Paradox Interactive Games Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:36:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Paradox Interactive Games Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Author Topic: Paradox Interactive Games Thread  (Read 37640 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2019, 01:31:41 AM »

I've been trying to survive as one of the small Zoroaster nations for a while know but cant get around the damn Abbassids. Hopefully Ck3 is delayed slightly so I can restore the truth faith to the near east before having to jump to the new game.

I am currently working on a Zun game where I started as Haesteinn in 867, prepared invasion of Persia, and then switched over. I think the same strategy would work for Zoroastrian and put you in a much better position. Also, the Norse culture will let you raid while to get your religion's Moral Authority up and lower the Sunni (or Buddhist, Hindu, etc.) MA.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2019, 02:00:12 AM »

Everyone: it seems clear imo that Victoria 3 will be the next game to be announced. Wiz has been working on some unnamed "secret project" for half a year now, and he's the dev who loves Victoria 2 so much he worked for free during the studio's winter vacation to put out the newest patch for Victoria 2, years after work on the game stopped
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2019, 02:01:22 AM »

I've been trying to survive as one of the small Zoroaster nations for a while know but cant get around the damn Abbassids. Hopefully Ck3 is delayed slightly so I can restore the truth faith to the near east before having to jump to the new game.

I am currently working on a Zun game where I started as Haesteinn in 867, prepared invasion of Persia, and then switched over. I think the same strategy would work for Zoroastrian and put you in a much better position. Also, the Norse culture will let you raid while to get your religion's Moral Authority up and lower the Sunni (or Buddhist, Hindu, etc.) MA.

Oh man, I love Zunism and I love playing as Haestein but I never thought of combining the two - I will have to try this!
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2019, 08:38:23 PM »

We need KOTOR III, not Vicky III.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2019, 01:43:59 AM »

We need both.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2019, 09:02:40 AM »

We need East vs. West.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2019, 12:15:57 AM »

So I made a CK2 character based on myself and my traits....and somehow got my age exactly right!

(Religion is Cathar, due to their gender equality I'd say they're the closest thing to Middle Ages hipster Christianity in the game.)

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2020, 07:37:02 PM »

Finally pulled off one of the most difficult CK2 achievements. This required multiple wars with the Byzantine Empire.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »

Finally pulled off one of the most difficult CK2 achievements. This required multiple wars with the Byzantine Empire.

Not to cut down your accomplishment, but you can also do this as Haesteinn (probably able Haraldr or another Norse) by doing a prepared invasion and then converting to Judaism through control of the holy sites.

But yes, that's gotta be pretty hard if you started in Ethiopia.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2020, 10:06:21 PM »

Not to cut down your accomplishment, but you can also do this as Haesteinn (probably able Haraldr or another Norse) by doing a prepared invasion and then converting to Judaism through control of the holy sites.

I started in Scotland.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2020, 11:57:37 PM »

I started in Scotland.

Did you convert to Judaism beforehand? Through a wife?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2020, 12:10:01 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2020, 12:21:56 AM by Yes, I Am Talking To You »

I started in Scotland.

Did you convert to Judaism beforehand? Through a wife?
It went like this basically:

Step 1: Conquest if Ireland
Step 2: Use my force to conquer the rest of the British Isles and form the Empire of Alba.
Step 3: Expand via holy wars against pagans in Scandinavia and also use some claims to take most of Brittany.
Step 4: Select my daughter as a beneficiary for a crusade for Egypt and have her take a duchy.
Step 5: Playing as her, claim and take Jerusalem (under the same liege)
Step 6: Have all her territory get inherited by the Emperor's heir once she died and go to Alba.
Step 7: Betrothe my new heir to the daughter of my Jewish Steward.
Step 8: Call in a Chinese invasion destroying the Egyptian Crusader state that controlled most of Israel.
Step 9: Take over Israel.
Step 10: Secretly convert to Judaism via my wife once my heir took over and start a cult converting people.
Step 11: Openly adopt Judaism once I controlled all the needed territory and form Israel.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2020, 07:29:28 PM »

Just stumbled upon a fun strategy - As the Byzantine Emperor, I converted to the Kharijite faith through a wife. I then got a Muslim Invasion CB against any non-Kharijite kingdoms in the game.

Since I had a whole lot of troops, I used it on Arabia (the Abbasids). Unlike a prepared invasion, I didn't get to keep counties I sieged outside the kingdom, but they all became independent duchies and I took over Arabia. I first used religious revocation on all the Sunni titles in the kingdom and replaced them all with dynasty members. Then I did the same thing to Persia. I tried on Daylam, but that king converted to Kharijite shortly before I won.

Now I'm looking at taking North Africa this way. A drawback is that Muslims can't restore the Roman Empire, but I didn't convert any of my descendants, so a future ruler can handle that.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2020, 07:25:42 PM »

Picked up hoi4 for the first time in a long time.  I got the recent dlc as well.  Does anyone feel like there’s too much going on now?  I don’t like managing fuel, espionage, or a host of other things.  The game has turned into way too much work.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »

tangentially related, but the creator of the amazing Red World mod for HOI4 apparently died in a car accident last october. That mod is amazing and I hope that the fans of it continue the great work he started.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2020, 01:13:06 PM »

TNO is releasing at 6 PM
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2020, 01:02:48 AM »

I am loving the mod so far. It'scleara lot of time and effort has gone jnto it.

Currently blowing up the world as Himmler. Take that, Speertard cucks!
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #267 on: July 23, 2020, 02:09:16 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2020, 02:13:28 AM by W »

I've been very into Paradox games since I got Vicky 2 when I was 11 years old. I have around 3500 hours in HOI4 and also program mods for it in my spare time, some of which have had mild success but nothing too major. Love tinkering with files and bitmap images to see what abominations I can make.

I am admittedly horrible at EU4 but doing my best to get better. Probably fairly mediocre at CK2 but pretty good at HOI4 Vicky2 and Imperator.

Anyways interesting "exploit"/secret in the most recent HOI4 DLC, during the war as Nazi Germany do the permit recruiting in occupied countries decision and take the third option to recruit for the Wehrmacht. This will tick off the SS leadership so then take all the options to not do anything about SS disloyalty and eventually Himmler will make an attempt on Hitler's life. There is only a 30% chance it will succeed, but if it does not you can let Himmler off and repeat the process. Eventually once Hitler is dead you can ask the Wehrmacht to take control and July 20th plot conspirator Gunther von Kluge will become Germany's non-aligned leader and you can join the Allies to fend off the very minor fascist civil war this event triggers. That way you can keep all the territory you lost and once the war ends you can even flip back to fascist if you so choose and go for round 2. Not incredibly useful but a very fun game to play if you wanna do an Italy-esque "switching sides" thing or just don't want to lose your land in an inevitable peace conference.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2020, 02:31:36 AM »

Britain is the only real country to play in Victoria II. Don’t @ me.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2020, 03:18:50 PM »

TNO is out! Leading glorious I R O N  L A Z A R reconquest of Russia

Burgundy is my next play through
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2020, 05:07:42 PM »

CK3 release in 12 days get hype. Taking a trip basically until then so I'll be excited to dive in as soon as I return
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #271 on: August 20, 2020, 07:02:35 AM »

CK3 release in 12 days get hype. Taking a trip basically until then so I'll be excited to dive in as soon as I return

I've watched a few YouTubes on it.  I don't normally get games at (or even near) launch, but if the regular player loves it as much as the paid "influencers" who got early access then I may get it sooner than later.  Some of the features look awfully bad ass (as we would expect).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #272 on: August 22, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »

I feel like I have many more things to do in CK2 (for example, I've never played nomads, nor have I played in India except the one time I invaded as Haesteinn), so I'll probably wait a year or so and let them work out the bugs in CK3 and add some expansions, and try to catch it on sale.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »

I just launched a game on here for the German Civil War in TNO
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #274 on: August 30, 2020, 05:31:33 PM »

I've watched a few YouTubes on it.  I don't normally get games at (or even near) launch, but if the regular player loves it as much as the paid "influencers" who got early access then I may get it sooner than later.  Some of the features look awfully bad ass (as we would expect).

Never change bruh
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies