Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 07:32:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36
Author Topic: Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor  (Read 77039 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: September 10, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »

I think it will be closer to sixty or slightly over. I have a very hard time seeing Nixon break 40

I don't. I can't Imagine any Sanders voters going to Cuomo, and this is a really good year for Sanders Democrats. 57% might be generous, but I'm sticking with it.

Sanders voters aren’t necessarily Nixon voters though. She’ll win the majority of them most
likely, but far from all of them.
Duke of York

« Reply #601 on: September 10, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »

Perhaps he didn't think like many others that replacing a two term governor with a actress who has no clear plan or any understanding of how government works is a good idea.
Or, more likely, he knows shes not going to win, so why give an endorsement to a losing candidate.

I think it will be closer to sixty or slightly over. I have a very hard time seeing Nixon break 40

I don't. I can't Imagine any Sanders voters going to Cuomo, and this is a really good year for Sanders Democrats. 57% might be generous, but I'm sticking with it.

Not in statewide elections.  The final poll has Cuomo at 63 percent. I can't see the margin being that different. Polling has been largely on the dot for statewide elections thus far.

Elections are different than primaries, and in that case, the opposite is true, they have been rather off, but they still call the correct winner.
give an example where they were off
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #602 on: September 10, 2018, 03:06:48 PM »

I think Cuomo will win 68-32%.
Duke of York

« Reply #603 on: September 10, 2018, 03:08:09 PM »

I think Cuomo will win 68-32%.
I dont think it will be quite that high but based on the final poll i predict Cuomo 65-35
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #604 on: September 10, 2018, 03:08:22 PM »

Perhaps he didn't think like many others that replacing a two term governor with a actress who has no clear plan or any understanding of how government works is a good idea.
Or, more likely, he knows shes not going to win, so why give an endorsement to a losing candidate.

Not in statewide elections.  The final poll has Cuomo at 63 percent. I can't see the margin being that different. Polling has been largely on the dot for statewide elections thus far.

Elections are different than primaries, and in that case, the opposite is true, they have been rather off, but they still call the correct winner.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/Florida_(August_23_2018)_v3.pdf
Duke of York

« Reply #605 on: September 10, 2018, 03:10:15 PM »

Most polls had Gillum in the margin of error by primary day.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #606 on: September 10, 2018, 03:10:51 PM »

MN-GOP, MN-DEM, FL-DEM,MA-GOP,CA, CT-GOP, just to name some off the top of my head where the margins was off by a longshot or the underdog won.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #607 on: September 10, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »

No they didnt, thats a straight up falsehood.

Graham was ahead in all of the polls, by high singles and double digits, except for two polls. A surveyUSA poll that tied her with Levine, and Gillum's internal.
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #608 on: September 10, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »

MN-GOP, MN-DEM, FL-DEM,MA-GOP,CA, CT-GOP, just to name some off the top of my head where the margins was off by a longshot or the underdog won.

I love how I thought of Florida before my own races lol
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #609 on: September 10, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #610 on: September 10, 2018, 03:27:56 PM »

the only polls that captured Gillum breaking out of the teens — or really showing any positive motion — were the final St. Pete poll (Florida's only decent pollster) and his own internal.

& yeah, very disappointing move by Bernie. no idea why he expects anything he does to curry any favor with andrew fking cuomo, or what he expects to gain from this.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #611 on: September 10, 2018, 03:31:49 PM »

the only polls that captured Gillum breaking out of the teens — or really showing any positive motion — were the final St. Pete poll (Florida's only decent pollster) and his own internal.

& yeah, very disappointing move by Bernie. no idea why he expects anything he does to curry any favor with andrew fking cuomo, or what he expects to gain from this.

Because hes going to run in 2020 and he wants to win NY in the primary so hes not going to double cross Cuomo
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #612 on: September 10, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »

Has Bernie Sanders actually ever endorsed a primary challenge against an incumbent?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: September 10, 2018, 03:36:02 PM »

Has Bernie Sanders actually ever endorsed a primary challenge against an incumbent?
one, Newman against Lipinski. Sanders has only endorsed in open primaries, which actually makes sense, why obtain bad favor with fellow Dems? And why be labeled as someone driving a wedge in the D party?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #614 on: September 10, 2018, 03:43:50 PM »

Because hes going to run in 2020 and he wants to win NY in the primary so hes not going to double cross Cuomo

you are placing a remarkable amount of faith in andrew cuomo's sense of fairness
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #615 on: September 10, 2018, 04:20:37 PM »

you are placing a remarkable amount of faith in andrew cuomo's sense of fairness

oh I'm not but. NY is a corrupt establishment machine state through and through and if Sanders is going to run again...you just cant cross Cuomo.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #616 on: September 10, 2018, 11:38:20 PM »

Guys forgot everything I've said here, #teamcuomo now

That bagel is an insult to god.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #617 on: September 10, 2018, 11:42:31 PM »

I just looked up what lox is.

WHO THE F[INKS] EATS THAT ON A BAGEL?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #618 on: September 10, 2018, 11:48:04 PM »

Sorry for my silly question, but why does Nixon want to run for governor anyway? Is it supposed a statement against Cuomo's public policy anyway?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #619 on: September 10, 2018, 11:53:48 PM »

I just looked up what lox is.

WHO THE F[INKS] EATS THAT ON A BAGEL?
It's quite popular among Jewish communities.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #620 on: September 10, 2018, 11:55:43 PM »

Lox or smoked salmon is delicious on a plain bagel with cream cheese.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #621 on: September 11, 2018, 12:08:59 AM »

Agreed. I'm not a fan of capers, but I can see why some people would like them.

It's the cinnamon raisin part that's absolutely throwing me for a loop.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #622 on: September 11, 2018, 12:30:23 AM »

Lox on a cinnamon raisin bagel is cultural appropriation and I'm offended. /s

But seriously, dont ruin good lox with a flavored bagel. A plain bagel or a bagel with a plain base(onion, sesame, garlic...etc)work best.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #623 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:29 AM »

Agreed. I'm not a fan of capers, but I can see why some people would like them.

It's the cinnamon raisin part that's absolutely throwing me for a loop.
Capers are great on a bagel, esp with onion, cream cheese, and lox. Tomato is a  bit extra, but the cinnamon raisin is insane - cin-raisin is barely acceptable on its own, but with lox, it's just awful.

budgie - garlic? that's crazy dude.... poppy seed all the way
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #624 on: September 11, 2018, 12:47:22 AM »

This is crazier than Kerry's swiss cheesesteak
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length