NJ-Gov 2005.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:00:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-Gov 2005.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: NJ-Gov 2005.  (Read 20580 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2005, 04:56:32 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_on_el_gu/new_jersey_governor

Conservatives sitting out? I don't buy it.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2005, 05:28:32 PM »

There is very little hope for Forrester. This looks like a definite Corzine victory.

Republicans shouldn't be so glum about this defeat, however. After all, with Corzine gone, they will probably have an easier time picking up the Senate seat next year.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2005, 05:35:44 PM »

There is very little hope for Forrester. This looks like a definite Corzine victory.

Republicans shouldn't be so glum about this defeat, however. After all, with Corzine gone, they will probably have an easier time picking up the Senate seat next year.

With Kean, it's pretty easy to begin with. Assuming Corzine wins, the Dems will likely have to deal with a weaker candidate in Menendez or Pallone.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2005, 06:14:54 PM »

I  buy it.  Will all of them stay home?  Of course not.  However, majority of your die hard social conservatives care about 2 issues.  Gay marriage and Abortion.  Gay marriage is irrelevant in this race, and when it comes to abortion Forrester is pro-choice.  He also came out last week in favor of Embryonic Stem Cell Research.  I know Free Republic should not be used to gauge most electorates, however, I think their overall tone towards Forrester shows social conservatives just arent that excited about a Pro-Choice, Pro-Stem Cell Research, moderate Republican.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2005, 06:34:35 PM »

I  buy it.  Will all of them stay home?  Of course not.  However, majority of your die hard social conservatives care about 2 issues.  Gay marriage and Abortion.  Gay marriage is irrelevant in this race, and when it comes to abortion Forrester is pro-choice.  He also came out last week in favor of Embryonic Stem Cell Research.  I know Free Republic should not be used to gauge most electorates, however, I think their overall tone towards Forrester shows social conservatives just arent that excited about a Pro-Choice, Pro-Stem Cell Research, moderate Republican.

You won't find that many conservatives like that in NJ and for those who are there, they don't make up enough of the electorate to really swing the election.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2005, 06:43:38 PM »

Independents will swing the election to whoever they want to win
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2005, 01:37:26 AM »

Forrester's campaign is dying.  I stated Corzine would wibn from the start, have advoided saying it was a lock though till now.   Barring some major scandal for Corzine breaking out during the next week, I would say Corzine has this locked
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2005, 02:10:01 PM »

Forrester releases new ad.  Attacks Corzine for letting his family down.

Watch the ad.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2005, 03:58:52 PM »

Watch the ad.

Rebuttle ad:

Forresters daughter has Hodgkin's disease, yet Forrester opposes stem cell research to find a possible cure for his daughter. What kind of family man is Doug Forrester?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2005, 04:02:53 PM »

Doug Forrester is a real ass and I hope he loses by double digits.  Using Corzine's ex-wife to campaign against him is pathetic.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2005, 04:04:23 PM »

Watch the ad.

Rebuttle ad:

Forresters daughter has Hodgkin's disease, yet Forrester opposes stem cell research to find a possible cure for his daughter. What kind of family man is Doug Forrester?

He does support adult stem cell research which has found cures to numerous diseases.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2005, 07:18:17 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2005, 07:24:46 PM by MAS117 »

Former Sen. Bill Bradley, appearing at an event in Montclair today with Jon Corzine, said that he wants Acting Gov. Richard Codey to go to the U.S. Senate if Corzine wins the gubernatorial election.  (11/03/05)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2005, 07:21:07 PM »

Former Sen. Bill Bradley, appearing at an event in Montclair today with Jon Corzine, said that he wants Acting Gov. Richard Codey to go to the U.S. Senate if Corzine wins the gubernatorial election.  (11/03/05)

Instead of posting articles all the time, post some opinions. And how about responding to my comment?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2005, 07:24:58 PM »

I agree with the statement from Senator Bradley. I too would like to see Codey appointed to the Senate after next week's Corzine victory.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2005, 07:27:20 PM »

lol.  Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2005, 07:28:18 PM »

I agree with the statement from Senator Bradley. I too would like to see Codey appointed to the Senate after next week's Corzine victory.

Good boy. Now try responding to what I said. Also, I await your prediction on this race. No waiting until the polls close on the 8th, MAS.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2005, 07:36:26 PM »

Good boy. Now try responding to what I said. Also, I await your prediction on this race. No waiting until the polls close on the 8th, MAS.

Like I said to you already, I will post my prediction on Sunday.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2005, 08:02:27 PM »

Anyone catch the debate?  I cant find a live feed anywhere...
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2005, 08:09:37 PM »

Im sitting here reading Corzine's live blog from the debates and this caught my eye.

"Lower drinking age to 18 - Corzine says that if it's good enough to fight in the army, it's good enough for drinking"

Thats not the smartest thing to say a couple days before an election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2005, 08:10:58 PM »

Im sitting here reading Corzine's live blog from the debates and this really caught my eye.

"Lower drinking age to 18 - Corzine says that if it's good enough to fight in the army, it's good enough for drinking"

Thats not the smartest thing to say a couple days before an election.

It used to be 18. I'm just old enough to remember all these signs saying that the drinking age was just raised to 21 from 18.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2005, 08:12:34 PM »

Well, hopefully Corzine follows through on his word.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The federal government blackmailed them with transportation funds.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2005, 08:28:34 PM »

Well, Corzine just gave Forrester a great sound clip to run for the next 3 days.

I can see it now, "Jon Corzine encourages 18 year olds to get drunk."
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2005, 08:35:06 PM »

I think Forrester has decided he needs low turnout to win.  This is why he is hardcore negative. 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2005, 01:16:17 AM »

I think Forrester has decided he needs low turnout to win.  This is why he is hardcore negative. 

For some reason, Corzine seems to be following his lead.  Why, I don't know.

I get the feeling my Monday prediction is going to be all wrong. 

With New Jersey, it's all about predicting where these damn last-minute New Jersey independents are going to break or whether they'll show up at all. 

Also, I still don't know whether to believe that the usual 2-3% underpolling of mountain Republicans in Virginia is occurring this time or not, and whether apparent Kaine momentum over the last two weeks will overshadow that.

At least I don't have to deal with Wisconsin or New Mexico polling.  And at least I have NYC, where the result is obvious.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2005, 01:49:53 AM »

How dare Corzine actually fight back instead of taking the high road and losing like Kerry?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies