SB 2018-164: Atlasian Wasted Funding Investigation Fund (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:53:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2018-164: Atlasian Wasted Funding Investigation Fund (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2018-164: Atlasian Wasted Funding Investigation Fund (Tabled)  (Read 1366 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« on: March 29, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »

Sorry again, things happened. Next time I’ll be sure to take a leave of absence. Alright, this will reduce the deficit and help us  get rid of our budget problem, without corruption and government interference. We’ll get a private investigation to help us out. Atlasia is not in a good state economically, and hopefully this will help tell us where to cut.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 11:21:45 AM »

I believe this bill is needed for our great nation, it’ll help us get us out of wasteful government spending. What is there to oppose?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 11:37:44 AM »

I don't mind it myself, I do plan to support it. What did the Budget Committee think of the bill, did they offer feedback?

I would like to have a tad more debate and insight from them, if they agree with it, let’s get this passed!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 05:33:27 PM »

Well, any more debate on this?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 06:25:21 PM »

Senators, I strongly urge a vote against this bill for three major reasons.

First: We already have a budget committee supposedly working on reducing the massive (nearly 5% of GDP) deficit this government holds. To spend taxpayer money on an investigation "Fund" that is to be used by a PI group to do exactly what our Budget Committee is attempting to accomplish seems to be an example of duplicate government spending. Exactly the sort of which this government should be attempting to decrease, not expand upon.

Second: Are we suggesting that a PRIVATE organization shall trifle through intergovernmental records, of which contains private and top-secret information? Ridiculous. Not just to the millions of Americans who could lose their constitutional right to privacy, but also to the now disadvantaged private competitors. Crony capitalism at its finest.

Thirdly: There are NO regulations that stipulate that these resources will be used wisely, sustainably, nor used as a slush fund. To leave the Budget Committee, or any group of politicians for that matter, as the arbiter of reputability should be a joke. If the Budget Committee cannot accomplish any meaningful reform in the 8 months they have been around, how should we be assured that they will wisely choose a Private Organization to receive this contract?

Senators, the constitutional responsibility of our budget and our rising deficit are up to you. Do not pass a bill that would hurt Atlasians' right to privacy, distort the free market, and be a piece wasteful and duplicate spending itself!

I strongly urge a vote against this bill.

Thank you.

The concerns to the first part of your statement can be surely addressed. I believe that an investigation by a private, trusted firm would greatly increase our knowledge on where our funds are being wasted. I applaud the work of the budget committee, but this would help them. Think about it, if there’s excessive wasteful government spending in some of our agencies are we sure to know? Do you not believe a private investigation to send recommendations to the budget committee would be a burden to them?

Now how did that get in there? Maybe I should add a domestic agencies clause into the bill, but this would NOT AT ALL compromise the safety and privacy of any Atlasian. I, and many of my colleagues would not allow that on our watch.

We shall fund them a million dollars to look through at our government agencies, and to see where thy are wasting money. They will report their findings to the budget committee, to help them.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »

I offer the following amendment, to address my colleagues’ concerns:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »

This amendment answers some of the points brought up by my colleagues, who I agree with in the issues that have been amended. I believe this investigation could work for us as a GREAT way to reduce our significant deficit. As also pointed out by NeverAgain, this could help the budget committee significantly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies