Trump approval ratings thread 1.3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:58:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 79
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.3  (Read 181488 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: May 18, 2018, 11:43:07 AM »

Congrats Senator Heller.

Would it be too much of an inconvenience for you to post polls without your trollish commentary?

Spoiler: yes.
Hollywood756
Rookie

« Reply #1126 on: May 18, 2018, 11:47:46 AM »

SurveyMonkey weekly tracker, May 10-16, 20556 including 17617 RV

Among RV:

Strongly disapprove 41 (-2)

What?!?  It's really that bad? 

His strongly disapprove numbers are much higher than strongly approve in almost all polls.

Even among republican voters? That's incredibly suprising. I wonder what Obama's peak strongly disapprove among democrats was.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1127 on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:10 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2018, 11:53:46 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

Among RV:

What?!?  It's really that bad?  

His strongly disapprove numbers are much higher than strongly approve in almost all polls.

Even among republican voters? That's incredibly suprising. I wonder what Obama's peak strongly disapprove among democrats was.

Ah, I think I see the misinterpretation here.  "RV" is forum shorthand for registered voters.  Were you interpreting it as Republican voters?

EDIT: here's the breakdown by party ID from that SurveyMonkey poll (strongly approve / somewhat approve / somewhat disapprove / strongly disapprove):

Republican: 62/26/6/5
Lean R: 53/34/9/4
Independent: 11/26/23/37
Lean D: 1/6/16/76
Democrat: 4/7/14/73
Hollywood756
Rookie

« Reply #1128 on: May 18, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »

that would explain it. Thanks for the clarification.
UncleSam

« Reply #1129 on: May 18, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »

Among RV:

Ah, I think I see the misinterpretation here.  "RV" is forum shorthand for registered voters.  Were you interpreting it as Republican voters?

EDIT: here's the breakdown by party ID from that SurveyMonkey poll (strongly approve / somewhat approve / somewhat disapprove / strongly disapprove):

The most interesting thing about those numbers is that Lean D actually gives Trump worse approvals across the board vs. straight Democrats. That indicates that Trump is pushing independents and potentially some moderate Rs who strongly disapprove of the president to identify as Lean D - they don’t like the Democrats or thinking of themselves as such, but they’re perhaps resigning themselves to admitting they lean towards the Democrats due to Trump. Actual Democrats meanwhile are the same group they’ve always been, and there are some WWC / union types who like Trump but still vote D down ballot (though this group has become much smaller in recent years, as those voters have largely started to vote R at all levels).
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1130 on: May 18, 2018, 01:17:30 PM »

Among RV:

The most interesting thing about those numbers is that Lean D actually gives Trump worse approvals across the board vs. straight Democrats. That indicates that Trump is pushing independents and potentially some moderate Rs who strongly disapprove of the president to identify as Lean D - they don’t like the Democrats or thinking of themselves as such, but they’re perhaps resigning themselves to admitting they lean towards the Democrats due to Trump. Actual Democrats meanwhile are the same group they’ve always been, and there are some WWC / union types who like Trump but still vote D down ballot (though this group has become much smaller in recent years, as those voters have largely started to vote R at all levels).

I think that’s interesting, too.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1131 on: May 18, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2018, 04:41:23 PM by pbrower2a »

Congrats Senator Heller.

From before the collapse of North Korean de-nuclearization talks, 50% disapproval says that President Trump will not win Nevada. Besides, Nevada is a tough state to poll. It's Greater Las Vegas, Greater Reno-Sparks-Carson City, and a great expanse of thinly-populated rangeland and desert.

Besides, changes in polling results within the margin of error do not merit discussion as proof of anything. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1132 on: May 18, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »

Isn't it amazing? The trolls don't even know enough to have caution about changes in one poll in one state when those changes are within the margin of error.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1133 on: May 18, 2018, 05:56:47 PM »

PPP

WI - 46/50 (-4)
AZ - 46/50 (-4)

http://ktvk.images.worldnow.com/library/d417fb2e-5764-4a05-839f-642b6307a018.pdf
https://www.tmj4.com/news/political/politics-on-a-plate-trump-s-approval-rating-and-the-affordable-care-act
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1134 on: May 18, 2018, 06:03:50 PM »

Joke country.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1135 on: May 18, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »

I’m glad we’re finally getting some state level polling to compare to national polls. Interesting that they’re exactly the same.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1136 on: May 18, 2018, 06:28:01 PM »

It really says something about much of this country that Trump is even as popular as he is (which isn't great, but it's way better than it should be). Like, I get it, he's a Republican president, so Republicans are going to find reasons to like him. But the thing is, they could have gotten a lot of what he's delivered with someone else and completely forgone all the international shame, the constant scandal, the cronyism, corruption and pure incompetence. People should loathe this kind of behavior from a president, and yet they find reasons to excuse it.

On a side note, didn't Trump actually make the argument during the campaign that Clinton's presidency would be non-stop scandal and drama? And yet that is exactly what his has become, which is of course no surprise.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1137 on: May 18, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »

It really says something about much of this country that Trump is even as popular as he is (which isn't great, but it's way better than it should be). Like, I get it, he's a Republican president, so Republicans are going to find reasons to like him. But the thing is, they could have gotten a lot of what he's delivered with someone else and completely forgone all the international shame, the constant scandal, the cronyism, corruption and pure incompetence. People should loathe this kind of behavior from a president, and yet they find reasons to excuse it.

On a side note, didn't Trump actually make the argument during the campaign that Clinton's presidency would be non-stop scandal and drama? And yet that is exactly what his has become, which is of course no surprise.
Well, he's a whiner and keeps whining till he wins.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1138 on: May 18, 2018, 06:31:47 PM »

From August 30, 2010; 12:18 AM:

And in Wisconsin, where Sen. Russell Feingold (D) and Oshkosh businessman Ron Johnson (R) are squaring off, a University of Wisconsin survey showed Obama's job-approval rating at 49 percent, with 46 percent disapproving. (-4%)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/29/AR2010082903878.html

More meaningless dogshít polls
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1139 on: May 18, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »

That quote is something I actually found to be a good indicator of how incredibly insane it is that someone as big of a joke as Donald Trump managed to become POTUS. This guy actually said that, and he's said things far worse and/or far dumber, such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2lBz0532wU

"I'm speaking with myself, number 1, because I have a very good brain and I've said a lot of things"

He actually said that. On live TV.

It's hard to even summarize everything wrong with Trump in one post, mostly because there are so many things wrong with him. His insane amount of lying is the other big one. He lies about everything, even little things that make no difference, and are easily disproven. He is such a pathological liar that he'll even lie about saying something when there is video/audio of him saying whatever just hours or days prior.

I guarantee that if most people knew a regular person like this - just some guy from their community, they would hate him and not trust him with anything, and yet because he runs for the presidency as a Republican, bam, suddenly he's credible to these people. Pretty hard to describe just how poor judges of character these voters are.

/rant
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1140 on: May 18, 2018, 06:59:30 PM »

Will Trump get a post-shooting slip in his ratings? I doubt the Santa Fe shooting will have anywhere near the staying power of the Parkland shooting in the media, but the post-Parkland world could be different.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1141 on: May 18, 2018, 07:01:55 PM »

Will Trump get a post-shooting slip in his ratings? I doubt the Santa Fe shooting will have anywhere near the staying power of the Parkland shooting in the media, but the post-Parkland world could be different.

Come on....lol. If AZ 08 couldn't be bothered to turnout and vote for Trump then nothing will make an impact period.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1142 on: May 18, 2018, 07:29:55 PM »

He got a Parkland slip, so it's possible.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1143 on: May 18, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »

That quote is something I actually found to be a good indicator of how incredibly insane it is that someone as big of a joke as Donald Trump managed to become POTUS. This guy actually said that, and he's said things far worse and/or far dumber, such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2lBz0532wU

"I'm speaking with myself, number 1, because I have a very good brain and I've said a lot of things"

He actually said that. On live TV.

It's hard to even summarize everything wrong with Trump in one post, mostly because there are so many things wrong with him. His insane amount of lying is the other big one. He lies about everything, even little things that make no difference, and are easily disproven. He is such a pathological liar that he'll even lie about saying something when there is video/audio of him saying whatever just hours or days prior.

I guarantee that if most people knew a regular person like this - just some guy from their community, they would hate him and not trust him with anything, and yet because he runs for the presidency as a Republican, bam, suddenly he's credible to these people. Pretty hard to describe just how poor judges of character these voters are.

/rant

Tribalism is a hell of a drug.

This is also what's so frustrating about the whataboutism arguments that both Trump supporters and "both sides do it" independents like to lobby about. He is so much worse than basically any counterexample you could give of "politicians do x all the time, what's different about Trump?" What's different about Trump is that he does x so much more frequently, brazenly, incompetently, or stupidly than just about any other example you could come up with, and is certainly the only example that reaches that magnitude of awfulness on a matter when it comes to the presidency. Nobody else can even compare; he's a walking, talking id and there's nothing more to him, so you can't really make valid comparisons between him and past presidents with any semblance of a 1 to 1 correlation.

He's in a league of his own. For whatever reason though, his supporters seem inclined to believe this uniqueness is because of the successes they wish to attribute to him, virtually all unearned, yet studiously refuse to acknowledge where he's actually on a whole different playing field: his personal flaws. Then all of the sudden, they'll tell you he's just like everybody else. That is in fact precisely where he is not like everybody else, not even amongst mendacious, backbiting politicians. He redefines what it means to be an awful person.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #1144 on: May 18, 2018, 08:31:51 PM »

So true. And Republicans are happy to keep undermining our institutions and the rule of law to keep him safe. GOP deserves a generation in the wilderness after all of this. I really hope 2018 and 2020 destroys the party, even worse than 2006 and 2008, but this time there's no quick comeback to power. In the interim, I hope the Democrats actively enhance our institutions to prevent a future competent Trump-style politician from wreaking havoc.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1145 on: May 18, 2018, 09:38:07 PM »

SurveyMonkey: Just 13 percent of Americans consider Trump honest and trustworthy

SurveyMonkey is a crap firm, isn't it?  Because if it's that low, I don't understand how Trump's approval could be in the mid-40s unless Americans have officially stopped giving a f#ck.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1146 on: May 18, 2018, 09:46:54 PM »

SurveyMonkey: Just 13 percent of Americans consider Trump honest and trustworthy

SurveyMonkey is a crap firm, isn't it?  Because if it's that low, I don't understand how Trump's approval could be in the mid-40s unless Americans have officially stopped giving a f#ck.

As noted early, both SurveyMonkey and Morning Consult have r-friendly party Identification samples.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1147 on: May 18, 2018, 11:16:18 PM »

As noted early, both SurveyMonkey and Morning Consult have r-friendly party Identification samples.

I think it’s also that internet polls can be fluky
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1148 on: May 19, 2018, 08:38:38 AM »

People are just egging him on because its entertaining.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1149 on: May 19, 2018, 06:36:27 PM »

This will come off as real hackish(because it kind of is) but I think one of the reasons Trump's numbers have stayed inflated is due to the lack of polling firms being out in the field. We've gotten alot of Rasmussen, Reuters, YouGov, Morning Consult, Gallup and SurveyMonkey but very few actual non trackers. Pretty frustrating all things considered.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies