Sabato's Crystal Ball: 3 House Rating Changes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:38:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sabato's Crystal Ball: 3 House Rating Changes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sabato's Crystal Ball: 3 House Rating Changes  (Read 695 times)
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2018, 10:41:04 AM »

Agree with FL-15 and KS-02; While Rs have a good chance of holding FL-15 at the moment, it has a history of being close in presidential elections. Also, it seems to hold similar characteristics to other suburban districts that might have voted for Trump, but are now swinging towards the Democrats, like the State house Special election in Sarasota earlier this year.

KS-02 is now the definition of a tossup. There have been a few polls showing a close race, with Paul Davis narrowly leading in some cases.

WI-01 I don't agree with, as while Obama did carry the current version in 2008, that was when Wisconsin was swinging hard to the left in the midst of a recession. This district contains places that historically have been quite R, including part of Waukesha. I would rate it Leans R right now.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »

Tossup still might be a little too generous for Democrats' chances in WI-1. I agree with the other two though.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:03:59 PM »

Tossup still might be a little too generous for Democrats' chances in WI-1. I agree with the other two though.
Probably because as the race stands "April 11th" it is a toss up because the GOP don't currently have a credible candidate. Until ones arises this race is toss up or even lean D.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »

Probably because as the race stands "April 11th" it is a toss up because the GOP don't currently have a credible candidate. Until ones arises this race is toss up or even lean D.

Prediction: when a credible candidate emerges, they'll move it back to Lean or Likely R, which will prompt all sorts of hot takes on reversal of the blue wave.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies