South Africa's new president wants to redistribute land from white farmers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:28:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  South Africa's new president wants to redistribute land from white farmers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Africa's new president wants to redistribute land from white farmers  (Read 4178 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: February 27, 2018, 03:11:42 PM »

Our government should offer them Dutch citizenship and welcome them home before it's too late. The more, the merrier.

Saakasjvili, 100k Afrikaners, a few million Dutch American calvinists after the crazy lefties take over in the US. Now I finally know the meaning of kansenparels. So beautiful Cry. Open borders please!
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:06:51 AM »

I mean, this is getting pretty far off topic but there is a risk of American politics fracturing along ethnic lines to be sure. I warned about this back in 2016. That's why I think we should raise up White Democrats and non-white (especially African American) Republicans.

Whites didn't really trend R in 2016 though. The Republican rise with non college-educated whites (61% to 67%) was largely negated by the loss of college-educated whites (56% to 49%).
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »

Why wouldn't the ANC's justification for taking property from whites also not be valid in the United States? Why would non-whites in the United States not do something similar if they were an absolute majority of the electorate?
Because the culture, politics, and history of the U.S. are vastly different than SA. Plus, we don't have "ethnic" parties here.

I thought in some states whites voted 90%+ republican and blacks 90%+ democrat?

I think that does qualify as "ethnic" parties at least at the state level.

Alabama 2012
White : 84-15 Romney
Black: 95-4 Obama
Missisippi
White 89-10 Romney
Black 96-4 Obama

(couldn't find numbers for Alabama or Mississippi in 2016)

Racial polarization is terrible in the Deep South. But let's not forget that there are a lot of states where whites are less than 55% R. And I just don't see what kind of coalition could unite deeply religious whites, populist whites, generic conservative whites and urban moderate/liberal whites unless there literally is a race war.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies