Florida?-A 2000 Election Game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:13:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Florida?-A 2000 Election Game (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida?-A 2000 Election Game  (Read 4662 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 06, 2018, 10:07:43 PM »

Need more Democrats? I could play as Tom Daschle, just like the last time I played a game set in 2000...which happened to be my first election game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 10:36:51 PM »

June 10, 1999, Des Moines, Iowa

Over the past eight years we have witnessed a Republican Party out to get the Clinton Administration, and all it stands for. As President, I will defend the Clinton record, the Clinton economy and the Clinton world, to the best of my ability. Certainly some of his actions were inexcusable, but Republicans want us to ignore the many great things he's done, and judge him on one dress, and that's wrong. We deserve better than a party of hypocrites in the White House. The leader on impeachment, Newt Gingrich, after all had an affair with his second wife while his first wife was in the hospital with cancer, and he wanted to lecture Clinton on morality? Please.

So, I will run, I will win, and I will defend the Clinton name and legacy from all comers.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »

Terp, since you're playing another election game, do you plan to continue with this one...otherwise I'll just sign up for that one.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »

June 10, 1999, Des Moines, Iowa

Over the past eight years we have witnessed a Republican Party out to get the Clinton Administration, and all it stands for. As President, I will defend the Clinton record, the Clinton economy and the Clinton world, to the best of my ability. Certainly some of his actions were inexcusable, but Republicans want us to ignore the many great things he's done, and judge him on one dress, and that's wrong. We deserve better than a party of hypocrites in the White House. The leader on impeachment, Newt Gingrich, after all had an affair with his second wife while his first wife was in the hospital with cancer, and he wanted to lecture Clinton on morality? Please.

So, I will run, I will win, and I will defend the Clinton name and legacy from all comers.

If I recall correctly, you do have quite a bit of history using Daschle.

Yes, I do...though I lost that election.... hopefully not this time though.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 01:59:21 PM »

Dubya would be nice, but we don't need him.

We didn't really need Gore either. The 2000 game I played didn't have Gore running.

Also, I looked at your calendar, and you appear to have forgotten the Iowa Caucses...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »

Dubya would be nice, but we don't need him.

We didn't really need Gore either. The 2000 game I played didn't have Gore running.

Also, I looked at your calendar, and you appear to have forgotten the Iowa Caucses...

We have a Gore

Yes, but the other 2000 game I played didn't and that ended fine.

It is up already, it is the same day as the Alaska caucus

Thanks, I wasn't sure.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 12:25:36 AM »

What makes anyone think Daschle is running to Gore's left? His announcement speech defended Clinton and attacked Newt Gingrich and multiple other Congressional Republicans, for goodness sake.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 03:11:28 PM »

Can I be Jeb Bush assuming he got elected in both 1994 and 1998?

I'm pretty sure Jeb didn't get elected in 1994, even here. You certainly could be Dubya, if you wanted to be, however.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »

Can I be Jeb Bush assuming he got elected in both 1994 and 1998?
You can be Jeb! But I won't change history, still want him
I'll take  George W Bush then.
Sure!

Any way we can rig this so we don't get a Dubya vs Gore matchup? That would be boring, and cliche.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 12:19:40 PM »

If this game is dead, would a reboot of my CSA Presidential Election be a good idea?

This is a good example of why running an election game, and playing in another one is a bad idea.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 12:36:30 PM »

If this game is dead, would a reboot of my CSA Presidential Election be a good idea?

This is a good example of why running an election game, and playing in another one is a bad idea.

I wasn't going to start the game officially until; the 2012 game was either done or I dropped out

Given how poorly Bredesen is doing in that game...you could drop out and endorse Biden (me) Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies