SB 2018-175: The Federal Government as a Model Employer Act (Rejected) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:07:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2018-175: The Federal Government as a Model Employer Act (Rejected) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2018-175: The Federal Government as a Model Employer Act (Rejected)  (Read 2592 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: April 02, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »

I'm definitely questioning this bill, especially because of the Minimum wage section.

As far as I know, the South lacks a minimum wage at this point, Lincoln's minimum wage only exceeds 14$ in the cities, and I'm unsure on the exact Federal Minimum wage, but I'm pretty sure it's below 14$ as well.  Can someone tell me Fremont's minimum wage as well?  I'd like to know if this bill is going to only preference one Region's companies and Cities, and even if it doesn't, I don't believe that the minimum wage requirement should be that high.

Also, in regards to this section: 
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Isn't it already illegal for companies to impede Union membership?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »

Thirded
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »

Aye
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 11:25:53 AM »

Nay!

I very clearly had concerns to this bill, as shown in this post:

I'm definitely questioning this bill, especially because of the Minimum wage section.

As far as I know, the South lacks a minimum wage at this point, Lincoln's minimum wage only exceeds 14$ in the cities, and I'm unsure on the exact Federal Minimum wage, but I'm pretty sure it's below 14$ as well.  Can someone tell me Fremont's minimum wage as well?  I'd like to know if this bill is going to only preference one Region's companies and Cities, and even if it doesn't, I don't believe that the minimum wage requirement should be that high.

Also, in regards to this section: 
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Isn't it already illegal for companies to impede Union membership?

I was simply asking why the minimum wage section has such a high limit, one that only specific counties in Fremont and Cities in Lincoln could pass.  And after I clearly stated those concerns, Senator Pericles went on and completely ignored them: 

First of all I addressed the cost issue in previous posts. Secondly, with the issue of federal government discretion, I'm trying to get a balance between allowing appropriate discretion while preventing the government from actively gutting the bill and just ignoring it. I'm mindful of the issues irl Obamacare is having in this regard. However, what would be best is that rather than this being a reason for a nay vote, other Senators can work to improve this bill and we can amend it appropriately. I do think a transition period of around 1 year would be appropriate so may also introduce an amendment to that bill. This bill is not the final product, and we should amend it to make it even better. Therefore I object to holding a final vote on it-and invite Senators who have concerns to work with me and make a good bill into a great bill.

Not a single mention of the minimum wage portion, completely ignoring my concerns.  Given that the bill as is would only benefit a small portion of Atlasia, and only the Cities of Lincoln, I am voting Nay on this bill.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies