South Africa's new president wants to redistribute land from white farmers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:22:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  South Africa's new president wants to redistribute land from white farmers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Africa's new president wants to redistribute land from white farmers  (Read 4068 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: February 27, 2018, 11:58:47 AM »

Our government should offer them Dutch citizenship and welcome them home before it's too late. The more, the merrier.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 12:06:39 PM »

Our government should offer them Dutch citizenship and welcome them home before it's too late. The more, the merrier.
That would be a fun political what if. How would 100k Afrikaner refugees vote in the Netherlands?
SGP and PVV.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 12:44:45 PM »

I'm sure a lot of them would, but it's not like all of DA's white vote is hardcore Calvinists and white nationalists. I don't really see them having a lot of lefties, but VVD/D66 could do ok with them, no?
Not sure about D66, but CDA and VVD could also do well with Afrikaners, sure. Who really knows, though.

You could talk about a small historical solidarity tax of some sort, but not simply confiscating their land. This will only lead to mass emigration and to a worse agricultural situation.
Who cares if the economy goes to sh**t when devil whitey is gone?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 07:57:50 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2018, 11:53:44 AM by DavidB. »

White farmers in South Africa are murdered at such a high rate that it is the most dangerous profession in the world. They're more likely to be killed than police officers in South Africa are. They're murdered at a rate far higher than is seen for the general population even in Honduras, Venezuela, and other countries that lead the world in violence. Unlike most murders in almost every country, the victims rarely ever know their killers. Additionally, these killings are characterized by extreme brutality including, but not limited to rape (often in front of family members forced to watch), genital mutilation, being hacked into dozens of pieces, being burned alive, babies drowned in boiling water, boiling water poured on people's faces and down their throats, etc. The level of cruelty match ISIS.

The police do nothing to protect them and the government actively opposes attempts to create militias for self defense. The Constitutional Court has ruled that the "shoot the Boer" song is "an incitement to genocide" and yet it is still sung routinely by ANC leaders. While it's true the ANC is mostly posturing and unlikely to seize all the land, the reason why they need to push this rhetoric is twofold. Reason one is that a large portion of their party is demanding it, especially younger supporters. Reason two is the Economic Freedom Fighters party, headed by former ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema, openly seek to emulate the tactics of Robert Mugabe and have made confiscating white owned property their top campaign promise. Here are some of their slogans:

Yet, even as this rhetoric is increasingly mainstream and black on white violent crime rates are astronomical (and defined by a level of planning and brutality far beyond robberies gone wrong), and even as Black Economic Empowerment and affirmative action block qualified whites from jobs, forcing tens of thousands into squatter camps, we're told that the extremists are whites who don't want their grandchildren to be a reviled minority in a third world country.

One last thing. It's not reverse racist. It's just racist.
Thank you.

Saakasjvili, 100k Afrikaners, a few million Dutch American calvinists after the crazy lefties take over in the US. Now I finally know the meaning of kansenparels. So beautiful Cry. Open borders please!
Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 10:46:38 AM »

So what about this? (I know it's RT and I hate it.)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Parliament has literally voted to implement racist policies against white people.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2018, 08:03:20 PM by DavidB. »

^ Solid point. My concern for the Afrikaner community is real, but it's probably not as if the ANC have suddenly gone nuts and/or as if the end is nigh. Given Ramaphosa's unfortunate past in mining I suppose he had to do something to fend off the threat on/to the ANC's left. Still worrisome and wrong that this type of racist policy was adopted -- for the ANC's party-political purposes no less. I know it's how politics works, but it's really damn cynical. The situation is slowly getting worse and I do think the Netherlands should start preparing itself for an influx of Afrikaners somewhere in the future.

In (...) Belgium, all parties are ethnic parties.
Even most hardcore flamingants wouldn't say they are ethnically different from the Walloons, I think. But even if a small number of them might do so, this is the wrong term to use.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies