OH-Survey USA: DeWine leads Cordray and Kucinich in the GE, Dem primary TIED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:34:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OH-Survey USA: DeWine leads Cordray and Kucinich in the GE, Dem primary TIED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Survey USA: DeWine leads Cordray and Kucinich in the GE, Dem primary TIED  (Read 5129 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: April 05, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »

So Atlas really hates Kucinich that much, even as he continues in having leftist positions that they agree with on paper, just for the crime of not being just another Richard Fowler or Juan Williams and daring to sometimes defend Drumpf when he goes on Fox once every other month?

Kucinich is a total loony toon. You need to be more than just an activist who looks funny to be a Governor, something regressives (e.g BernieBro) don't realize. You need to be actually competent. I'm pretty sure BernieBro is just astroturfing though - he's endorsing every candidate that would do the worst in the general election, at least in Maryland and Ohio anyways.

I'd vote Kucinich over DeWine probably, but Cordray is far better (and endorsed by Elizabeth Warren! you know, the person progressives jerk off over). Also, it looks like he won't be governor anyways, seeing as he's doing far worse than Cordray in a GE.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 10:29:20 AM »

Does Cordray support Single payer? No. Does he support free college? No. So I don't care if he endorsed by Elizabeth Warren, Im not supporting him in the primary. And also, as far as "electability" is concerned, Cordray is NOT polling much better then kucinich. He's at 39-47 DeWine, Kucinich is 38-51 DeWine. And Kucinich's a much better fit for northeast Ohio then Cordray. He's  more awkward and anti-establishment and could win a lot of Obama-trump voters. Cordray might be a better fit for Hamilton but Hillary won Hamilton and still lost anyway.

Single payer doesn't matter for a governor election (because single payer will obviously not be done on a state level, at least not in Ohio).

Also losing by 8 is better than losing by 13, but I guess math isn't really your forte given you think taxing the top 1% and cutting military spending is enough to even pay for our current social programs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies