AZ-08: April 24 general election (Update: Lesko-R wins by 4.72 points)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:22:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-08: April 24 general election (Update: Lesko-R wins by 4.72 points)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 94

Author Topic: AZ-08: April 24 general election (Update: Lesko-R wins by 4.72 points)  (Read 49895 times)
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2018, 02:20:10 PM »

I'm still not buying this.  PA-18 was a more D-favorable environment, and Lamb just barely eked out a win there after a great campaign.  I can see it getting into single digits, but it's difficult to see a D victory in this district.

Yep, I'll have to see it to believe it. Dems getting within single digits would be more than respectable for such an old Republican district, but winning seems too far fetched.

If this thing ends up close, or especially if Tipirneni pulls off an upset win, then Schweikert has to be vulnerable next door in the 6th, right?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2018, 03:35:15 PM »

Not to rain on people's parade but it's an internal poll from the dem candidate. Take it with a grain of salt
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2018, 03:37:55 PM »

Not to rain on people's parade but it's an internal poll from the dem candidate. Take it with a grain of salt
I'm still not buying this.  PA-18 was a more D-favorable environment, and Lamb just barely eked out a win there after a great campaign.  I can see it getting into single digits, but it's difficult to see a D victory in this district.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2018, 04:24:35 PM »

In fairness, this same pollster had a poll in March showing her down 14.
ExSky

« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2018, 06:49:56 PM »

The last time a democrat ran in this district, they lost by 30 points. I’d be shaking in my boots come November if I was a republican. I keep thinking the point shift might start becoming less drastic in favor of Dema, but it’s just getting more favorable for them
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2018, 09:07:22 PM »

I think Lesko wins 54-45.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2018, 09:37:00 PM »

That's about where I am too.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »

Hiral has run a good campaign that she should be very proud of, but the district is just too red. Had this been in AZ 6th, it would be an entirely different story.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2018, 10:22:53 PM »

Yes, it's a Republican district but let's wait until we see what happens next Tuesday before we start writing the postmortem.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2018, 10:31:21 PM »

Yes, it's a Republican district but let's wait until we see what happens next Tuesday before we start writing the postmortem.

That's quite an understatement. Tongue
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2018, 01:36:50 AM »

I still don't buy this, but think there is a great chance the election ends up in single digits. If the GOP in fact manages to lose this, November will be a reversed 2010.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2018, 02:00:53 AM »

In the Emerson poll, Trent Franks has a 24% approval rating and Trump’s own approval rating is only 44%

Tipirneni is very popular in the district, 49/29 favourability. Lesko’s favourability is only 43/45. Immigration, education, and healthcare are all about 1/3 in terms of importance to voters, and Democrats are winning on education and healthcare by strong margins. Tipirneni is a star candidate, it’s too bad national Democrats couldn’t see that until this late into the race.

I just can't with polling. There is no one universe where this poll and the Post/ABC poll are both accurate.

The district is special though. The resigning incumbent is very unpopular and had a weird sex scandal, the Republican candidate is tied to the incumbent and has her own issues with regards to education and her own election finance fraud scandal, while Democrats are running a strong candidate with strong cross-over appeal to Republicans. She’s been running as a moderate, common sense candidate, focusing on social security, healthcare, and education.

Yeah but how do you explain Trump at 44% approval in a district he won by 21? His approval is 40% nationally

Without looking at the cross tabs, I assume this polls likely voters? If so, there's your answer. The enthusiasm Gap has been tangible and enormous this year. Among the Alabama Electric that came out and defeated Roy Moore Trump was barely chin above water in terms of popularity. Is he truly that low overall in Alabama? No. But in terms of people motivated to turn out in an off-year special election, yeah, a decidedly Democratic lean is not just possible, but probable.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2018, 02:33:03 AM »

Perhaps one of the most interesting things about this district, is that not only is it a heavily Registered Republican district, but additionally a heavily Registered Independent district (Just narrowly on the coattails of the 'Pubs when it comes to RV), AND Dem's place a distant 3rd in terms of Party REG.

Problem for the Dems in this CD, as I believe I posted a few weeks back is that "I wouldn't automatically assume that Independents in this district vote heavily Democrat".

Now, the most curious thing for me is that now we have multiple polls showing extreme Party REG cross-over vote, which initially I had discounted the first time around as an "outlier" and Party REG sub-sample MOEs swing within a CD Special Election....

All of this conducive to much larger swings on the sub-samples than might stand up to a rigorous statistical analysis and would likely fall under the 95% Confidence Interval, and even those about that would have might large MOE numbers to attempt to discern the difference between a +0% Race vs a +10% R WIN.

My initial assumptions regarding a potential DEM win in CD-08 have used the only real template available where the DEMs ever came close to flipping this CD, which was the 2016 County Sheriff Race.

Note that in the '16 Maricopa County Sheriff's race within the precincts of CD-08, Sheriff Joe won heavily on the basis of heavily Senior Citizen precincts in places like Sun Valley West, Sun Valley, Pebble Creek, Citrus Village, etc....

However, the key theme of the '16 Maricopa County Sheriff's race inherently involved two major issues:

A. Immigration:

1.) Hard-line and excessively Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric that seemed to have alienated many of the traditionally Upper and Middle Class Anglos with in the district among Middle Aged Anglos.

2.) Heavily Senior Precincts in CD-08 appear to have still heavily supported the Sheriff, despite larger swings than usual in Upper/Middle-Class Anglo Precincts against the Sheriff that tend to be more Middle-Aged Anglos.

B. Corruption

This was likely the Achilles Heel of "Sheriff Joe"....

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-long-lawless-ride-of-sheriff-joe-arpaio-20120802

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/criminal-enterprise-a-culture-of-corruption-pervades-joe-arpaios-office-affecting-everyone-in-maricopa-county-7383399

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/30/was-former-arizona-sheriff-joe-arpaios-criminal-conviction-an-obama-political-witch-hunt/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.52179716daab

C.)

1.) "Immigration" related issues tended to outweigh "Corruption" issues in heavily Anglo Senior precincts within CD-08.

2.) "Corruption" related issues tended to much more heavily outweigh "immigration" issues in many of the Upper Middle-Class Middle-Aged Anglo precincts within CD-08, as well as potentially being a major factor in those precincts with a higher % of Latino and Younger Voters.

D.) I'm really starting to wonder to what extent we are seeing "Health Care" emerge as a proxy for Anglo Seniors, "Education" emerge as a proxy for Upper Middle-Class Anglos.

E.) Still not sold on the concept that this a Toss-Up election, but obviously a mixture of swings among the Anglo Senior Pop towards the Dem Candidate (Compared to Sheriff Joe '16 numbers), and then maybe some small swing backs towards the "Mod 'Pub" Cd-08 Candidate might explain some of these weird Party swing numbers....

F.) Indies are KEY in this CD and regardless of their overall Final Voter Turnout Numbers, obviously there is HUGE variance when you run from a 55-45 D, to a 60-40 D, to even potentially a 65-35 D.

Will there voter turnout share rise significantly come next Tuesday?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2018, 02:49:10 AM »

Slightly Off-Topic, but why did this thread view count shoot up + 2k views within the past 3-4 days?

Never really seen that kind of a % jump that quickly on Atlas, and could be Atlas Posters constantly refreshing, external viewers checking in on what we are all talking about, or hell knows even the FSB and Putin checkin' in on what we're all talking about.... Wink

Anyways.... carry on keep calm, but extremely interesting to see all of this outside attention on just the past couple days since a few new polls came out on CD-08..... Smiley
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »

Slightly Off-Topic, but why did this thread view count shoot up + 2k views within the past 3-4 days?

Never really seen that kind of a % jump that quickly on Atlas, and could be Atlas Posters constantly refreshing, external viewers checking in on what we are all talking about, or hell knows even the FSB and Putin checkin' in on what we're all talking about.... Wink

Anyways.... carry on keep calm, but extremely interesting to see all of this outside attention on just the past couple days since a few new polls came out on CD-08..... Smiley

I assume people thought of this race as very safe R, but over the past few days as early voters have come trickling in and new polls having been surfaced interest really increased plus the media has been hyping it up lately as well.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2018, 11:29:01 AM »

I assume people thought of this race as very safe R, but over the past few days as early voters have come trickling in and new polls having been surfaced interest really increased plus the media has been hyping it up lately as well.

oh lordie... not the media. I swear if this race suddenly becomes a "tossup" in the media's eyes and they declare the blue wave dead when Lesko wins by over 5....
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »

oh lordie... not the media. I swear if this race suddenly becomes a "tossup" in the media's eyes and they declare the blue wave dead when Lesko wins by over 5....

Lol. I’ve already seen article titles about the GOP scrambling to defend AZ-08 and stuff similar to it.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »

There are around 150 Republican-held seats that are less Republican than this district; i.e., if the Democrats actually won all of them, the Republicans would be reduced to less than 100 seats in the House of Representatives, which as far as I can tell has only happened once to either party (to the Republicans in 1936) since the number of seats was fixed at 435.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »

Lol. I’ve already seen article titles about the GOP scrambling to defend AZ-08 and stuff similar to it.

Watch Lesko win by 8 and the media act like Republicans are getting their sh**t together

It's inevitable and Trump will break a back when he tries to gratify himself over it.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2018, 01:46:48 AM »

So we have some new EV Turnout numbers by Party Registration and PEVL Votes (Those voters pre-approved) to Vote-by-Mail) that includes data from Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, that was just updated today on the election website.

We're now up to ~ 144k Total Votes, or roughly 1/3 of the Registered Voters within CD-08.

The AZ Data Guru has been a bit over the map on turnout models, but currently has it at around 50% of the final total votes (280k Total Turnout), but posted a graph today as to why the uncertainty in total estimated voter turnout numbers.....

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer

If we look at the PEVL voters, already 45% of those that received Mail-in Ballots have them returned and "in the bank"!!!

Roughly 70% of Registered Voters have Mail-in-Ballots and 30% can only vote same-day, hence my multiple previous statements on this thread that we should have a much clearer idea of the potential partisan composition of the electorate by Election Eve Monday.

Now, the key thing to note here is that thus far, both Registered Democratic and Republicans appear to have already delivered 50% of their respective mail-in-base to the polls, whereas Indies are lagging at 37%.....

Another way of looking at it is that Dems basically have 34k Mail-In-Ballots outstanding, Pubs 72k, and Indies 65k!!!!

Obviously Dems should hope that these Indy Ballots start surging towards the endgame, and aggressively target various precincts and locations with last minute GOTV efforts in places where that would likely net a favorable outcome, since in a straight up DEM-REP fistfight in CD-08 with weak Indy voting, the math becomes increasingly problematic.

Time to look at EV voting numbers to date by LD...

So here we have perhaps a better sense of the changes within the state of the election a week after we started to get our first surge of early ballots....

The key item that I look at are the changing overall Vote Share between LD-20 and LD-22 precincts located within CD-08....

LD-22 generally accounts for the Largest chunk of CD-08 Voters (35% in '16 and 37% in the off-year '14 election).

It not only the largest LD within CD-08 by Vote Share, but also the 2nd most Republican District.....

LD-22 Vote shares within CD-08 have dropped from 42% to 40% between 4/5 and 4/17 posting numbers....

This is likely because of the early "vote banking" from overwhelmingly Republican Sun City West (Elderly overwhelmingly Anglo Upper Middle Class retirees marketed to SoCal Seniors thinking of making a move to Phoenix....)

The fact that these shares continue to drop is obviously an extremely positive sign for the Democratic Contender, considering that unless something completely bizarre happens like a +10 D win, THIS will be the CD-08 'Pub Firewall to protect against major Indy swings elsewhere...

This is why I monitor by LD as a Macro Level overview in the fast moving data flow of VbM elections....

We are now seeing LD-20 starting to getting closer to catching up with their 9% Vote Shares in the '16 and '14 GEs....

This is significant, since as I mentioned previously, this is a place where DEMs need HUGE % margins and Turnout to make this election close.

Meanwhile, what I consider the likely decided factor is LD-21 (26-28% of LD-08), hence my previous "How Will it Play in Peoria" references, that in many ways is this is really the closest thing to a "Swing District" within LD-08....

Current EV numbers are actually closely tracking historical patterns as a total district vote share.....

Trump only received 54% of the PRES vote here in '16, and Sheriff Joe only received 50.3% of the Vote in '16....  AND Flake only captured 52% of the Vote in '12.....

Although we don't have much in the way of objective modeling when it comes to D-R-I historical results, THIS is the LD that will likely provide the make-break for either the DEM or PUB in CD-08....

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2018, 12:30:20 AM »

Media attention is starting to heat up within the past 24 Hours from various publications with a wider political reach...

The Economist:

https://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2018/04/mind-gap

Roll Call:

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/arizonas-special-election-heads-into-home-stretch

Open Secrets:

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2018/04/dark-money-group-backs-lesko-in-arizona-08-special/

NYMAG

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/new-az-poll-shows-another-special-election-upset-is-possible.html

Vox:

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/16/17176258/arizona-special-election-trent-franks-hiral-lesko

So, although much of the information on these articles are likely familiar to many of y'all regular Atlas Posters, it still provides some basic information, context, and "media framing and narratives" for both veteran posters, recent registered Atlas posters, "lurkers" in my perspective being people that view Atlas in "Free Mode" without creating an account, and for anyone that interested in studying the intersections of "Politics and the Media".

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2018, 12:05:34 AM »

Slow election EV updates from AZ CD-08 since my last update, so time to take a brief survey over this long Election Eve Weekend of what I consider to be the key Arizona Legislative District to watch for a potential marginal Dem win, OR a moderately comfortable Pub win....

AZ-CD-08 LD 21 District....

If Tipirneni (D) will win this district Tuesday Night OR in November '18 it will likely come down to this part of the Congressional District, as I have posted previously elsewhere within the thread...

Here is the overall voting history of this LD over the past few election cycles and Party Registration, Early Voting Turnout data from 2018...

Let's look at a brief overview of this AZ Legislative district which contains roughly 27-28% of the TOTAL vote within CD-08 in a General Election Year.... Turnout is currently holding steady, but if we are going to see a late break for Dems, it will likely happen here, considering the extremely high proportion of Registered Indies, AND Trump only bagged 54% of the PRES vote in '16, and Sheriff Joe won by less than an inch of my beard hair in '16.

What are the Social-Demographic Stats for LD-21?

Race/Ethnicity:      Anglo (65.6%), Latino (25.0%), Black (4.2%), Asian (2.0%)

*** Now if we look at the Latino population of the district by age, we see roughly 36-40% of the population aged 0-17 Latino, somewhere in the high 20% range of those 18-35, and numbers start dropping significantly once we move into the 36-54 Yr Range, and 55+ Range ****

Needless to say, but I'll do it anyways, is that even with the VAP numbers, the Latino share of the Registered Voters is significantly lower than Census Data might suggest,

MHI: $ 47.5k /Yr

Ok--- some of this extremely low median household income is because of the large Senior Population, and some of it likely because there are a ton of Working-Class Voters living in the Suburbs and Exurbs of Metro Phoenix either commuting for work elsewhere, or working lower paying service sector jobs, but either way we'll set the MHI question aside for now until we start going more granular by places/precincts ....

Educational Attainment:

4+ Yr College Degree (20%), Less than High School (12.5%), High School Diploma (29.8%), Some College (28.5%), Associates (9.1%).

Needless to say the educational attainment rate in this district is significantly lower than in many other parts of the Country. Much of this is likely explained by the high Senior Retiree Population of a Generation and Age, where you didn't really need more than a HS Diploma to get a decent paying job in SoCal, and some explained by the Mexican-American Latino population in the district historically based around the City of El Mirage, which was a major destination center for Mexican-American workers to the US during WW II under the Bracero Program....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracero_program

Occupations:

The workforce here is a highly represented by working-class / Lower Middle-Class occupational sectors, despite the fact that relatively Upper-Middle Class retirees represent an extremely disproportionate share of the electorate....

Before we start digging too far into the weeds here on April 20th, here's a precinct Map of LD-21 that carves out the respective population centers within the district, since I'm going to go a bit more Macro rather than Micro (Unlike my previous postings for smaller AZ CD-08 LDs), since we have (42) precincts here....

A.) Relative Vote Share by Place within LD-21

So, what this tells us that in a "typical" Midterm election (2014) in LD-21 the relative share of the vote surges from Sun City and drops heavily elsewhere, especially in Surprise and El Mirage, and to some extent Peoria as well.

Currently voter turnout models suggest this special election might be higher than in the AZ '14 GE, although much lower than the 2016 General Election, but this data at least gives us a reference point to look at as we mine the last bits of data available, and start watching election returns Tuesday Evening....

Ok--- here is a Vote Breakdown by Place within CD-21 from '12 to '16 for various elections of note:

So what does this all mean within the context of the AZ-CD 08 Special Election?

The basic math appears to suggest that the DEM candidate should be shooting to keep Pub margins down to ~ +10% in Sun City, exceed Maricopa County Sheriff numbers in Peoria, and tie or narrowly win Surprise, not to mention having impressive Turnout and Margins in traditionally low-voting Off-Year elections El Mirage....

Tall order, but mathematically feasible without a huge stretch....

Here's the current (As of Wednesday reported numbers from Maricopa County):

We see the typical pattern of Sun City leading heavily with Early Voting (65% of Total RV have already case ballots), Peoria floating somewhere around the 40% of RV range, Surprise sitting more around 35%, and El Mirage lagging at somewhere in the in the Mid to high 20% range....

As I have stated previously on the thread, Republicans in Arizona tend to vote early (and often Wink )and Election Day voters tend to have a much higher proportion of Democratic leaning voters....'

Still, I would much rather have my votes in the bag early as a candidate, rather than having to scratch around looking for small seeds on election day and a workday no less for many folks....

Now let's take a brief peak at the Social Demographics of LD-21:

1.) Sun City

Age: 18-34 (2%), 35-59 (12%), 60+ (85%).... *** NOTE 59% are over the age of 70 ****

Race/Ethnicity: 94% Anglo, 3% Latino, 1% Black

Household Income: $36.2k/Yr

Education: 21% 4+ Yrs College

OT: As a Gen Exer, Sun City appears to me as a really bizarre cultural pastiche of '70s and early '80s Americana that in many ways appears to combine a nostalgia for Southern California Waterparks with Las Vegas style more modern appeal.

Still, although it is the most Republican part of LD-21 we are now looking a Senior Population that combines a significant number of Baby Boomers alongside of the Silent Generation crew that first showed up in the days to this planned retirement community.

It is also noteworthy, that we saw some of the largest swings towards the DEM PRES candidate in '16 compared to '12 results compared to most parts of LD-21.

One of the rhetorical questions that I posed earlier on the thread, was how would the Dem candidates focus on Education play within Senior Citizen communities within CD-08....

It appears that in Sun City, Democrats running on Education based policies can perform quite well, if we look at the 2014 Arizona Superintendent of Education statewide election, where the Dem captured 44% in Sun City....

So here at least it doesn't appear as an either/or category when it comes to support for funding for public education from Seniors, which in many places has created political conflict between the interests of Seniors and Middle-Class parents with kids in Public school over how to fund education...

2.) Peoria:

It's much more difficult to dissect the social demographics of Peoria within CD-08 Ld-21 based on Census Block Tract data, but I'll give it a toss.

We look at the precincts located South of Cactus Road (Including Suncliff, Sun Aire, Westgreen Park, Osuna Park, Vogel, Peoria Heights, Sundance, and Comet) we are looking at precincts where on average only 55% of the population is Anglo.

In the '16 PRES Ge election we had about 18k voters (43 D- 49 R- 7 Other) and in Maricopa County Sheriff (51-48 D)...

In the '14 GE for Arizona Superintendent of Public Education, these precincts went (48-52 R).

Current turnout here is running about 32% of the total Registered Voters that break down to (31 D- 33 R- 36 I)....

Obviously this is a massive potential Democratic Vote Bank in a toss-up election.

Although the Latino Vote is much lower than the population demographics suggest, it's basically a working-class part of the district where Anglos live in the same apartment complexes and neighborhoods, kids attend the same public schools.

Median Houshold Income tends to average somewhere around $ 40k + / Yr.

Head North to precincts located above Cactus Road, the Anglo Population jumps to closer to 75% and the MHI jumps up to  around $70k+ Yr....

RV= DEM (24.9), REP (44.6), IND (30.5)

Still even here with these 22.5k voters in "North Peoria" we're looking at more like a '16 Pres breakdown like (36 D- 57 R), '16 Sheriff (49.4 D- 46.6 R)...  '14 in a relatively low turnout election the district voted for AZ Superintendent of Education (47-53 R)

The EV turnout here is looking something like 42+%, although we have the split precinct of Saddle Ridge that includes a significant component of Sun City lumped into the numbers here--- (judgement call of where to place), where Turnout was much higher thus far in EV numbers.

3.) Surprise

Not too many precincts from Surprise in LD-21 (Most are located in LD-22),

We have (6) precincts located here, and a brief survey indicates that most of these have  a significant Latino Population and are generally Middle-Class precincts in a rapidly growing Exurban "City" where tract housing built on the edge of the desert.

RV= (26.1 D- 37.0 R- 36.9 I)

These precincts are likely inherently volatile, both because of the rapidly growing external population, as well as the extremely high number of independent registered voters.

Thus far, we are looking at overall voter turnout in the high 30% range, but I wouldn't place any bets on how this part of the Legislative District will vote in the Special Election, let alone in November....

4.) El Mirage

Race/Ethnicity: Anglo (44%), Latino (48%)
MHI: $ 47.2k
Education: 13% 4+ Yrs College

Currently voter turnout is relatively anemic here, barely over 25% and needless to say this City alone could make the difference between a close loss or a narrow win for the Democratic Candidate...

Considering these are some of the most Democratic Precincts within the District, Dems obviously need to work some serious GOTV efforts here after trying to scramble for the last few Dem voters in
Sun City and similar precincts.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2018, 12:39:27 AM »

I have to say Nova, looking at those voter turnout numbers in Sun City versus Mirage strong indicates this seat will stay Republican.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2018, 12:40:50 AM »

I have to say Nova, looking at those voter turnout numbers in Sun City versus Mirage strong indicates this seat will stay Republican.

I still don't see how this race could possibly be remotely close. +8 Lesko is about the best I can see for democrats here.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2018, 11:57:43 AM »

I still don't see how this race could possibly be remotely close. +8 Lesko is about the best I can see for democrats here.
I suppose the one thing Dems could hope for here is that Hiral's platform focused improving healthcare plays well with a significant portion of the senior population in Sun City.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies