Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:22:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)  (Read 35875 times)
x-Guy
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 18, 2018, 10:12:20 PM »

Brown's Dem Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.
"First of all I just want to thank everyone for allowing me to take part in this debate. I am so glad I have the opportunity to voice my opinions to fellow Americans across the country. Now to your question I certainly have my opinions on this issue. Personally I believe that an individual woman should have the right to choose on such an issue. In the state of California we certainly allow a Woman to have the right to proceed with such a procedure. However I also understand that there are probably Democrats out there who are vehemently opposed to abortion. What I am trying to get at is that abortion should not define the Democratic party going into this election as we have many who members who disagree on this issue strongly. Now with that being said I must be honest with all of you and say that I have always been an uncompromising champion of Woman's rights. Personally if I were elected to the Presidency I would allow Women in general to have the option to have a safe and early abortion for the first few weeks as it is important that abortion is done when the fetus cannot feel pain in any circumstance."

"Well the subject of the LGBTQ movement has always been one that I have been involved with. So my answer to that is absolutely! When we are talking about the LGBTQ movement we are also talking about the issue of Civil Rights in this nation! You see during my time as California's governor we made a lot of progress on this front! We did things like oppose the Amendment that prevented same-sex marriage in our state among other things like even preventing sexual orientation conversion therapy which has been so damaging to many in the nation. As President I would be more than happy to continue furthering policy on this front."
"The issue of the middle east in general has become very complex in recent times. While I believe Obama has done his best on this front we still cannot be staying and fighting in the middle east. The American people do not wish to be involved with these conflicts and the constant usage of resources to the middle east. However, while I certainly believe this if we are going to leave the middle east we must do so in a slow, steady, and careful manner. I think there are better ways in which we can confront the issues in the middle east without boots on the ground strategies. In conclusion as President I will certainly work towards the effort of returning our men and women to their families. That is going to be a sure priority in a Brown administration indefinitely!"

"I absolutely believe that climate change is real. I don't believe that there is much room for debate on the validity of climate change. It is clear as day that it is real and happening as we speak. I believe it is important that as a people we have a responsibility to nurture and care for the Earth because fact of the matter is we only have one planet that has so many beauties that we should be grateful for. As President I don't wish to see our children grow up in a nation in which they miss the very nature that we all enjoy in the United States today. However, I do agree with governor Bredesen that if we are to proceed with intervening on these issues that the coal industry must be salvaged in some way.

The fact of the matter is that so many Americans do depend on these jobs to make money on the table and to serve their families. As to what we can do on this front I believe further research and incentivizing progress towards new energies is a must. We need to make sure that there are other forms of energy that Americans can use. I also just want to say that even since my first term as Governor you can look into my record and see that I was a heavy environmentalist for my state and we enacted many policies to help Californians on this front so I'd say I certainly have a better grasp on this issue than my opponents in many ways.

"Hahaha! Well I wouldn't exactly want to spoil you all now would I? But in all seriousness I certainly have my choices but ultimately whoever I choose must be someone who is dedicated, close, and understanding. I would choose someone who I feel I can really work with and get things done in an effective and proactive manner. Unfortunately, I can't name names at this point in time. Ha!"

"I believe that above all this part needs unity. Unity has been something that I stressed since the very day I announced my run. Essentially I would certainly endorse whoever won the nomination as the party needs unity more than anything else at this time. However, I do hope that I can be the candidate that my fellow Democrats could rally around as well!"

"Well here's the thing. Of course there are probably many who may be confused as to why I would run at this time but my reasoning is simple. I don't believe the majority of the Democratic party really has anyone to rally around since Michelle Obama left the race. The Democratic party had a strong candidate behind them and with her absence it has left a large gaping hole in the party. Now I am not saying I am exactly like her but what I am saying is that I hope to be the candidate that Democrats can rally around in the future. The Democratic party needs someone reliable and strong willed for the general election! So with all of that being said, I do believe I have a viable chance at the nomination but I certainly plan to increase my chances as I continue to go around the country and meeting with so many people who wish to see a glimmer of hope for this party."
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #376 on: May 18, 2018, 11:59:45 PM »

Jerry Brown's tweet before voting begins!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #377 on: May 19, 2018, 12:00:14 AM »

Turn is closed!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #378 on: May 20, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »

America's Choice 2012: Super Tuesday

Anderson Cooper: After months of campaigning, it's now finally Super Tuesday. After Obama's dramatic withdrawal, Brown's entry, and the "Tea Party pact", the race is now more volatile than ever. Will tonight provide some clues as to where this race is going? Or will the primaries be thrown into further confusion? First tonight to answer these questions with me is Jake Tapper. What do you make of the past few days, Jake?

Jake Tapper: At this point, it's anyone's guess as to who wins the nominations. I think the "Tea Party pact" may have some effect tonight, but it's still a question of how much, Anderson. If we start seeing Bachmann winning Ohio or DeMint winning Oklahoma, then we might be in for a Tea Party surprise tonight. However, if we start to see them fail to win states that they've been leading in, such as Idaho and Georgia, then we could see the coalition fail to make any major ground tonight. As a part of this analysis, we're going to add in the combined coalition vote in some of our graphics, just to get a good sense of how much of an effect this pact will have. Depending on how well the coalition does tonight, Anderson, this could frankly decide the nomination.

Anderson Cooper: That could certainly happen, Jake. Now, we also have Rick Santorum here tonight, to speak about this rapidly changing race. What do you make of Brown's entry into the field?

Rick Santorum: It all depends how well his message has resonated in such a short period of time. His support his skyrocketed since he entered his race; right now he sits just below 30 percent in the nationwide polls, but it's really hard to tell where his statewide support is concentrated. However, I'd say if he can pull off a win anywhere tonight, his best shot is in American Samoa and Colorado.

Anderson Cooper: Thank you, Rick. Well, with only minutes to go until the Eastern Time Zone states close, stay tuned!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2018, 07:19:59 PM »

Wolf Blitzer: ...with about 25 percent of precincts reporting in most of our early states, we have a bit of a picture of what's going on:

Georgia, Republican (23% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 34.18%
Mike Huckabee: 33.16%
Rudy Guiliani: 24.95%
Michelle Bachmann: 7.71%

PROJECTION:

Phil Bredesen has won the Georgia primaries.

Georgia, Democratic (23% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 39.11% ✓
Joe Biden: 33.05%
Jerry Brown: 27.84%

PROJECTION:

Rudy Giuliani has won the Massachusetts primaries.

Massachusetts, Republican (27% reporting)

Rudy Guiliani: 45.19% ✓
Jim DeMint: 26.17%
Mike Huckabee: 23.68%
Michelle Bachmann: 4.96%

PROJECTION:

Joe Biden has won the Massachusetts primaries.

Massachusetts, Democratic (27% reporting)

Joe Biden: 51.01% ✓
Jerry Brown: 36.14%
Phil Bredesen: 12.85%

Tennessee, Republican (21% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 36.05%
Mike Huckabee: 35.11%
Rudy Guiliani: 21.18%
Michelle Bachmann: 7.66%

PROJECTION:

Phil Bredesen has won the Tennessee primaries.

Tennessee, Democratic (21% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 56.15% ✓
Joe Biden: 29.01%
Jerry Brown: 14.84%

PROJECTION:

Rudy Giuliani has won the Vermont primaries.

Vermont, Republican (35% reporting)

Rudy Guiliani: 51.05% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 25.18%
Jim DeMint: 22.37%
Michelle Bachmann: 1.40%

Vermont, Democratic (35% reporting)

Joe Biden: 45.17%
Jerry Brown: 43.58%
Phil Bredesen: 11.25%

Virginia, Republican (24% reporting)

Mike Huckabee: 38.11%
Rudy Guiliani: 30.07%
Jim DeMint: 23.16%
Michelle Bachmann: 8.66%

Virginia, Democratic (24% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 40.16%
Jerry Brown: 38.25%
Joe Biden: 21.59%

Anderson Cooper: Of course, we have a few poll closing calls in Massachusetts, Georgia, Vermont, and Phil Bredesen's home state of Tennessee. However, there seems to be a bit more going on behind the scenes. It's still early in many of these states, namely Virginia, where we have none of the precincts from the Washington area in yet, which should raise a red flag as to the nature of these results. However, there is still some information that we can glean. For example, in most states tonight, it looks like we're seeing significantly depressed numbers for Bachmann, which makes sense in light of the fact that the two campaigns agreed to vote for the other in their more favorable states.

Wolf Blitzer: This may have a bigger impact on tonight's results than previously thought, Anderson, and it will certainly be something to watch. We're going to take a quick break here, so stay tuned for more results and poll closings.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2018, 07:40:51 PM »

Wolf Blitzer: Now, we've only got a few minutes until the next poll closings, but let's take a quick look back at some of our earlier uncalled states:

Georgia, Republican (41% reporting)

Mike Huckabee: 35.01%
Jim DeMint: 33.15%
Rudy Guiliani: 22.02%
Michelle Bachmann: 9.82%

Tennessee, Republican (37% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 35.02%
Mike Huckabee: 34.95%
Rudy Guiliani: 19.83%
Michelle Bachmann: 10.20%

Vermont, Democratic (52% reporting)

Jerry Brown: 45.11%
Joe Biden: 44.18%
Phil Bredesen: 10.71%

Virginia, Republican (45% reporting)

Mike Huckabee: 36.62%
Rudy Guiliani: 33.18%
Jim DeMint: 25.13%
Michelle Bachmann: 5.07%

Virginia, Democratic (45% reporting)

Jerry Brown: 41.60%
Phil Bredesen: 39.15%
Joe Biden: 19.25%

Anderson Cooper: We've got a lot to unpack from these results. In both Georgia and Tennessee it seems like DeMint and Huckabee are locked in a dead heat. To be honest, I think a big factor for how well DeMint's going to do tonight is whether he can keep the Bachmann vote to a minimum, and frankly, he's not doing that at the moment. There's still a lot of vote out, however, so I think he still has a shot at both states. Giuliani's on the rise in Virginia, where some more vote from the northern counties is boosting his vote share.

Wolf Blitzer: That's for sure. If Huckabee wants to hold on to this state, he's got to hope that his margins in southern Virginia can hold off Giuliani when the vote dump comes later tonight. Interestingly, I have to say that DeMint, while not especially favored, could also have a path to victory in Virginia tonight, but the only way he can achieve it is if he can keep the Bachmann vote down and hope for great margins in the suburbs.

Anderson Cooper: And there's a similar story for Bredesen in Virginia. There's enough of the more moderate and "Dixiecrat" Democrats in parts of the state to keep his bid alive, but he's got to fend off a challenge from both Brown and Biden. Stay tuned to our coverage, as more states close their polls in only a matter of minutes.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2018, 08:54:13 PM »

Wolf Blitzer: ...and both states in the center of the nation have closed their polls.

Georgia, Republican (67% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 35.55%
Mike Huckabee: 33.12%
Rudy Guiliani: 24.82%
Michelle Bachmann: 6.51%

PROJECTION:

Jim DeMint has won the Tennessee primaries.

Tennessee, Republican (55% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 39.61% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 33.74%
Rudy Guiliani: 20.51%
Michelle Bachmann: 6.14%

Vermont, Democratic (73% reporting)

Joe Biden: 46.10%
Jerry Brown: 44.98%
Phil Bredesen: 10.71%

Virginia, Republican (58% reporting)

Rudy Guiliani: 34.96%
Mike Huckabee: 31.15%
Jim DeMint: 30.80%
Michelle Bachmann: 3.09%

Virginia, Democratic (58% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 36.18%
Jerry Brown: 35.05%
Joe Biden: 28.77%

North Dakota, Republican (5% reporting)

Michelle Bachmann: 41.01%
Mike Huckabee: 35.76%
Rudy Guiliani: 19.82%
Jim DeMint: 3.41%

PROJECTION:

Mike Huckabee has won the Oklahoma primaries.

Oklahoma, Republican (4% reporting)

Mike Huckabee: 39.18% ✓
Jim DeMint: 32.14%
Rudy Guiliani: 24.56%
Michelle Bachmann: 4.12%

PROJECTION:

Phil Bredesen has won the Oklahoma primaries.

Oklahoma, Democratic (4% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 58.20% ✓
Joe Biden: 24.16%
Jerry Brown: 17.64%

Anderson Cooper: In the South, it now looks like a mixed bag for the Republicans, with DeMint pulling off a narrow win in Tennessee after consolidating a considerable amount of the Tea Party vote, but in Oklahoma, Huckabee's won. A bit of a concerning sign here for Giuliani and Huckabee here after it seems like the deal between the two Tea Party candidates is starting to take effect. However, it's still not a done deal that DeMint and Bachmann could pull off major wins tonight, so the opportunity is still out there for states like Virginia to go to Giuliani.

Wolf Blitzer: That seems pretty accurate as to the situation at the moment, Anderson. For the Democrats, there's not much else to say besides the fact that the race is very close in Virginia, so we'll take a quick break. Stay tuned for continued updates.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #382 on: June 09, 2018, 01:59:00 AM »

These are the final results, as I have lost the original three times now and I don't want to keep you guys waiting for me to retype every night:

Alaska Republican Primary (100% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 41.62% ✓
Rudy Guiliani: 28.14%
Mike Huckabee: 24.01%
Michelle Bachmann: 6.23%

Colorado Democratic Primary (100% reporting)

Jerry Brown: 40.01% ✓
Joe Biden: 39.50%
Phil Bredesen: 20.49%

Georgia, Republican (100% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 34.18% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 33.16%
Rudy Guiliani: 24.95%
Michelle Bachmann: 7.71%

Georgia, Democratic (100% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 39.11% ✓
Joe Biden: 33.05%
Jerry Brown: 27.84%

Idaho Republican Caucus (100% reporting)

Michelle Bachmann: 39.58% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 34.10%
Rudy Guiliani: 19.88%
Jim DeMint: 6.44%

Massachusetts, Republican (100% reporting)

Rudy Guiliani: 45.19% ✓
Jim DeMint: 26.17%
Mike Huckabee: 23.68%
Michelle Bachmann: 4.96%

Massachusetts, Democratic (100% reporting)

Joe Biden: 51.01% ✓
Jerry Brown: 36.14%
Phil Bredesen: 12.85%

North Dakota Republican Caucus (100% reporting)

Michelle Bachmann: 40.01% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 28.14%
Rudy Guiliani: 23.36%
Jim DeMint: 8.49%

Ohio Republican Primary (100% reporting)

Rudy Guiliani: 35.14% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 32.86%
Jim DeMint: 26.04%
Michelle Bachmann: 5.96%

Ohio Democratic Primary (100% reporting)

Joe Biden: 43.04% ✓
Jerry Brown: 34.18%
Phil Bredesen: 22.78%

Oklahoma, Republican (100% reporting)

Mike Huckabee: 39.18% ✓
Jim DeMint: 32.14%
Rudy Guiliani: 24.56%
Michelle Bachmann: 4.12%

Oklahoma, Democratic (100% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 58.20% ✓
Joe Biden: 24.16%
Jerry Brown: 17.64%

Tennessee, Republican (100% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 39.61% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 33.74%
Rudy Guiliani: 20.51%
Michelle Bachmann: 6.14%

Tennessee, Democratic (100% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 56.15% ✓
Joe Biden: 29.01%
Jerry Brown: 14.84%

Vermont, Republican (100% reporting)

Rudy Guiliani: 51.05% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 25.18%
Jim DeMint: 22.37%
Michelle Bachmann: 1.40%

Vermont, Democratic (100% reporting)

Joe Biden: 48.19% ✓
Jerry Brown: 42.61%
Phil Bredesen: 9.20%

Virginia, Republican (100% reporting)

Jim DeMint: 32.10% ✓
Rudy Guiliani: 31.98%
Mike Huckabee: 30.16%
Michelle Bachmann: 5.76%

Virginia, Democratic (100% reporting)

Phil Bredesen: 39.18% ✓
Jerry Brown: 34.21%
Joe Biden: 26.61%

Wyoming, Republican (100% reporting)

Michelle Bachmann: 39.12% ✓
Mike Huckabee: 34.16%
Rudy Guiliani: 21.05%
Jim DeMint: 5.67%

American Samoa, Democratic (100% reporting)

Jerry Brown: 42.01% ✓
Joe Biden: 36.50%
Phil Bredesen: 21.49%
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: June 09, 2018, 02:31:43 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2018, 02:38:37 AM by wxtransit »

Turn Nine
March 6th - March 11th

Treat all states as if they occur on the 11th, you all know the drill.

Headlines:

After Super Tuesday, still no resolution to stalemate
Every campaign found states that they excelled and floundered in, leaving one of the closest primary campaigns with still no conclusion

Lehman Brothers exits bankruptcy protection
The American investment bank that collapsed in 2008 has exited from bankruptcy protection, meaning the company is now free to sell its remaining assets and distribute the funds to creditors

Shooting at Libertarian debate causes suspension of Jillette's campaign, dozens wounded
Penn Jillette and dozens of audience members were shot at the Libertarian debate only days ago, Jillette remains in the hospital but is in fair condition

Jerry Brown enters Democratic primary
Jerry Brown, the Governor of California, has entered the Democratic primary, leaving some pundits to consider him the "alternative" to Biden and Bredesen

RCP Job Approval Average (President Obama):

Disapprove: 52%
Approve: 44%
Unsure: 4%

RCP National Average:

Generic Democrat: 37%
Generic Republican: 36%
Michael Bloomberg (I): 14%
Generic Libertarian: 6%
Undecided: 7%

RCP Republican Average:

Jim DeMint: 28%
Mike Huckabee: 26%
Rudy Giuliani: 25%
Michelle Bachmann: 16%
Undecided: 5%

With the DeMint-Bachmann pact in full swing, enough of Bachmann's supporters have shifted to DeMint to give him a lead in the most recent RCP tracking average. While the race for the nomination remains close; in fact, still closer than almost every other Republican primary in history at this point in the year, some officials from the RNC have been quoted as saying that DeMint and Bachmann have now gained a narrow, yet significant edge after the declaration of their non-aggression pact. While it is currently unknown if they will extend the pact into this week's races, the pact itself signaled that the two campaigns may be calling for a truce, and possibly, even an alliance.

If these speculations are borne out, then both Huckabee and Giuliani, both fierce contenders in Tuesday's races, will need to step up their game if Bachmann's and DeMint's bases unite, giving them a clear edge over the former two.

RCP Democratic Average:

Joe Biden: 36%
Jerry Brown: 34%
Phil Bredesen: 24%
Undecided: 6%

As evidenced in the dramatic drop of the undecided vote, Brown's campaign has effectively targeted the former Obama vote that did not join Biden's or Bredesen's camps. After Super Tuesday, which saw significant gains for all three campaigns, Democratic strategists have significantly increased the chance of a brokered convention if current trends hold. With Bredesen, Brown, and Biden all safely entrenched in their own camps, it may all come down to which campaign makes their move first.

RCP Libertarian Average:

Jesse Ventura: 50%
Adam Carolla: 39%
Undecided: 11%

After Penn Jillette was shot and subsequently suspended his campaign, Jesse Ventura, who had entered the campaign only days before the now-infamous debate, took up the mantle of frontrunner almost instantly. With little campaigning being done in the aftermath of the shooting, not much has changed in the polls; however, this all may change once the campaigns heat up their rhetoric.

PLEASE READ
Moderator's notes: This turn will last until Wednesday, June 20th (explanation in OOC thread), at 11:59:59 PM CDT. Make sure to PM me ASAP if you need an extension (though I doubt it since it is so long lol), preferably after you read this sentence. There will be a debate, just ask me in the thread or in a PM if you want to host (Libertarian, Democratic, and Republican debates are up for grabs). You are allowed two endorsements per turn, so make sure to PM me your endorsements so that I can approve of them, and endorsements are first-come, first-serve.

This turn will cover a short timeframe of March 6th through March 11th. Make sure to schedule your campaign accordingly.

A schedule is required. You can post 20 speeches or no speeches, but what is required for you to post is your schedule. It doesn't have to be detailed, just give me a short description of each day's (or week's) events.

Advertisements: if you poll more than 15% nationally, you may run two advertisements. If you poll between 10% and 15%, you may run one advertisement, and if you poll below 10%, build up your campaign so that next round you can have a shot at running advertisements!

(For the general election: ad thresholds are 5% for one ad, and 7.5% for two.)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #384 on: June 09, 2018, 02:37:35 AM »

State polling (Republicans):

Kansas:

Mike Huckabee: 37%
Michelle Bachmann: 34%
Rudy Guiliani: 23%
Jim DeMint: 4%
Undecided: 2%

Virgin Islands:

Mike Huckabee: 39%
Jim DeMint: 29%
Rudy Guiliani: 25%
Michelle Bachmann: 3%
Undecided: 4%

Guam:

Mike Huckabee: 36%
Jim DeMint: 29%
Rudy Guiliani: 28%
Michelle Bachmann: 5%

State polling (Democrats):

Hawaii:

Jerry Brown: 39%
Joe Biden: 35%
Phil Bredesen: 24%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #385 on: June 09, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »

New Surrogates for Biden

When the First Lady left the race, I was disappointed. But I realized, there is a candidate, that has pledged and continues to pledge to enact President Obama agenda. That candidate is our Vice President, Joe Biden. He will push to enact health care for everyone, a balanced foreign policy, an expanded social safety net, and an increased minimum wage. All policies that we need to support, and that Vice President Biden, endorses. As such, I'm proud to offer him my endorsement.

The Vice President did win the Vermont Primary, so I feel it's right to endorse him. Besides, he'd make an excellent President, should he be elected, so I feel honored to make this endorsement.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #386 on: June 09, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »

Biden Victory speech

I know what you are thinking, we should have won Colorado. But three victories is a wonderful result regardless, and we will use this momentum to secure the nomination!
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #387 on: June 09, 2018, 09:54:25 PM »

Obama-Brown Campaign Announcement
Pittsburgh, PA

x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #388 on: June 09, 2018, 10:15:11 PM »

Running Mate Brown's speech during Campaign Announcement
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #389 on: June 09, 2018, 10:29:47 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2018, 01:39:03 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Nashville, Tennessee.

We had a great ride, didn't we...but with the First Lady running to our left, DeMint or Huckabee, running to our right, and Bloomberg coming up the middle, it's time for Democrats to stand united! That is why I am endorsing Governor Bredesen today, and I will do everything possible to ensure that he is our next President!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2018, 01:26:14 PM »

Adam Carolla debate answers part 1

1st:Well on the issue of guns I can safely say unlike most politicians that my views have changed and not just for votes.  I went out to a range out in in Reno Nevada and actually got to shoot what people claim to be a full automatic weapon. It felt like shooting a hunting rifle for sport and then I have people help me and teach me how to and I appreciate that very much. Also I noticed how that a shotgun does more damage than what people consider a fully automatic assault weapon.

I fully respect the 2nd amendment I think it deserves a place in our constitution like how the 1st and 4th 
amendment. I wouldn’t consider myself this gun expert with a whole safe of firearms but I am willing to respect and protect your right to have one.  As President I will veto any bill that restricts any rights of the 2nd amendment and make sure to fight for bills that help it.

2th:I think yes the income tax should be 0% the IRS shall also should be abolished and I will as president pardon anyone who has abused and wrongly jailed by them.  Taxation is theft and no not all taxes apply to the rich.  Every state especially Cailforina and of course this whole country have hidden taxes and fees that we had to pay and we don’t even know it!! As President I will make Amercia the lowest rate in the word and give our tax code the biggest reform since 1986.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #391 on: June 11, 2018, 03:05:39 PM »

PHIL BREDESEN SUPER TUESDAY AND PRESUMPTIVE NOMINATION ACCEPTANCE SPEECH

"I have one thing to say: Wow! What a Night! Now, before I go on with the rest of the speech, I want to congratulate both Governor Brown and Vice President Biden on their wins and their placement tonight and I want to thank the Vice President for his endorsement of me.

9 Months ago, in the month of September, our campaign was at the bottom of every poll. We were at 4% Nationally at the time. I remember pollsters and every News Media outlet under the sun telling us that we never had a chance. That our campaign was nothing but dirt and mud. They told us that we would never win a state and never place higher than fourth. They said it was the race to succeed Obama between his wife and the Vice President. Then, we placed third in Iowa. The Media shut up about us always placing fourth. Then we made both Florida and South Carolina very competitive. They then began to take us seriously. Then, we did what they considered impossible: we overcame the Obama machine and won the State of Missouri. The Establishment was in such a state of shock after this victory that they didn't know what they could do. Mrs. Obama then dropped out of the race. The race was still competitive between me, the Vice President, and the recent entry, California Governor Jerry Brown. Tonight, the Establishment hoped, our Movement would be stopped when we lost Virginia. Well, they failed.
"

*CHEERS*

"Tonight, we won the states of Oklahoma, Georgia, my home state of Tennessee, and the key state of Virginia. We won the majority of states and Delegates tonight and everyone could agree on that. Again, I want to thank Vice President Biden for his endorsement. Now, we are the last Candidate in the Democratic Primaries left. As the Republicans continue to bicker and fight between Former Governor Huckabee and Senator DeMint, we have a chance to Consolidate the key states of Ohio, Michigan, New Hampshire, Virginia, Colorado, Nevada, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Iowa while we can expand to other states like Indiana, Georgia, Missouri, my own home state of Tennessee, North Carolina, Montana. By god, even Texas could possibly in play for us. Think about that: Texas could be a Democratic state this November.

I want to discuss the Elephant in the room, however. Earlier tonight, just a few minutes ago, in fact, First Lady Michele Obama rejoined the race but not for the Democrats but instead for the Working Families party with California Governor Jerry Brown as her running mate. I respect that Party for it's goals and it's promises, but, I can not but feel a little disgusted with the First Lady currently. Mrs. Obama, while she and I personally don't see eye to eye with one another, should've done what is best for the Country and endorse me for the Democratic Party. I want to compare this to the Republican Party. Yes, the race for them is currently very heated but I have big doubt that besides Carolla and Giuliani, they wouldn't endorse the Nominee or run for another Party's Nomination. This is what the First Lady and California Governor are currently doing. That is what we would call Carpetbaggers and in Politics, being a Carpetbagger is the worst thing you can be.

If they leave the Working Families Party for calling them out, they would still be considered Carpetbaggers. They are running for another Party just to make sure that I or the Vice President didn't win in November. Her Husband's Vice President.. That is how you split a party and it's only for your own personal gain. If I lose in November, who is any real challenge for her in the 2016 Democratic Primary? No one. Instead, she'll be practically unchallenged for the Nomination in that year if I lose.

Mrs. Obama, I know you don't like me but there is such a thing as Party and Country comes before Personal Feelings. As JFK once famously said "Ask Not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country." Instead, Michele has put it in reverse. Think of President Obama currently. He's a lifelong Democrat and proud of it. Now, however, he's faced with a dilemma. His party finally has found a Nominee but his wife has went on her own Personal crusade against the Nominee of his party. He is perhaps very divided right now. I know Michele will try and paint it differently and state that the President already knows his choice. Right now, there are many Progressives out there currently questioning what they should do, like Former Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold, who I have received a call from a few minutes ago to discuss the situation. There are also many Undecideds, Independents, and Democrats who feel betrayed due to Michele's utter lack of foresight upon this decision.

Michele just wants to fuel her ego and future Presidential ambitions and when she didn't get what she wanted this time around, she ran away to another party like a spoiled child who is not getting anything that they want. Who's to say she won't do this in 2016 or 2020 if the Democratic Nomination isn't secured for her? She can't answer that and expect many people to believe her. She has broken the trust of many Democrats and because of that, I doubt she'll have the strength that she had in 2011 and from the Democratic Primary. She is splitting the vote because she doesn't like me and I think that's a tad bit unfair.

I have a tiny feeling that Michele will try to attack me and say I'm some conspiracy Theorist for thinking these and then try and pull the Gender or Race cards on me. I want to make clear that I only dislike because of your refusal to endorse me, not your skin color. And before you try and hit me on being Sexist, I would like to state that my current Shortlist for Vice President. Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Senator Kirsten Gilibrand of New York, and Senator Claire McCaskils of Missouri are my choices for a running mate. I have been thinking about this decision ever since Iowa so it is not spur of the moment. If I'm elected President, we would have our first Female Vice President, a big accomplishment at any rate and the First Lady's own personal distaste for me is getting in the way of that.

Michele Obama wants to divide the party and make sure that we don't win. Let's instead, give her a reason why she shouldn't have done this. At every Rally, at every Event, at every Q&A, every Interview, every Meeting, always ask why she didn't just re-enter the Democratic Primary to defeat me or why she betrayed the father of her husband?

We did the impossible once right now with me becoming the voice of the Democratic Party right now. Despite the First Lady trying to attack me,let's again accomplish the Impossible and win in November.

I will meet with every single one of you and I will love to help get to know you!

I shall see all of you on the Campaign trail!

Goodnight and have a great rest. This Election has only just begun!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #392 on: June 11, 2018, 03:14:23 PM »

Bredesen Campaign Schedule from March 6th-11th

March 6-7th: Campaign in Florida

Bredesen campaigned in Florida mainly to help connect his message of Centrism and helping the Economy grow, creating a Grassroots Organization in the state to help him win it in November.

March 8th-11th: Campaign in Ohio

Bredesen Campaigns in Ohio for so long due to how close it was in 2008 and it being the state he needed to win the most. He mainly focused on returning jobs back to the country and also worked hard to appeal to WWC with his low taxes plan.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #393 on: June 11, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #394 on: June 11, 2018, 05:41:55 PM »

Bredesen Response to Michelle

Oh, Michelle, there you go again.

Well, I want to ask if you know what Political Carpetbagging is. It's the same as Carpetbagging except the main difference is that you move from one Political Party to Another. What you did was just that, Mrs. Obama. You can not deny that you left the Democratic Party and joined the Working Families Party just for political benefit. You can't deny that something much like this happened in 2000 when the Democratic Nominee and my Friend Al Gore lost the state of Florida arguably due to Ralph Nader's Presence, him being a former Democrat that was Nominated for the Green Party. For the Bald Faced Liar part, I guess you and me are no different then, according to your logic. Lawyers are known to be quite for being liars themselves and as you mention a lot from your past, you yourself was a lawyer. Not a Politician but still a liar none the less, by your own logic.

For your second Argument, Michele, I would like to say that I don't think your policies are best for America either but I would've bitten my tongue, swallowed my pride, and endorsed you. You want to know why? Party comes first. I would also like to ask, Mrs. Obama, if you despised the ideas of myself and Biden, who himself expressed interest in continuing many of your husband's policies, weren't the best choice, why didn't you endorse Governor Brown, who is currently your running mate. This is just a simple question with a simple answer. When he was running in the Democratic Primary, he was in second place and had quite a lot of popularity with many Democrats. You choosing him as your running mate shows you believe he is great for the country so the simple question I have is why? Why didn't you endorse him? We would've had a brokered convention for the Democratic Party but in the most likely scenario, Governor Brown would've been Nominated by the Delegates with your support. So why not endorse him before Super Tuesday?

For your third argument, are you seriously trying to throw unabated claims and accusations at me? Obama, I thought you said that Liars couldn't be trusted to be President. When I found out about the Sexual Harrassment that was happening during my time as Governor, I took action immediately and had those men fired and arrested for what they did. and I never did say I would capitulate to the Republicans. I have stuck by this idea "If Congress gives me something that I think will help America, then  I'll Sign it. If I don't think it'll help America, then I won't sign it." It won't matter if Congress is controlled by the Republicans or Democrats. I'll follow the module well but I will look over both very carefully to make sure that I pass the best deal for America. I will also re-institute the Glass-Steagull Act which if I recall, the Republicans are not a huge fan of. So Michele, don't accuse me of silencing women or being a Republican puppet when there is clear evidence to the contrary. I thought that the First Lady was above reading stuff from Fox News but I have a feeling I was wrong on that. I'm joking. I know we all hate that News Channel. Also, I would like to know, that if you were still running for the Democratic Nomination and the Convention needed to choose between you and Biden, you would've been my first choice to endorse. No offense to the Vice President.

Also, Michele, I never had Donors and I am not for the Republican establishment. If you think just because I have Centrist views means I'm a friend and ally of Mitch McConnell, then you're dead wrong. This has been an entirely grassroots campaign, from the beginning to the present. I'm sure you haven't mentioned this but I never accepted my Gubernatorial Salary as Governor of Tennessee because I already got my money from the Business I sold years before I became Governor. I am still getting my wealth from that Company and I will refuse my Presidential Salary. Meanwhile, you have a lifelong pension, free accommodations, free travel around the world, and a free security detail, something many Americans would want to have. Michele, you are the embodiment of the Establishment from all the benefits you get as First Lady.

Also, I never stated that there was a personal rift between you and the President. In fact, I do hope that your marriage is going very well for you. I speak about a Party Rift that he was. He's a lifelong Democrat and while I hope he loves you and would choose you in a heartbeat, that would give the White House to your sworn enemy, the Republicans. Why didn't you endorse Micheal Bloomberg for President along with him? He's neither establishment and he's not from either political party, which means the Republicans wouldn't have control of the White House if Bloomberg won. By doing this, you are giving the White House to the Republicans who I thought you have a massive distaste for. Think about this, if the House is still under Republican control, which there that that happens, and no one reaches 270, who do you think would they choose between a Republican, a Democrat, An Independent, A Libertarian, and the Wife of their Sworn enemy?

America, Mrs. Obama loves to target me with unfounded and unjust claims and slander me with them. I guess She wants to give the White House to the Republicans. This is what we DON'T need in Washington. We need real change to Congress and the White House. Real change on Immigration, real change on the Economy, real change on Education, and Real Change for Congressional Term Limits. When November comes, I do hope the choice is clear but remember this, vote your conscience. Don't let anyone force you who to vote for. The vote is for you and only you to give and you shouldn't waste it.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #395 on: June 11, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »

Statement from Feingold

I am a lifelong Democrat, which means I find myself in an awkward position. I supported the First Lady in the primary, yet now I find her, after she dropped out of the race, running for another party's nomination with an aging governor who has a past of supporting right-wing policies while claiming to be left-wing.

I can reveal a correspondence between Governor Bredesen and myself, and I have secured his promise to act on Wall Street, climate change, same-sex rights, and pursuit of fair trade over free trade.

To this end, the Governor and I will be sitting down to hash out an agreement between the respective wings of our party.

I understand that many in the progressive movement will be disappointed, but we face a situation where the Tea Party, the most dangerous threat American politics has ever faced, is in a position to seek the Presidency. This cannot be allowed to happen.

With the Governor's promise to act on several issues important to us, I do believe that we can reach an agreement.

I look forward to sitting down with him to discuss the future of the party.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #396 on: June 11, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »

Adam Carolla debate answers 2

1.Im not for total anarchy I’m still think there should be a government.  The problem is that the government size is still too big and it’s far from the free market values we use to have back in the days.  There’s for example too many regulations on energy and agriculture.  

2.I want to promote energy independence and agriculture independence. We have restrictions on trade try to tell me NAFTA and CAFTA are free trade.  There’s still taxes and tariffs and of course regulations!!!  We need to put Amercia first on trade,energy and agriculture.

3. I am For abortion however what I am not for is government funding to planned parenthood.  I don’t think people who disagree with it should be paying their tax dollars to something they don’t want. It if you want a abortion fine but no one should be focusing you to pay for it

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2018, 08:02:19 PM by Jaguar4life »

Adam Carolla debate answers part 3

1.Not only do we need to cut taxes we need to cut spending and bring in a balenced budget amendment.

We need to end the war in Iraq and Pakistan and stop rebuilding their governments and cities and rebuild ours!!

We spend too much on the milltary and we have too much wasteful defense spending. We need to realize the Cold War is open the Russians aren’t as powerful as they use to be. We would still be the strongest milltary in the world even if we were too cut milltary spending for up to 5 years. It’s that big. So I say that it wouldn’t  hurt that much.

2.I think corruption is corruption no matter what party the person is it. And Rod was just that a corruption is corruption. I will pardon any person how has a great history of exposing political and milltary corruption like Julian Assange and Bradley Manning.   Also we need more people to be woke about it and not just look away it happens.  What also I will fight is campaign lobbying. If you see a Republican or Democrat bought out by Goldman Sachs or a Democrat or a Republican bought out by Big Pharma those are warning signs and as President I will stop that.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #398 on: June 13, 2018, 01:07:11 PM »

Carolla’s running mate announcement in Carson City Nevada

With running mates starting to be announced and the Libertarian primaries starting to heat up I think it would be great to bring in someone who has served in politics but has fought against the establishment in his term as Govenor! he recently has left the two party system after seeing the light and when he was governor of New Mexico he shrunk the government size to New Mexico so low that it was one of the smallest states in the union. Without anymore waiting I want to introduce you to the next Vice President Of the United States. 

Gary Johnson!!!

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #399 on: June 15, 2018, 02:28:07 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Speech on recent campaign events in Anaheim, Orange County, California

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, that all just happened.  First off, I'd like to congratulate Phil Bredesen on becoming the presumptive Democratic Nominee, Jim DeMint and Michelle Bachmann on becoming one ticket, Michelle Obama for returning to the race, and bid a farewell to Rudy Guiliani and Vice President Biden, I wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Now, I'm sure there have been a few rumors on what myself and Angus would do, with all the upheaval in the race.  I'm here to say that there's no chance in hell that we're dropping out, and we're in this race to win the Presidency.  We're in this race to make Washington stop bickering and work together to reform our healthcare system, to fight for fairer trade deals, to reform the tax system to help small businesses and the middle class, to protect the most vulnerable in our country from welfare cuts, and to balance the budget and stop our rising national debt.  Finally, we're in this race to truly represent the people, and that's why we're independent from any party and running a self-funding campaign, something none of our opponents can say.

I won't address any of them now but, let's just say there's a lot that needs to be said about all of our opponents.  For now though, I give you all this promise, the Bloomberg/King ticket will continue fighting for reform to benefit the people, and won't stop fighting for you, no matter what.  Thank you all for your time.  God bless Anaheim, the great state of California, and the United States of America!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies