Paradox Interactive Games Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:24:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Paradox Interactive Games Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paradox Interactive Games Thread  (Read 37646 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 08, 2018, 11:08:53 PM »

I've never played one of these type games before, so I'll check this one out.

Thanks BK! ^.^
Prepare to lose all of your free time.
these games are addictive, can confirm
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:52:29 PM »

50+ hours of playing time so far, and the single biggest thing that annoys me the most is devilkind succession.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:00:25 AM »

im going to show a map of my empire in Victoria 2 game soon Cheesy
I thought you were banned from the Vicky 2 server. Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 03:01:05 PM »

I bought CK2 for free on Steam a few weeks ago but I still have not played it. It seems different from all the other grand strategy games I have played in the past like HOI, Victoria and EU. I figured CK2 was pretty much the same as EU4, but set in a different timeline. I have read more about CK2 and the weird ruler system it has, it seems kind of intimating. I have zero idea how that ruling dynasty stuff works. I want a change from EU4, but the learning curve is going to be tough. It was very easy to jump from HOI to Victoria, then Victoria to EU4.
I have played it for quite a bit. AMA.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 05:22:05 AM »

Thoughts on this video, y'all?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 11:57:18 PM »

My latest Ireland playthrough is going quite well...Scotland and Ireland in de facto permanent personal union (thank you Tanistry), the nobles are contented, I have over 1300 troops from my capital county alone, I am making almost +8 gold a turn, and the Scottish lords are in no position to oppose me.
I would vassalize most of the rest of Ireland but that would mean more nobility to contend with...My main concern is keeping my realm as large as I can sustainably control...
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 11:19:49 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2021, 11:56:15 PM by Southern Deputy Speaker Punxsutawney Phil »

My latest Ireland playthrough is going quite well...Scotland and Ireland in de facto permanent personal union (thank you Tanistry), the nobles are contented, I have over 1300 troops from my capital county alone, I am making almost +8 gold a turn, and the Scottish lords are in no position to oppose me.
I would vassalize most of the rest of Ireland but that would mean more nobility to contend with...My main concern is keeping my realm as large as I can sustainably control...

which start date did you go with Tim?
937, Connachta
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Anyway, this is the game after some 50 or so years of further gameplay today.
I have ambitions to take Leinster and in the process cut Britanny off from its lands in the British Isles but that's not possible yet.
Crown Authority is higher in Scotland now - I can revoke titles.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 05:50:32 PM »

came across this old thread from all the way back in 2004 that served a similiar purpose to this thread.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 08:28:21 PM »

Anyone played Royal Court yet? Looks like a massive expansion, I'm pretty excited, will totally be getting it and playing it once I'm off work. Actually putting my current game on hold (Started in Gilan as a Mazdayasna and have actually been able to restore the Persian Empire around 1260.)
I wish you best of luck with it!
Have fun!
Personally I'm holding off on CK3 at least until it's more developed, but it's a great and fun game to watch.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2023, 02:29:01 AM »

Canada is now playable in HOI4, thanks to a recent update which made it possible to boost both manpower and industry, both of which Canada desperately needs. Before you had to choose between the two. Using this update, I was able to lead the charge in defeating both Germany and Japan; most of West Germany is the Canadian Occupation Zone and Japan is split between me and my American allies.

Even before that, I was able to get an achievement for defeating the US and burning down Washington as Canada. This was actually pretty easy. All you have to do is go fascist, ally with Germany, and make a beeline to DC. I capitulated the whole US in the end but you get the achievement even if you don't, all you have to do is occupy DC.
The US is pretty weak in HOI4 in the early years. It takes time to become a behemoth...
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2023, 01:59:40 PM »

My best USSR game yet. I took out Germany by 1937! Actual war only lasted a couple months! And I just used the starting army!

Is that Heart of Iron 3? I bought that a year ago and have been too tired to play it ever since.
Looks like Hearts of Iron 4.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2023, 06:28:22 PM »

Would recommend you guys give The New Order and Darkest Hour a try. Both are great mods for Hoi4.
I second this.
Also, I have recommendations for groups to play in The New Order, if anyone is interested.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2023, 11:57:32 PM »

Revenge for 1812! Canucks and Euros, close your eyes!

"The Star Spangled Banner" began playing in my head as I saw this.
Bring out the bald eagles!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2023, 07:03:43 PM »

I played loads of CK2 to distract from world events. Screenshots and descriptions of what I played will be forthcoming.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies