Four More Years II- the Third Obama Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Four More Years II- the Third Obama Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Four More Years II- the Third Obama Administration  (Read 39023 times)
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2018, 01:04:38 PM »

Suprised that Christie is polling in Second. Expecting 2020 to come down to Baker, Cruz/Cotton (or both), and one or two other candidates, although predicting what you are planning can be difficult.  On the Democratic side I fully expect Biden and Baldwin to run. Those two plus Booker and or Harris would lead the field, although I'm not discounting the potential for a surprise appearance from Kander.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »

Great FL-27 shoutout Smiley
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2018, 01:43:27 PM »

Which seats did Republicans pickup, and which seats changed in 2016?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »

Suprised that Christie is polling in Second. Expecting 2020 to come down to Baker, Cruz/Cotton (or both), and one or two other candidates, although predicting what you are planning can be difficult.  On the Democratic side I fully expect Biden and Baldwin to run. Those two plus Booker and or Harris would lead the field, although I'm not discounting the potential for a surprise appearance from Kander.

Christie was Trump's running mate in 2016 ITTL, so his name recognition propels him. And interesting predictions- I won't say if they're correct, but there will be surprised Wink

Which seats did Republicans pickup, and which seats changed in 2016?

A LOT of seats changed in 2016 Tongue Democrats gained 43 seats then, so my limited knowledge of local American politics won't be enough to let me say exactly which ones changed, plus I like the flexibility of non-determination on this issue. As for Republican pickups in 2018- I might compile a list later, but I can say that at least 1-2 were in California (where Dems flipped a lot of seats in 2016). However, if you ask me about individual seats that interest you, I can provide their 2016-2018 history. Smiley
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »

Did ojeda run/win
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2018, 02:48:22 PM »

Obviously not.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »

Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »

Did Zephyr Teachout win in 2016 NY-19 in this timeline?
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2018, 04:05:55 PM »

Did Zephyr Teachout win in 2016 NY-19 in this timeline?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »

Republicans didn't lose Key Races in the Governorships. Hilarious from Parrotguy to pretend Kansas or Georgia being "Key Races". Republicans retained FL & OH and picked up PA.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »

Republicans didn't lose Key Races in the Governorships. Hilarious from Parrotguy to pretend Kansas or Georgia being "Key Races". Republicans retained FL & OH and picked up PA.

Lost Michigan
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »

Are we going to sit by while this dude oppresses Parrotguy's free speech? Parrotguy Is 'Mayor Pete' Country now anyway
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #237 on: August 20, 2018, 10:29:28 PM »

Are we going to sit by while this dude oppresses Parrotguy's free speech? Parrotguy Is 'Mayor Pete' Country now anyway
Listen here, lyin’ Razzguy.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2018, 11:50:52 PM »

Wow! Three wins in eight years. Kasich could become a front runner.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2018, 11:55:19 PM »

Florida Gubernatorial Election (28% Reporting)- REPUBLICAN HOLD
Fmr. AR Governor Mike Huckabee (R)- 41.5% ✓
Lawyer John Morgan (I)- 32.0%
Mayor Andrew Gillum (D)- 25.5%

N U T
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2018, 03:27:33 AM »

Lost Michigan

This lol. Also, losing Georgia in a favourable year is pretty painful. In any case, I clearly wrote that the Republicans won big in governorships, so I don't see the problem.
vanteran
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »

I understand your writing Mayor Pete (which is fantastic), I was wondering if this timeline will make a return? It's awesome!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2018, 06:13:56 AM »

I understand your writing Mayor Pete (which is fantastic), I was wondering if this timeline will make a return? It's awesome!

Yep, I am planning to finish at least the third term, and maybe even the 2020 election, though it's likelier further in the future since I kinda want to start a new TL after Mayor Pete is done. But I'm bored at work atm, so I might just write a chapter of this TL now, we'll see Tongue
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2018, 09:40:58 AM »

I would have to say that Haslam, being the one that led the GOP to victory in the Governor Elections, will have a lot of support for 2020. Even if he's only been in the Senate for 2 years at that point, he will have the same pull that other people had due to his experience as Governor and Mayor (also, everyone else is ew, so I wouldn't vote for anyone except maybe an Independent Mark Cuban)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2018, 12:04:58 PM »

November 8th, 2018

President Obama thanks American people for "democratic participation" after high-turnout midterms, promises bipartisan outreach

WASHINGTON, D.C. - In the afternoon following a tense midterm election night, President Barack Obama looked satisfied with the results as he thanked the American people for "a fantastic election season and wonderful participation". In his remarks, the President made an emphasis on bipartisanship and cooperation with moderate Republicans, an expected move following a resurgence of centrist Republican members of congress, especially in the Senate. As Demcorats lose five seats, Obama will have to increasingly rely on Republican votes to pass his agenda, and he seems determined to avoid the obstructionism of 2015-2017, and so called on Senate Republicans to "work together with their colleagues and with out administration to find real solutions to the problems facing America." He pointed out the main issues the administration plans to tackle this year, with an emphasis on issues that seem likely to attract bipartisan support- criminal justice reform, immigration reform and a trade deal with europe, a Trans Atlantic Pact.

November 21st, 2018

Justice Ginsburg announces retirement after rib-shattering fall, sets up confirmation battle in lame-duck season

NEW YORK CITY - Longtime Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a liberal favourite, has announced her retirement from the Court, citing old age and then need for new blood on the Court. Ginsburg, a daughter of Russian-Jewish immigrants, has dedicated much of her life to struggle for women's rights and gender equality. As she retired, she earned praise from liberals, like President Obama who called her "an icon we'll forever remember". Now that her seat has opened, President Barack Obama has yet another Supreme Court seat to fill, and is expected to search for a fiery liberal woman to confirm, which likely sets up a confirmation battle. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has already signaled that he's likely to nuke the judicial filibuster, a controversial move that would make life easier for the President in the next congress too. Two more retirements are expected in the next two years- moderate conservative Justice Anthony Kennedy and liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, meaning that the court could move further left soon.

December 2nd, 2018

Democratic House caucus retains Pelosi as Speaker, Israel as Majority Leader; Barbara Lee elected Majority Whip with Presidential support

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Yesterday, the Democratic House Caucus held the vote for leadership positions in the next congress. While Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who announced that this would be her last term, and Majority Leader Steve Israel, also reportedly contemplating retirement in 2020, have both won their positions almost unanimously, the Whip position was contested, and ended up with victory for progressive U.S. Rep. Barbara Lee, who reportedly had behind-the-scenes support from Obamaworld. She was elected over rival Debbie Dingell, as well as Seth Moulton and Tulsi Gabbard, meaning that the Democratic leadership trio will have a female majority in the next congress. Progressives have praised the President's move, with Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) calling it "unifying and prudent". On the Republican side, current Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy was elected Minority Leader and Majority Whip Steve Scalise was elected Minority Whip, as expected.

December 13th, 2018

Gun violence "on the decline" months after passage of SOCA

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Save Our Children Act passed in September, restricting magazine size and introducing bullet and age limits, banning bump-stocks and military-rank guns and imposing universal background checks, seems to be working. According to recent statistics collected about the months October and November, gun violence has seen a slow but steady decline, despite the long-term effects of the bill not being close to playing out yet. Vice President Tammy Baldwin, who's considered likely to run for President in 2020 and who was the key figure behind the formation of the bill, touted the achievement, saying that "as time passes, we'll hopefully see many less school shootings and fatal events" and added that "maybe one day we can eliminate gun violence like the rest of the western world". The Parkland survivors, who continued advocating for further gun control, said that the trend shows "how gun control can do wonders to save people like our friends", and added that more measures are needed.

December 21st

Biden on 2020 Presidential bid: "I'm thinking about it", hints that retirement might be likelier

WILMINGTON - Secretary of State Joe Biden, who continued keeping a high profile in the past four years with successful climate and North Korea negotiations, is still thinking about running for President in 2020. Biden, who has a deep resume as former Senator, Vice President and now Secretary of State, is considered an instant frontrunner if he decides to run, polling above Vice President Tammy Baldwin, another likely candidate, who's still lower profile than him. But Biden, 76, might just want to retire- he lost his son in 2015, and the decision to retire from the Vice Presidency reflects his grief, though he decided to jump into the State Department for the sake of the President, his friend. Now, Biden said that "new blood might be needed and I do want to spend time with my family and rest after decades of service", hinting that a run might be less likely than not as of now. At the same time, it looks like other members of the administration are gearing up for a possible run- other than Baldwin, other names considering a bid are Attorney General Deval Patrick, HUD Secretary Julian Castro, HHS Secretary Howard Dean, who regained prominence after helping pass the popular Guaranteed Healthcare Act, and even EPA Administrator Al Gore, former Vice President, is making sounds of a run after being the face of the administration's climate change efforts.

President Obama Job Approval
Approve- 54%
Disapprove- 41%
Not Sure- 5%
vanteran
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2018, 06:38:42 PM »

Excellent stuff! Smiley
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »

I hope you do decided to work on this after your done with Mayor Pete because I really really like this TL
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »

Why do McCaskill, Nelson and Abrams win in this when they lost IRL?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »

Why do McCaskill, Nelson and Abrams win in this when they lost IRL?

Because this was written months before the election IRL and I'm not capable of predicting the future. Abrams is also a special case because she was facing Herman Cain.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2019, 05:45:12 PM »

I'm assuming Obama met face-to-face with Duterte in the 2017 ASEAN Summit in Manila ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies