Make an election map between you and the last two posters. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:28:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make an election map between you and the last two posters. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Make an election map between you and the last two posters.  (Read 18054 times)
538Electoral

« on: September 12, 2019, 04:34:04 AM »
« edited: September 12, 2019, 04:50:04 AM by 538Electoral »

Primaries

I won a close contest against FDB in the Republican primaries.

General

I win a comfortable victory over Politician in the general election. 335-203 thanks to my proximity to the Rust Belt. I campaigned in the west while Politician ignored the west due to his assumption that Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico were safely Democratic. I won in Nevada and Arizona and just barely lost in Colorado.

I targeted Virginia as a strategy against losing the Rust Belt and to show Atlas that Virginia is winnable for Republicans again. I pulled it off and also won in North Carolina, Georgia and Florida.

Politician targeted the Rust Belt. I held on to the Rust Belt thanks to me being from Ohio and running on Trump like platforms on the economy and taxes, I even took Minnesota with me and won Ohio by 15%.

I conceded New Hampshire and Maine at large thanks to Politician being from Massachusetts. ME-02 was much closer than in 2016 but I won ME-02 by 2%.

I won the national popular vote by almost 4%.

Results

538Electoral (R-OH) - 335 electoral votes, 50.7%
Politician (D-MA) - 203 electoral votes, 47.1%

538Electoral

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:00:07 AM »

Going to do a re-election election campaign for Grassr00ts in a rematch against tack50.

I run against Grassr00ts saying that he was willing to vote for Biden against Trump in 2020 as a reason not to support him again. This backfired though as Grassr00ts continued to do very well and won every state against me in the Republican primary.

In the general, It wasn't close. Grassr00ts ran a really solid campaign appealing to both Trumpists and moderate Republicans as well as independents. tack50 ran against him again hoping that voters would view him as another Trumpist that voters would get sick of. This didn't work out as Grassr00ts went on to win an electoral landslide and a solid popular vote victory. He pulled off a historic upset in his home state of Illinois, winning it by 2% and setting the stage for Illinois' future as a swing state. Grassr00ts flipped every state that went to Clinton by less than 10% in 2016 and lost Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey and Delaware by less than 5%. He also upset in Maine's 1st congressional district, winning it by less than 0.5%.

376-162

Popular vote:

Grassr00ts: 53%
tack50: 45%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies