Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:26:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10677 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's great to be here in Des Moines, Iowa. This city is the capital of one of the Agricultural heads in this country and thus it is my honor to be here tonight and debate my opponents.

I talked about this in the last debate. The basics is we need to allow people to keep their guns. The More guns that they do have, the easier a situation like a terrorist attack can be stopped. I would also like to increase the Domestic Defense Budget by 3.2%. This will allow Local Law Enforcement and the FBI to be able to learn about terrorist plots earlier and stop them before they happen. This would also mean, in the case of an attack, our officers would be far more prepared to deal with the Terrorists then anyone else before them.

First, I would like to increase Military Spending by 1.1%. Does this mean a slight increase to the already bloated military budget? Yes, yes it does, but when it comes to National Defense, It's a small price to pay. Another thing, I would like to send 7500 troops to Iraq to hep Train and prepare Iraqi forces as well as Kurdish ones to fight ISIS harder, faster, and stronger. Third, I will Institute a 2 Week Bombing campaign to destroy any major position ISIS has in the Middle East that way they are weakened enough for our forces to defeat theirs with little to no Casualties. Finally, I will have talks with the Iraqi government to discuss the idea of an Independent Kurdish State. They have fought the hardest against Iraq and with a nation being created for them, They will fight even harder to protect what they know is their land.

The Iran Nuclear Deal is a disaster, that is no lie. It will be giving Iran a better ability to create WMDs which they can use to threaten their eternal enemy, Israel, an ally of ours. What I plan on doing is to add an amendment to the deal that if Iran has any Nuclear weapons, they are to give 81% of all of it to us so we can disable them and render them useless. The world needs less Nuclear weapons and If I am able to add this Amendment, we will be able to be lead into a safer world.

America, tonight you heard different voices from the same coin of the party. I understand you are conflicted and I won't demand you to choose me immediately. I want you to follow your conscience. Whoever is the best candidate in Your mind, I want you to support. Even if it isn't me, I will be proud for you're choice. Also, please remember, we are at a crossroads were anything can happen and if we choose the wrong person, we may be even worse off than we are now. I want to thank you for allowing me to speak tonight and allowing me to be seen as your voice. Each one of you are Wonderful! Good Night!
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2018, 11:37:18 PM »

Jindal focuses on foreign policy and anti-terrorism during the turn. During a speech after the Paris attacks, Jindal read the names of each identified victim. He calls for Obama to specifically condemn "radical Islamic terrorism". Jindal also campaigns on social issues. He spends the turn in IA, NH, SC, and FL.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2018, 03:34:11 PM by ASPN »

Turn 6

November 19th-December 1st

RCP: Republican Primary:
Rand Paul: 28%
Rob Portman: 27%
Jim Mattis: 21%
Rick Santorum: 6%
Undecided: 10%

RCP: Democratic Primary:
Phil Bredesen: 23%
Bernie Sanders: 22%
Janet Napolitano: 19%
Deval Patrick: 17%
Hillary Clinton: 14%
Undecided: 5%

Debate winner:

News:

-King and Jindal out

-UN Report finds 90 percent of the thousands of disasters over the last two decades are weather-related. Weather disasters on the whole have been on the rise

-Russian Sukhoi Su-24 shot down near Turkish-Syrian Border.

Endorsements:

Phil Bredesen:
-Jennifer Graham
-Nathan Deal

Rand Paul:
-Terry Branstad

(State polls and debate to come in a bit.)
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2018, 03:36:13 PM »

They were put on the turn 5 page. also please leave comments like this ether in the ooc thread or by pm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies