Rand Against the Machine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rand Against the Machine
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand Against the Machine  (Read 1482 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »

A 2016 Timeline

September 9, 2015
CNN – The Republican establishment is in shambles as three outsider candidates continue to lead in the polls. Businessman Donald Trump remains frontrunner, with 24% support according to a Morning Consult poll conducted September 1–4; Kentucky Senator Rand Paul is closely trailing with 21%, and surgeon Ben Carson is in third with 15%. Senators Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are tied for fourth with 8% support each, and former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush, a preferred establishment candidate, is in fifth place, far behind Trump with only 6% support. Businesswoman Carly Fiorina, former Governor Mike Huckabee, and Governors John Kasich, Scott Walker, and Chris Christie received 3% apiece.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:06:34 PM »

GO RANDLET!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »

Trump Accused of Sexual Misconduct
October 28, 2015 – Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump has been accused by three women of sexual misconduct. All three allege Trump groped them in the late 1990s.

Paul Surges, Trump Falls
November 2, 2015 – Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has fallen behind in the polls following accusations by five women of sexual misconduct. Last month, three women initially came forward alleging Trump had groped them, two more have alleged misconduct since, including one accusation of attempted rape. A recent Reuters poll placed libertarian-minded Senator Rand Paul at 28% support, leading Trump, who received only 19%. Ben Carson placed close behind Trump at 17%, and Ted Cruz trailed with 9%.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:59:56 PM »

Paul Calls Out Trump
At the fourth Republican Party debate, frontrunner Rand Paul called out rival Donald Trump, calling him a hypocrite and doubting his conservative credentials. "This is a guy...who donated over $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation, donated to Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton...and he's now trying to become the Republican nominee for President?"

(Fast forward two months)

Paul Wins Iowa
Rand Paul has won the Iowa caucuses, CNN projects. He's taken approximately 31% of the vote, an unusually high showing in such a candidate-rich race. Ben Carson trails him, with 23%, and Ted Cruz and Donald Trump are far behind with 14% each. Marco Rubio has taken 8%, Jeb Bush 4%, and Rick Santorum, Carly Fiorina, and Mike Huckabee with less than 1% each.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 09:49:37 PM »

Paul Trounces in New Hampshire, Three Drop Out
Following abysmal showings in New Hampshire, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, and Chris Christie have dropped out of the race for President, leaving only John Kasich, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and frontrunner Rand Paul, who won 42% of the vote in last night's New Hampshire primary.

(Phone rings)
R: Who is this?
D: Donald Trump.
R: Why're you calling me?
D: I have a proposal to make.
R: Go ahead.
D: I noticed the results last night. You came in first, and I came in second.
R: Yes, and?
D: I was thinking, perhaps we could work as a team. Unite the party.
R: Are you offering to be my vice president?
D: No.
R: Then what?
D: I'm offering you the chance to be my vice president.
R: What? I'm ahead in every poll.
D: I'll catch up. I'll win, I always do.
D: Consider my offer. I might change my mind later. But we would win tremendously.
R: Don't expect anything, Donald.
(Hangs up)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 08:54:47 AM »

LOL Trump. I dislike Paul's policies but I like TLs where he wins. This is good so far!
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 10:45:05 PM »

This is going to be a sight to behold. Rand is nuts, but at least he's principled nuts.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 04:06:54 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
February 21, 2016 – Just ahead of the Nevada caucuses, Republican presidential candidates Rand Paul and Ben Carson have announced they are merging their campaigns, with Paul at the head of the ticket. It is extremely rare for a presidential candidate to pick their running mate this early in the campaign season. Paul, who is narrowly leading Donald Trump in the Nevada polls, hopes to gain some of Carson's former supporters; the neurosurgeon is currently polling at 10% in Nevada and 7% nationwide.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 04:34:31 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
February 21, 2016 – Just ahead of the Nevada caucuses, Republican presidential candidates Rand Paul and Ben Carson have announced they are merging their campaigns, with Paul at the head of the ticket. It is extremely rare for a presidential candidate to pick their running mate this early in the campaign season. Paul, who is narrowly leading Donald Trump in the Nevada polls, hopes to gain some of Carson's former supporters; the neurosurgeon is currently polling at 10% in Nevada and 7% nationwide.

What
This is a mistake
Rand pls
Pick someone normal
Rand pls
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »

BREAKING NEWS

What
This is a mistake
Rand pls
Pick someone normal
Rand pls
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 03:01:59 PM »

Super Tuesday went by like a breeze. Despite a minor upset by Donald Trump in the South Carolina primary, Rand Paul was poised to be nominated – after an embarrassing loss in his home state, Ted Cruz had dropped out and endorsed him; only Trump and Kasich were left.

Then came the rest of March. While Kasich won Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and then Ohio by less than half a percentage point, he was still far behind in the raw delegate count, and announced following a string of losses on March 23 that he was suspending his campaign.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies