Florida teacher exposed as white supremacist talk show host
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 06:15:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Florida teacher exposed as white supremacist talk show host
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Florida teacher exposed as white supremacist talk show host  (Read 3084 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2018, 02:54:11 PM »

Miss me with that "white nationalist" euphemism. Anyway definitely homeschooling my kids...

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a99ae32e4b089ec353a1fba

Not to lessen how awful  this is, but what else can we expect when the President of the United States is a white supremacist reality tv host?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2018, 10:21:44 PM »

Yes, she's a white supremacist.  "Dr." David Duke???  When did he become "Dr."Huh 

That being said, it is NOT racist to critique and question the "White Privilege" doctrine, even to the point of saying that it's advocates are full of crap.

That being said, it is NOT racist to suggest that it is radical Islam that fuels the majority of terrorism in today's world, and that the Jihadists are so motivated that they simply will not stop until their objectives are realized.  It is NOT racist to suggest that Jihadist Islam is incompatible with the concept of individual liberties and a republican form of government that our Constitution establishes as the basis of our law.

That being said, it is NOT racist to observe that people tend to hang with folks who are most like them.  This is not an unremarkable observation.  There's a difference between making that observation and suggesting that folks should "stick with their own kind", and I'm sure that this dimwit  doesn't believe in a truly integrated society.  But Malcolm X, while not a terrorist, was hardly a supporter of "integration"; he held resentments toward white folks, and especially Jews, throughout his life.  (Read THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X, edited by Alex Haley, and draw your own conclusion.) 

Schools are not wrong to pull a teacher doing this; their ability to be fair is in question on it's face.  But the Huffpost article goes further; it wishes to preempt questioning to doctrines like "white privilege" when they ought to be questioned, scrutinized, and debated to the fullest extent, and not merely given credence on their face.  And the reason public education has such a liberal bias is because while there a few bats like this teacher in the educational belfry, the CURRICULUM in public schools is authored primarily by liberal secularists with a leftist bias; it has not always been so, but it is so now. 
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »

Oh but the left obviously the ones pushing their views on children in schools. It seems like any accusation the right makes against the left is in fact true of themselves instead.

But I guess Florida gonna Florida.
Duhh, the whole conservative ideology is nothing but projection.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 11:01:43 PM »

Yes, she's a white supremacist.  "Dr." David Duke???  When did he become "Dr."Huh 

He has the CIS equivalent of a research doctorate from a private Ukrainian institution known for anti-Semitism.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2018, 11:35:18 PM »

Wow our education system is a joke. Reading what kinda schools Joey1996 went to makes me glad I live in my elitist liberal bubble.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 11:56:27 PM »

Yes, she's a white supremacist.  "Dr." David Duke???  When did he become "Dr."Huh  

That being said, it is NOT racist to critique and question the "White Privilege" doctrine, even to the point of saying that it's advocates are full of crap.

That being said, it is NOT racist to suggest that it is radical Islam that fuels the majority of terrorism in today's world, and that the Jihadists are so motivated that they simply will not stop until their objectives are realized.  It is NOT racist to suggest that Jihadist Islam is incompatible with the concept of individual liberties and a republican form of government that our Constitution establishes as the basis of our law.

That being said, it is NOT racist to observe that people tend to hang with folks who are most like them.  This is not an unremarkable observation.  There's a difference between making that observation and suggesting that folks should "stick with their own kind", and I'm sure that this dimwit  doesn't believe in a truly integrated society.  But Malcolm X, while not a terrorist, was hardly a supporter of "integration"; he held resentments toward white folks, and especially Jews, throughout his life.  (Read THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X, edited by Alex Haley, and draw your own conclusion.)  

Schools are not wrong to pull a teacher doing this; their ability to be fair is in question on it's face.  But the Huffpost article goes further; it wishes to preempt questioning to doctrines like "white privilege" when they ought to be questioned, scrutinized, and debated to the fullest extent, and not merely given credence on their face.  And the reason public education has such a liberal bias is because while there a few bats like this teacher in the educational belfry, the CURRICULUM in public schools is authored primarily by liberal secularists with a leftist bias; it has not always been so, but it is so now.  

I agree with you that many of these positions SHOULD be within the allowable discourse. Unfortunately, they just aren't. People know this so even people who agree with you and me, they usually won't say anything. That means the most extreme, anti-social elements who hold these views are the only ones who are saying them. It becomes a vicious cycle. Because only extremists are voicing these opinions, they came to be seen as inherently extremist and no one is comfortable voicing them but because people still hold these views in their heads, they are driven to the extremists because they're the only ones speaking out. If you don't want actual Nazis gaining influence, you have to stop pushing the idea that favoring color blind meritocracy is racist, that having borders is racist, that not making special accommodations for non-whites in every possible instance is racist.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 12:12:13 AM »

Oh but the left obviously the ones pushing their views on children in schools. It seems like any accusation the right makes against the left is in fact true of themselves instead.

Went to highschool in West Chester, Ohio. Was told taught that:

* Rosa Parks wasn't really protesting bus segregation but was simply tired.
* Malcolm X was a terrorist.
* Barack Obama only won in 2008 because he's black (economics teacher really said this).
* slavery was the fault of, in the words of my 9th grade English teacher "big strong" Africans.

Laugh whenever a conservative says teachers are indoctrinating kids with liberal ideals.

I live in a GOP-leaning neighborhood and I was never taught that in school.

This isn't a GOP-leaning town... it's the furthest right town in Butler CO. A county which Trump won by over 30 points.

Must be lonely
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2018, 09:28:53 PM »

Yes, she's a white supremacist.  "Dr." David Duke???  When did he become "Dr."Huh  

That being said, it is NOT racist to suggest that it is radical Islam that fuels the majority of terrorism in today's world, and that the Jihadists are so motivated that they simply will not stop until their objectives are realized.  It is NOT racist to suggest that Jihadist Islam is incompatible with the concept of individual liberties and a republican form of government that our Constitution establishes as the basis of our law.

That being said, it is NOT racist to observe that people tend to hang with folks who are most like them.  This is not an unremarkable observation.  There's a difference between making that observation and suggesting that folks should "stick with their own kind", and I'm sure that this dimwit  doesn't believe in a truly integrated society.  But Malcolm X, while not a terrorist, was hardly a supporter of "integration"; he held resentments toward white folks, and especially Jews, throughout his life.  (Read THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X, edited by Alex Haley, and draw your own conclusion.)  

Schools are not wrong to pull a teacher doing this; their ability to be fair is in question on it's face.  But the Huffpost article goes further; it wishes to preempt questioning to doctrines like "white privilege" when they ought to be questioned, scrutinized, and debated to the fullest extent, and not merely given credence on their face.  And the reason public education has such a liberal bias is because while there a few bats like this teacher in the educational belfry, the CURRICULUM in public schools is authored primarily by liberal secularists with a leftist bias; it has not always been so, but it is so now.  

I agree with you that many of these positions SHOULD be within the allowable discourse. Unfortunately, they just aren't. People know this so even people who agree with you and me, they usually won't say anything. That means the most extreme, anti-social elements who hold these views are the only ones who are saying them. It becomes a vicious cycle. Because only extremists are voicing these opinions, they came to be seen as inherently extremist and no one is comfortable voicing them but because people still hold these views in their heads, they are driven to the extremists because they're the only ones speaking out. If you don't want actual Nazis gaining influence, you have to stop pushing the idea that favoring color blind meritocracy is racist, that having borders is racist, that not making special accommodations for non-whites in every possible instance is racist.

The above is very true.  Amongst other things, it shows what happens in a world without moderates and moderation.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 12:08:27 AM »

Controversial opinion: teachers shouldn't have to worry about being doxxed. 
Joey1996

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 09:22:52 AM »

Went to highschool in West Chester, Ohio. Was told taught that:

* Rosa Parks wasn't really protesting bus segregation but was simply tired.
* Malcolm X was a terrorist.
* Barack Obama only won in 2008 because he's black (economics teacher really said this).
* slavery was the fault of, in the words of my 9th grade English teacher "big strong" Africans.

Laugh whenever a conservative says teachers are indoctrinating kids with liberal ideals.

I live in a GOP-leaning neighborhood and I was never taught that in school.

This isn't a GOP-leaning town... it's the furthest right town in Butler CO. A county which Trump won by over 30 points.

Must be lonely

Live in Cincinnati now, thank God
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2018, 09:29:33 AM »

But I thought it was bigoted to assume that teachers' (usually really left-wing) political opinions would influence the way they teach?
kyc0705

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 11:35:30 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2018, 11:38:48 AM by kyc0705 »

Miss me with that "white nationalist" euphemism. Anyway definitely homeschooling my kids...

Make sure you do it right because I was homeschooled for all 12 years and textbooks tend to skew waaaaaay to the right. Bob Jones University (you know, the ones who didn't desegregate until 1970, and who didn't allow interracial dating until like 1995 or something) makes a ton of textbooks that the co-op I went to in high school used. I was taught things like:

- slavery had nothing to do with the civil war (states' rights)
- actually slavery wasn't mentioned much at all except when saying that it wasn't the cause of the civil war
- Malcolm X was a terrorist
- Jimmy Carter hated America
- Ronald Reagan single-handedly saved the United States from stagflation and the commies
- Generally put the founding fathers on a pedestal without acknowledging any of the bad things they did
- FDR was a conniving demagogue who hated America, Japanese people (maybe true), and Jews, only fighting Hitler because he had to
- JFK was unimportant and (implied) he deserved to die?
- LBJ hated America and was super racist (maybe not wrong there) so the Civil Rights Act doesn't count, or something
- Obama hates America and is actively undermining it and the rise in the national debt is his fault and not Dubyas
- Al Gore is a sore loser who hates America by dividing it and not handing the 2000 election to Bush right away; additionally, climate change isn't real so Al Gore is also a crazy lying hypocrite (HE LIVES IN A HOUSE!!!!) The right really, really hates Al Gore and I don't understand why despite living with them for 18 years.

Thank God I've always been independent, curious, and willing to question what I'm taught....

So yeah, just be careful.

I went to a private, Christian middle school that also used BJU history textbooks. I find it endlessly amusing and consistently terrifying that Reagan is the only president who got his own chapter named after him. The passage about his attempted assassination makes it sound like God Himself came down to earth to personally save Saint Ronald's life.

Now, my school also used BJU science textbooks. They need their own thread.
Joey1996

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2018, 11:55:21 AM »

But I thought it was bigoted to assume that teachers' (usually really left-wing) political opinions would influence the way they teach?

This woman literally encouraged her fellow white supremacists to become teachers and spread their message covertly. Nice job defending her though
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2018, 12:15:28 PM »

This woman literally encouraged her fellow white supremacists to become teachers and spread their message covertly. Nice job defending her though
Not defending her in any way, nice deflection. Just exposing left-wing double standards.
Joey1996

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2018, 01:52:56 PM by Joey1996 »

Not defending her in any way, nice deflection. Just exposing left-wing double standards.

Left wing politics and white supremacy are a false equivalence
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2018, 01:49:47 PM »

She is swarthy enough to be a white supremacist in Florida.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2018, 03:24:26 PM »

Make sure you do it right because I was homeschooled for all 12 years and textbooks tend to skew waaaaaay to the right. Bob Jones University (you know, the ones who didn't desegregate until 1970, and who didn't allow interracial dating until like 1995 or something) makes a ton of textbooks that the co-op I went to in high school used. I was taught things like:

- actually slavery wasn't mentioned much at all except when saying that it wasn't the cause of the civil war
- Ronald Reagan single-handedly saved the United States from stagflation and the commies
- Generally put the founding fathers on a pedestal without acknowledging any of the bad things they did
- FDR was a conniving demagogue who hated America, Japanese people (maybe true), and Jews, only fighting Hitler because he had to
- LBJ hated America and was super racist (maybe not wrong there) so the Civil Rights Act doesn't count, or something
- Obama hates America and is actively undermining it and the rise in the national debt is his fault and not Dubyas
- Al Gore is a sore loser who hates America by dividing it and not handing the 2000 election to Bush right away; additionally, climate change isn't real so Al Gore is also a crazy lying hypocrite (HE LIVES IN A HOUSE!!!!) The right really, really hates Al Gore and I don't understand why despite living with them for 18 years.

Thank God I've always been independent, curious, and willing to question what I'm taught....

I went to a private, Christian middle school that also used BJU history textbooks. I find it endlessly amusing and consistently terrifying that Reagan is the only president who got his own chapter named after him. The passage about his attempted assassination makes it sound like God Himself came down to earth to personally save Saint Ronald's life.

Are there science textbooks really as bad as I hear? I'm asking, because we don't really have an equivalent over here (that I know of).
kyc0705

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2018, 05:35:56 PM »

Are there science textbooks really as bad as I hear? I'm asking, because we don't really have an equivalent over here (that I know of).

I can't recall for a fact that the science curriculum propagated specifically young-earth creationism, but I would be willing to bet it did.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »

I can't recall for a fact that the science curriculum propagated specifically young-earth creationism, but I would be willing to bet it did.

I would say I'm disappointed that those textbooks are taken seriously, but when the entirety of a major political party in a country denies climate change . . .
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2018, 09:44:33 PM »

"Left wing" is an umbrella that includes any number of groups that, in truth, hate America and many ordinary Americans, especially fundamentalist Christians. 
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2018, 02:56:50 AM »

"Left wing" is an umbrella that includes any number of groups that, in truth, hate America and many ordinary Americans, especially fundamentalist Christians. 

Joey1996

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2018, 06:54:16 AM »

😂
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2018, 10:31:48 AM »

Yes, you are. And so are several other people in here.

Disgusting, but expected.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2018, 07:38:47 PM »

was kinda thinking the labor union guy might see the problem with people being fired for their beliefs.  huh.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2018, 08:40:05 PM »

was kinda thinking the labor union guy might see the problem with people being fired for their beliefs.  huh.

I get it why posted beliefs are important in teaching.  A White Supremacist (I mean a REAL one, not someone who passes for one on Atlas) has the potential to effect all sorts of unfair judgments on a child/teen that has impact on their lives.  Unfair grades.  Biased decisions on school discipline.  A manner that is dismissive toward certain students to the point where they become alienated at school to the point of dysfunction.

But the doctrine of White Privilege is flawed to the point where it can (and should) be critically examined and debated, and not just taken as some sort of axiom.  The idea that "diversity is our strength" is something that is fair to question, because in most of the World, diversity is a problem to be worked through and overcome.  The idea that Jihadist Islam is incompatible with the philosophy of self-government and the idea of a republic with democratic features is something that ought to be debated, and the question of what is Jihadist Islam and what is something else is a fair question to decide.  And before anyone wishes to label me a xenophobe, I would suggest that folks here freely discuss Evangelical AMERICAN Christians in that vein, but much less civilly.

Are folks, black and white, right and left, believer and unbeliever, able to discuss issues honestly?  Or is group discussion and debate to be nothing more than who can out-shout the folks opposing them?  I will say that a society where discussion of thorny issues is a matter of out-shouting one's opponents, calling them names, intimidating them off platforms, is a society ridden with rigid ideology and identity politics that makes REAL love of country hard to manifest itself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies