Private Bone Spurs "bans" transgender troops from the military again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 07:39:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Private Bone Spurs "bans" transgender troops from the military again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Private Bone Spurs "bans" transgender troops from the military again  (Read 2752 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 03:30:51 PM »

What happens if Donald Trump keeps on signing the same exact executive order every time it gets struck down by the courts?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2018, 04:02:33 PM »

Trying to change the subject since his base is pissed about his budget.

This, but the ban makes sense. The military provides free medical care for everyone, and for that reason, they are very selective about who they let in. There are a lot of things that don't necessarily inhibit ones ability to be an effective soldier but require expensive medical treatment which disqualify people from service. This isn't bigotry, it's consistency.

How much do you think transgender therapy costs?

Probably more than chronic gingivitis, which is also a disqualifier. Look, I'm not trying to argue, I'm just making the point that the military doesn't admit people with chronic medical conditions.

Who says that all transgender individuals need or want an "expensive medical treatment" with their choice in living?
And your preference of words to describe it as a "chronic medical condition" ..... really? (And yet you don't want us to see any "bigotry" in your posts.)
Well he didn't ban everyone who considers themselves transgender. The memo states "individuals who the policies state may require substantial medical treatment, including medications and surgery — are disqualified from military service." So no, it's not about bigotry, it's no different than the military not accepting anyone else who will need medical treatment unrelated to their service.

In addition to the cost of treatment, there's the issue of the fighting readiness of such troops in forward areas where their needed medical treatment isn't available.  The battle-readiness of a transgender Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Airman is a legitimate question when that person is stationed in a forward area where their meds are suddenly unavailable.  What happens then?  What happens to the serviceperson who's stuck in, say, Kandahar Province and events cause this person to not receive meds that they NEED? 

I don't have a problem with the cost of the therapies and meds for these folks being separated from the service.  If they received lifetime medical care from the VA for their transgender issues at taxpayer expense, I wouldn't have a problem; their discharge isn't their fault.  But if someone has a condition which will cause them to be dysfunctional without their meds or therapies under combat conditions where meds are not guaranteed to be available, then that person isn't the sort of person that is combat-capable, and ALL enlisted military personnel need to be combat capable.  There is a world of difference between being active military and a civilian employee of the DoD.

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2018, 06:12:12 PM »

Trying to change the subject since his base is pissed about his budget.

This, but the ban makes sense. The military provides free medical care for everyone, and for that reason, they are very selective about who they let in. There are a lot of things that don't necessarily inhibit ones ability to be an effective soldier but require expensive medical treatment which disqualify people from service. This isn't bigotry, it's consistency.

How much do you think transgender therapy costs?

Probably more than chronic gingivitis, which is also a disqualifier. Look, I'm not trying to argue, I'm just making the point that the military doesn't admit people with chronic medical conditions.

They have no problem creating many different chronic medical conditions, including PTSD and not giving a crap if they're cared for after they leave.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »

This is probably Donald Drumpf's way of making amendments to the Evangelical Right for having sex with Stormy Daniels.

I don't think they care at all. He's their guy and it doesn't matter how much he exposes them as dangerous hypocrites.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2018, 07:14:53 PM »

ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL!!! And that is coming from me folks!!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies