FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:07:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit  (Read 47216 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2018, 05:07:35 AM »

Yeah, I was never too worried for Nelson.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2018, 08:03:30 AM »
« Edited: August 02, 2018, 08:06:35 AM by Zaybay »

pRick Scott is done

With the sheer number of anti-Nelson attack ads I've been seeing it's been making me nervous, but whenever I look at the polling it's dead even. That's with Scott taking all the shots he wants at Nelson while Nelson pretty much hasn't started his campaign yet. That's not a good sign for Scott.
I mean, TBH, this is what Scott does every time, and it always yields the same results. He spends way too much money, uses no charisma, rolls out negative ad after negative ad, and in the end, he only scrapes by due to environment. This is literally the same thing, except the environment will not save Scott.

But nooooooo, everyone focuses on the fact that Scott is ahead in terrible polling by 4 points!1!!1 Hes airing Spanish ads 6 months before the election, while Nelson isnt!1111!11 Nelson isnt campaigning like his life depends on it, he must be terrible at his job, hes stuck in the 1860s!!!!1111111111
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2018, 08:35:35 AM »

Man we are all getting wayyyyy ahead of ourselves in This thread
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2018, 09:27:44 AM »

Man we are all getting wayyyyy ahead of ourselves in This thread
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2018, 09:30:30 AM »

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »

Classic Atlas.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2018, 11:12:07 AM »

*Scott spends more money than Nelson* -> Atlas reacts: OMG! Nelson is finished! More likely pick-up than Indiana!

*Nelson announces an ad buy in the last two months* -> Atlas reacts: I knew Nelson couldn´t possibly lose! Safe D!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2018, 12:36:53 PM »

*Scott spends more money than Nelson* -> Atlas reacts: OMG! Nelson is finished! More likely pick-up than Indiana!

*Nelson announces an ad buy in the last two months* -> Atlas reacts: I knew Nelson couldn´t possibly lose! Safe D!
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2018, 01:16:15 PM »

This thread is peak Atlas
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2018, 03:28:37 PM »

Look at my earlier posts in this thread. I consistently said that I couldn't see Nelson losing.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »

Reading this thread and all the reactions from the Democrats, you’d think Nelson has already won and Scott is destined to lose Katherine Harris-style. No one is denying that Nelson is very likely to win in a massive D wave (perhaps even by 5 points or something like that), but dismissing or ignoring all the polling and indicators suggesting that this is likely to be a close race just because FL is a R+2 state and Nelson always won his previous races in landslides or whatever is as foolish of Democrats here as it is of Republicans in TN. The VA-GOV 2017 comparisons are beyond absurd, polling has never been as bad in FL as it has been in VA and the demographics of the two states are VERY different.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2018, 04:03:24 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2018, 07:23:56 PM »

This race will remain a tossup. It's not any more complicated than that. Hopefully we'll at least see Nelson up in more polls though.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2018, 08:04:47 PM »

SCHUYKILL SCOTT
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »

We’ll find out soon enough, I guess. Nelson has been in office for decades, and I think Scott's $$$ more than make up for any "lack of youth" or whatever, but who knows. Like I said, Nelson could certainly win, but I’m definitely not buying that this will be a VA-GOV 2017 redux with Democrats winning by 9, FL is nowhere near as Democratic as VA and Scott is a stronger candidate than Gillespie.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »

We’ll find out soon enough, I guess. Nelson has been in office for decades, and I think Scott's $$$ more than make up for any "lack of youth" or whatever, but who knows. Like I said, Nelson could certainly win, but I’m definitely not buying that this will be a VA-GOV 2017 redux with Democrats winning by 9, FL is nowhere near as Democratic as VA and Scott is a stronger candidate than Gillespie.

Well Nelson winning by 9 was never the point I meant to get across lol. More that the polls would be too R skewed and I wouldn’t be surprised if Nelson wins by a larger than expected margin like Northam did.

Sure, it’s possible, but wouldn’t that mean that polls are likely R-skewed in ND and IN as well?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2018, 03:14:46 AM »

Reading this thread and all the reactions from the Democrats, you’d think Nelson has already won and Scott is destined to lose Katherine Harris-style. No one is denying that Nelson is very likely to win in a massive D wave (perhaps even by 5 points or something like that), but dismissing or ignoring all the polling and indicators suggesting that this is likely to be a close race just because FL is a R+2 state and Nelson always won his previous races in landslides or whatever is as foolish of Democrats here as it is of Republicans in TN. The VA-GOV 2017 comparisons are beyond absurd, polling has never been as bad in FL as it has been in VA and the demographics of the two states are VERY different.

The VA comparisons are more due to pundits overreacting to things that won't actually matter in the end (Nelson doesn't speak Spanish! Scott is leading in a few July polls!)

I mean, maybe I'm wrong and we'll look back at this summer as the time when Scott put Nelson away, but something tells me that if Scott does end up winning, the story of the night will be how Republicans exceeded expectations across the board, not that Scott is an unbeatable titan or Nelson is a horrible candidate. Which was actually the same story his wins in 2010 and 2014 signified.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2018, 08:02:45 AM »

Rick Scott is being hammered right now on local media because of the algae blooms that are happening across Florida which are largely the result of lax regulations on fertilizers for the sugar industry among other things.

This is definitely a local issue but I could see it hurting Scott. Here are a few headlines:

Red tide and green water? Florida beaches have a problem, and its name is Rick Scott
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/fabiola-santiago/article215944365.html

Commentary: Florida's great green algae disaster — we asked for it ... us and Rick Scott
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-florida-environment-algae-mess-rick-scott-maxwell-20180726-story.html

Toxic algae blooms on Gov. Rick Scott's shoulders, Florida Democratic leaders say
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/local/indian-river-lagoon/health/2018/07/06/gov-rick-scott-blame-current-algae-blooms-democrats-sau/762580002/
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »

I've seen commercials hitting Rick Scott on the algae blooms and I'm in the Miami TV market so definitely becoming less localized.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2018, 08:26:57 AM »

I've seen commercials hitting Rick Scott on the algae blooms and I'm in the Miami TV market so definitely becoming less localized.
Yeah, I've been seeing those too. There have been absolutely no campaign ads at all in the Tallahassee market. I just got down to Boynton and am seeing campaign ads every three minutes.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2018, 09:01:31 AM »

Yeah, I've been seeing those too. There have been absolutely no campaign ads at all in the Tallahassee market. I just got down to Boynton and am seeing campaign ads every three minutes.

The constant political ads make me miss living in an uncompetitive state. I cant imagine how bad it'll get in a presidential election.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2018, 09:06:51 PM »

I'm voting for Nelson.  I'll never vote for Rick Scott for anything.

That being said, Scott has gotten his approval rating well above water, and it's interesting to see how hie did that.  He did it by focusing on the issue of jobs for people, and for appearing like a leader in a crisis during the hurricanes.  If those hurricanes had happened in Scott's first term, his re-election would have been much easier.

All that has to be balanced against taking the Fifth Amendment seventy five times in a deposition.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2018, 08:08:34 PM »

For another ridiculous Scott ad I saw he is now accusing Nelson of "steaing from Medicare". I LOL'd.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2018, 03:11:59 AM »

I mean he aint look or live like 30 anymore, sure, but there has been plenty of evidence to refute the claims by some posters here that Nelson is senile and looks terrible:

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/2017/09/22/on-the-run-with-sen-bill-nelson-no-signs-of-slowing-down/

If reelected, I am fairly sure Nelson is capable of serving out another 6 years in good shape and standing.

Anyways, Scott is younger but he is a senior citizen too.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2018, 03:18:55 AM »

Oh, and Nelson also finally made a Spanish translation of his website.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies