We present: The Keep-It-Simple Plan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:48:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  We present: The Keep-It-Simple Plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We present: The Keep-It-Simple Plan  (Read 874 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »

The Keep it Simple Plan

Recently, Atlasia's Federalist Senators have been busy at work giving opportunities for all people to succeed in life while protecting your freedoms and liberties. This is the key to the Atlasian Dream, the vision we strive for all Atlasians to achieve. Senators LouisvilleThunder, Reactionary, and myself, have come up with a plan that Atlasia desperately needs. It’s named the “Keep it Simple Plan” because that’s exactly what it’ll do. We have many real ideological-based policies we want to get passed in order to accomplish our vision of a better and more simple, effective Atlasia.

Protecting and preserving the Atlasian Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Bicameralism with strong checks and balances.
Pass Pay-go in the Senate.
Pass a balanced budget amendment.
Protect regional rights.
Fix Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
Reform the tax system.
A federal “jobs.gov” website.
Protecting workers’ rights.
Getting rid of burdensome regulations that don’t protect the Atlasian worker.
Fix the problem of the outsourcing of jobs.
Make healthcare more affordable for working and middle class Atlasians.
Solve problems in the Veterans Affairs hospitals.
Regulating out of control drug prices.
Encouragement of private investment in the clean energy sector.
Non-interventionism unless when we or our allies are threatened.
Further space exploration, and also private space ventures, such as mining, etc.
Support regional parties to advance Federalist issues in the regions.
A protection of the office of the Vice Presidency.
Eminent Domain Reform.
Protect us from cyberterrorism and keep our electrical grid safe.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:49:53 PM »

Kudos on developing a policy based agenda (we need more of those in Atlasia), and I certainly see myself voting in favor of several of those measures. However, it is disappointing to see the continued trend of opposing constitutional reform and doubling down on non-interventionism given the present climate in Atlasia.

I wonder, considering the actual quote is "unless when we or our allies are threatened" would this mean the "Keep it Simple Plan" endorses intervention in Korea given the threat posted to our allies by the Chinese invasion?
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »

Kudos on developing a policy based agenda (we need more of those in Atlasia), and I certainly see myself voting in favor of several of those measures. However, it is disappointing to see the continued trend of opposing constitutional reform and doubling down on non-interventionism given the present climate in Atlasia.

I wonder, considering the actual quote is "unless when we or our allies are threatened" would this mean the "Keep it Simple Plan" endorses intervention in Korea given the threat posted to our allies by the Chinese invasion?
The current constitution works fine as it provides a strong framework for balancing power between different branches and levels of government. This game actually is enjoyable for many Atlasians and any problems related to activity can easily be solved through holding current officeholders accountable and recruiting more people to play within the system. Shortsighted artificial measures that are generally supported by many prominent Atlasians recently such as yourself won't actually fix anything and would only drive people away from the game. What the majority of Atlasians truly hunger for is a game focused on real ideological debate as a constant debate about game reform halts progress on ideological-based policies. It is impossible to design a game that would appease every concern of every citizen, but what we have is functional and flexible enough for the vast majority to have a say in how they wish to be governed. Also, the status of the game is certainly better today than it once was and you can't only consider the culture of the game years ago when applying it to policy today.

We also don't support a reckless neo-conservative foreign policy that supports getting into wars that don't help the interests of Atlasians. Instead, we support a realist foreign policy that prefers non-interventionism and diplomatic solutions first unless a real threat against our allies also threatens the safety of Atlasia itself. We don't subscribe to the belief that intervening in a war puts Atlasia on a moral high ground. That is delusional reasoning which drove many leaders to cause unnecessary blunders and bloodshed throughout history. We oppose intervention in Korea right now because it simply is not worth fighting the Chinese over this crisis as there does not appear to be an actual endgame that could feasibly result in a true victory for Atlasia. Instead, a better course of action would be to continue offering support for our allies fighting in Korea as well as humanitarian aid for civilians while keeping Atlasian troops out of the fight as this is the most prudent strategy to accomplish our goals.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »

Really? Do you really see no problem in the Chinese ripping a treaty they signed into shreds and sending an invasion force into Korea to install a puppet regime under Kim? Have we become so detached from reality that we will allow the Koreans and Japanese to be overrun and doom millions to totalitarian rule, hunger and death? This agenda claims to support intervention if our allies are threatened, and by god, South Korea, Japan and the PLK are in mortal danger.

Do tell, in what world is it wise to let China walk over Korea and do whatever the hell it wants?

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 02:11:19 PM »

Really? Do you really see no problem in the Chinese ripping a treaty they signed into shreds and sending an invasion force into Korea to install a puppet regime under Kim? Have we become so detached from reality that we will allow the Koreans and Japanese to be overrun and doom millions to totalitarian rule, hunger and death? This agenda claims to support intervention if our allies are threatened, and by god, South Korea, Japan and the PLK are in mortal danger.

Do tell, in what world is it wise to let China walk over Korea and do whatever the hell it wants?

I'll add to this: in RL, the United States would have intervened by now.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 02:37:24 PM »

On the FP side of things, it is entirely demographic in origin.

Of course I happen to think most all politics is demographic in origin. Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 03:02:51 PM »

How do you even fight a war with a nuclear power? Especially one that has the largest population in the world?

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies