2028 Election Night: President Pence re elected President. Your reaction? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:28:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2028 Election Night: President Pence re elected President. Your reaction? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2028 Election Night: President Pence re elected President. Your reaction?  (Read 1299 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: April 08, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »
« edited: April 09, 2018, 06:44:18 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I wouldn't be surprised and would continue to despair at how alienated I feel from the rest of my country, which will truly reveal itself as the reactionary hellhole that I always secretly suspected that it was. I would love to say that I'd be living in Canada by then, but I doubt it. Hell, by then even Canada might have its own version of right-wing populists being in power which I also wouldn't want to deal with.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:07:53 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised and would continue to despair at how alienated I feel from the rest of my country, which will truly reveal itself as the reactionary hellhole that I always secretly suspected that it was. I would love to say that I'd be living in Canada by then, but I doubt it. Hell, by then even Canada might have its own version of right-wing populists being in power which I also wouldn't want to deal with.
This partisanship.  I understand Republicans had the same thought about Obama, but in reverse, but how is either good for the country?  Just dismissing half the country like that, how is that divide sustainable?  This is coming from a "socially regressive nutjob."   

I am inherently a jaded, partisan liberal Democrat. I make no excuses about it and I don't present myself as otherwise. Anyway, this is only in this hypothetical. I'm not that far gone...yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies