2044 Electoral Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:46:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2044 Electoral Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2044 Electoral Map  (Read 9521 times)
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:54:54 PM »
« edited: April 13, 2018, 12:13:54 PM by khuzifenq »

Dems become more religious and further left on economics and social issues, republicans become irreligous and focus on an "anti-bureaucracy" platform, libertarians want less government regulation on businesses, laxer gun laws, while  the trumpists want less rules and regulations for police officers, less regulations on racial profiling etc.

Huh

While the first is kind of dubious, the second is very likely to happen.  Or were you referring to "becoming more religious" and moving "further left on social issues" at the same time?

GOP attracting irreligious voters and Dems attracting Mormons is plausible at the very least. The only issue I have with this map is LA and MS being Solid Dem, but I'll give BernieBro the benefit of the doubt. I don't see the contradiction between "religious" and "socially liberal" because I think the wedge social issues among my generation will be different from those of the recent past.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2018, 03:41:55 PM by khuzifenq »

My take on electoral college reapportionment + BernieBro's scenario in a 50/50 election, which doesn't seem too far off from AN63093's prediction or King Lear's.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 01:23:41 AM »

Let's imagine that Republicans keep their gains with the WWC and manage to retain appeal in suburbs at the same time. Democrats remain popular in urban areas and with minorities. Thus:
  • Rust belt, including MN, becomes solidly R around 2024/2028 and stays that way for the next few elections. A booming Chicago under Mayor West keeps this trend from extending to Illinois.
  • Rs also make inroads into the northeast: NY and NJ start going R thanks to stellar recovery efforts in the NYC metro by Pres. Haley after Hurricane Melchizedek in 2031 as well as aforementioned appeal in suburbs/upstate.
  • Vermont has become more R ever since the death of Pres. Sanders from a stroke in 2022 and a subsequent feeling of abandonment starting with his successor, Pres. Harris, and New Hampshire and rural Maine pick up some of the R swing as well.
  • Black populations in the southeast give states from VA to LA a huge Dem boost.
  • Similarly, Hispanics in the sun belt continue to support Dems as well especially with the enshrining of an expanded DACA into law under Pres. Harris.
  • In the PNW, aging hipsters and ex-pats from Generalissimo Elizabeth May's briefly independent Vancouver Island Commune start to swing the region to the Republicans as the party loosens its social conservative grip and residents realize that carbon taxes affect craft beer breweries.
  • Florida is still as swingy as ever.

A map would look something like:

With current EV totals the Republican would narrowly win but I'd imagine redistricting would favour the south, so I'd call a Democratic victory in '44.

Somewhat ironic since carbon taxes have been proposed as a more market-friendly policy solution that would appeal to economically/fiscally conservative Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies