna pull it out
Theodore
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.78

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 12:47:05 PM »

I am hoping for Messer, but I wouldn't be surprised if Braun won
PAK Man

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 01:38:35 PM »

I'm thinking it's going to be Braun by a narrow margin. I feel like Messer and Rokita are going to go after each other, ignoring him and he'll slip through.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 03:48:41 PM »

Hopefully Donnelly pulls out the McCaskill playbook real soon

Really? Rokita always struck me as the weakest candidate.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 03:53:22 PM »

Hopefully Donnelly pulls out the McCaskill playbook real soon

Really? Rokita always struck me as the weakest candidate.
well, your only real shot (even if an incredibly good one) is braun, and if nrsc wasn't so retarded, they'd invest in him
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »

What's all this talk about Braun being so great? I mean from what I could see, he is alright, but nothing that outstanding. What am I missing here?
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 09:46:23 PM »

What's all this talk about Braun being so great? I mean from what I could see, he is alright, but nothing that outstanding. What am I missing here?

He's a former businessman who has actual experience and can easily contrast that with Rokita and Messer, two career politicians (I have nothing against that, but people obviously do) who are really easy to make targets out of.

Mike Braun is the Generic R. There is nothing to dislike him for outside of his basic Republican ideas (stand for the pledge, pro-life, etc.) and his stupid primary votes, which people won't care about in the general. He doesn't have the massive residency issues of Messer or odd personality and obvious political ambition of Rokita. Another thing, he can self fund. That's a big detail that I haven't seen mentioned much.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 11:10:22 PM »

He's a former businessman who has actual experience and can easily contrast that with Rokita and Messer, two career politicians (I have nothing against that, but people obviously do) who are really easy to make targets out of.

Mike Braun is the Generic R. There is nothing to dislike him for outside of his basic Republican ideas (stand for the pledge, pro-life, etc.) and his stupid primary votes, which people won't care about in the general. He doesn't have the massive residency issues of Messer or odd personality and obvious political ambition of Rokita. Another thing, he can self fund. That's a big detail that I haven't seen mentioned much.

Thanks, hopefully either Rokita or Messer makes the cut in the primary then.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies