Make an election map between you and the last two posters.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:16:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make an election map between you and the last two posters.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Make an election map between you and the last two posters.  (Read 17367 times)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2019, 09:29:15 AM »

538Electoral (R-OH)
Grassr00ts (R-IL)
FDB (R-CT)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »

Primary:

538Electoral wipes the floor as Grassroots constantly flip flops.

General:

538Electoral runs as a moderate Republican and easily defeats my hardcore progressive campaign. He upsets me in VA, taking it by less than 1% as he extensively campaigns there while I ignore it thinking it is safely Democratic.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2019, 03:25:32 AM »

ReaganClinton
Muaddib
Lakigigar

for Belgium

Didn't see this till now. Nice work!

Vlaamse Beweging

source: Wikipedia
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »

Primary

Politician loses the primary as I am able to run as the establishment Democrat candidate

General:

Muaddib gets crushed due to his far right views

S019/Tom Carper: 388 EV, 52.6%
Muaddib/Rob Portman: 150 EV, 46.8%
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2019, 10:20:32 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2019, 12:06:38 PM by Politician »

Primary:

S019's views alienate the vast majority of the party, allowing me to coast to an easy win.

General:

My #populist Purple heart campaign defeats Reaganete, who runs a campaign full of gaffes and is accused of far-right sympathy.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2019, 11:11:25 AM »

Primary:

S019's views alienate the vast majority of the party, allowing me to coast to an easy win.

General:

My #populist Purple heart campaign defeats Muaddib, who runs a campaign full of gaffes and is accused of far-right sympathy.

Interesting that that Reagente isn't in this scenario considering that He and S019 are the last 2 posters. So if anything Politican is likely the one who is going to loose due to gaffes Wink
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2019, 12:52:52 PM »

Lakigigar runs to my left and wins the primary comfortably, gaining Bernie Sanders' endorsement and receiving the majority of grassroots support.

Following Lakigigar's selection of Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate, ReaganClinton runs as a center-left independent and attracts the support of wealthy suburban Democrats. As no-one gains a majority, the election is thrown to the House, and Muaddib is elected president despite Lakigigar easily winning the popular vote. ReaganClinton becomes the most hated person in progressive circles.

Good prediction. I would certainly not campaign in Florida, North Carolina or Arizona, but choose states like West-Virginia instead.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »

Lol
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2020, 04:54:27 PM »

Republican nomination

Lakigigar (Moderatism, Populism, Protectionism)
Grassr00ts (Right wing populism, Paleoconservatism, Nationalism)
DeadPrez (Libertarianism, Economic liberalism, Social liberalism)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2020, 08:05:20 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 08:30:11 AM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

Republican Primary

Deadprez's more libertarian style campaign ends up as appealing to much (but not all) of the West and Deadprez also manages to win California in an upset as well as his home state of Texas; which keeps him in the race for a while. He also is competitive in the Northeast.

However overall Grassr00ts just crushes him, winning the South and the Midwest by huge margins.

General election

Grassr00ts: 49.9% PV; 311 Electoral Votes
Tack50: 49.0% PV; 227 Electoral Votes

The election ends up as a nailbiter. Grassr00ts has huge appeal in the midwest, easily flipping MN and holding easily PA, and especially MI and WI. His home state of Illinois is closer than in 2016 but I still carry it easily, albeit underwhelmingly.

This appeal allows benefits him in the Northeast, allowing him to flip ME and NH; with RI and DE being within single digits.

I get appeal among hispanics which allows me to flip AZ. Florida is surprisingly not that close and Grassr00ts holds it by around 3 points.

However he suffers a massive dropoff in Texas which ends up extremely close. In the end, Grassr00ts wins it by half a point; though it is not the tipping point state (that being NH for a 269-269 tie and FL for an actual win for me).
538Electoral

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2020, 09:00:07 AM »

Going to do a re-election election campaign for Grassr00ts in a rematch against tack50.

I run against Grassr00ts saying that he was willing to vote for Biden against Trump in 2020 as a reason not to support him again. This backfired though as Grassr00ts continued to do very well and won every state against me in the Republican primary.

In the general, It wasn't close. Grassr00ts ran a really solid campaign appealing to both Trumpists and moderate Republicans as well as independents. tack50 ran against him again hoping that voters would view him as another Trumpist that voters would get sick of. This didn't work out as Grassr00ts went on to win an electoral landslide and a solid popular vote victory. He pulled off a historic upset in his home state of Illinois, winning it by 2% and setting the stage for Illinois' future as a swing state. Grassr00ts flipped every state that went to Clinton by less than 10% in 2016 and lost Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey and Delaware by less than 5%. He also upset in Maine's 1st congressional district, winning it by less than 0.5%.

376-162

Popular vote:

Grassr00ts: 53%
tack50: 45%
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2020, 09:59:10 AM »

Democratic primary

Not sure who would win in this scenario.
Tack50 would be strong among Hispanics and more left-wing voters, I would be strong among more moderate, old, African-American.

General election:

Tack50 281
538Electoral 257

Me 289
538Electoral 249

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2020, 03:54:45 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2020, 04:33:43 PM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

It's 2024.  

On the heels of an eight-year Trump Presidency, the Democratic Party is confident that the streak of no party serving three consecutive terms in office will continue.  Progressives rub their hands together in anticipation.  THIS election, they say, will be the one where they finally get their foot in the door.  

But as the primary season kicks off, it becomes clear that there is still a major rift in the party between old-school moderates and new-wave progressives.  The primaries are marred with controversy and in-party fighting come to a head at the convention. After no clear victor emerges amongst the two leading candidates, a compromise in the form of PQG is chosen.  PQG was elected House member for TX-23 in 2022 as a Republican (by far the most liberal Republican in Congress), but was essentially forced from the party for her middling political stances, changing her party registration in mid-2023. The convention erupts into boos and jeers; several state delegations walk out.  

"This is bull****," one angry delegate from Minnesota says to reporters, "we don't need another Republican in the White House!  A vote for PQG is a vote for fascism."  

A journalist informs him that PQG has voted with the Democrats more than any other Republican in the House (54.5% of all votes).  

"I don't care," the delegate answers, "she's a DINO.  What a travesty."  

Meanwhile, 538Electoral follows in Trump's footsteps, appealing to his conservative base and standard Republicans.  He has no trouble during the primaries and easily wins the nomination.  

As the election nears, it becomes clear that PQG isn't finding acceptance from either Republicans or Democrats.  Liberal Democrats balk at her voting record -- she was a lifelong Republican, after all. And Republicans equally distrust her political agenda.  Polling consistently predicts that the Republicans will hold the White House for another four years.  

Election Night follows her dismal polling; the networks declare 538Electoral the next President of the United States shortly before 9:30pm (right around the same time that PQG calls to concede).  

Talk Elections-red bastion states of Washington, Oregon, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, and Rhode Island flip Atlas-blue...err...Talk Elections-blue.  There are even a few moments during the night when PQG's margin in California falls below 5.0% (though she ultimately hangs on to win by 7.2%).  It is not necessarily because the Republican turnout was extremely high or enthused, but rather because scores of Democrats stayed home, disgusted with the nomination.

Nevertheless, 538Electoral takes the stage to a thunderous crowd of his supporters and celebrates victory, while the Democrats settle in for another four years of a Trumpistic presidency.  

538Electoral (R-OH): 402
PQG (D-TX): 136

--

AndriyValeriovich is able to appeal to on-the-fence moderates and the remaining coalition of blue-dog Dems.  They end up swinging to him instead of PQG by a sizable margin.  

IOW: PQG spends too much campaign time trying to appeal to the Bible Belt, a region that isn't in love with her liberal Republicanism.  Her attempts to capitalize on crossover voters fails.  

"Just can't vote for her," said a reliably-Republican 73-year old Arizonan, "she's just too damn liberal for me.  I said during the primaries that if Tom Cotton didn't get the nomination, I'd vote for Andriy."

"I won't vote Republican," replied a 20-something grad student at UMass Amherst, "I can't.  I don't like either one of them.  But he's better than any Republican."  

She gets destroyed on Election Night and calls AV shortly before 11:00pm EST to graciously concede.  

The shock state of the night is Montana, going to AV by 0.23%.  And PQG only manages to win her home state of Texas by 1.02%, thanks primarily to an unexpected Republican surge of the Hispanic vote around Travis County.  

AndriyValeriovich (D-UKR): 378
PQG (R-TX): 160
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2020, 05:46:08 PM »

Primary:

Although Penn_Quaker_Girl does well in some of the early states, I run to her right and win overall.

General:

I actually didn't mean for it to come out this way, but Andriy and I tie 269-269 after he overperforms in the Rust Belt, while I do better in the Sun Belt

Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2020, 07:19:28 PM »

Republican Nomination

Sen. Dean Heller (National Conservatism, Economic Liberalism)
Grassr00ts (Right wing populism, Nationalism)
Penn_Quaker_Girl (Liberal Conservatism, Classic Liberalism)

Sen. Dean Heller is able to run a middle road campaign while facing attacks from both the left (PQG) and right (Me) wings of the party. PQG runs a moderate campaign and wins most of New England and northern urban areas. I run a populist campaign and win a decent chunk of the south and midwest, including the Iowa caucus, however I am damaged by my own rhetoric and am forced to drop out after losing my own state of Illinois. SDH is able to carry the east coast and sweep the west, allowing him to easily become the nominee.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2020, 08:11:09 PM »

Republican Nomination

Sen. Dean Heller is able to run a middle road campaign while facing attacks from both the left (PQG) and right (Me) wings of the party. PQG runs a moderate campaign and wins most of New England and northern urban areas. I run a populist campaign and win a decent chunk of the south and midwest, including the Iowa caucus, however I am damaged by my own rhetoric and am forced to drop out after losing my own state of Illinois. SDH is able to carry the east coast and sweep the west, allowing him to easily become the nominee.

Amn't I more right wing than you on both columns of the chart?

(skip)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2020, 10:08:49 PM »

Grassroots wins the nomination over Heller but I pull off one single victory in the primary with my home state
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2020, 09:34:34 PM »

Republican Nomination

(skip)

Economically, yes. Socially, no.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2020, 11:57:02 PM »

Republican Nomination

(skip)

Socially, you're +2.09, and I'm plus 1.57
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2020, 12:01:10 AM »

Republican Nomination

(skip)

A big part of that is foreign policy IIRC?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2020, 12:53:53 AM »

Republican Nomination

(skip)

A big part of that is foreign policy IIRC?

Yes. If you factor out foreign policy, I am probably much higher.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2020, 01:58:43 PM »

lfromnj wins the primary with relative ease

Lfromnj's promises to privatize social security among other things are unpopular, and I win with relatively ease
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2020, 05:47:24 AM »

S019 - 213
Grassr00ts - 167
T'Chenka - 158

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2020, 06:00:17 AM »

Easy.

I win the Democratic primary. By a lot. S019's version of an ITALIAN FUTURE with no drugs, sex, or alcohol doesn't play well outside the Northeast. T'Chenka manages to win some border states by bussing in illegal Canadian votes. But I play it smart and somehow win the party establishment support. It's just sliding to victory from there.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2020, 06:21:44 AM »

Easy.

I win the Democratic primary. By a lot. S019's version of an ITALIAN FUTURE with no drugs, sex, or alcohol doesn't play well outside the Northeast. T'Chenka manages to win some border states by bussing in illegal Canadian votes. But I play it smart and somehow win the party establishment support. It's just sliding to victory from there.
Jesus Christ, I forgot that those were his policies. If I re-did my map knowing that, I'd be POTUS.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies