Trump approval ratings thread 1.3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:22:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.3  (Read 181563 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: July 19, 2018, 07:10:56 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2018, 08:07:42 PM by Torie »

Trump approval at 47% in CA-49, where he only received 42% of the vote.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/internal-poll-harkey-has-slight-lead-over-levin-in-californias-49th-district

Matches other polls from tossup California districts that show Trump gaining support since the election.

bro it even says "internal" in the URL.

There have been other polls in California districts that voted for Clinton showing Trump gaining support. IIRC, a SurveyUSA poll in CA-49 showed Trump with a 46% approval rating. If it was just the internal showing this, I would mostly disregard. But in this case it's corroborated by independent polling.

Edit: Yep, here's the poll from April showing Trump underwater 46-49: http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=1ce8330c-2f95-4035-9e94-97ca9bfc0ba5

OK, I had to endure the ordeal of reading a series of your posts here Limo because a post of yours was reported on a board that I moderate (rather than Congressional elections, which I don't), and here is the deal. You may know that I am not a fan of the trolling rap, but where I think as to factual matters, where you don't disclose them or mischaracterize them, to me that is trolling. That's because I know you know better. You know all the polls, and cherry pick, until you can find something (like an internal poll where you don't disclose it is an internal poll), or just make an assertion of fact about polling numbers, without documenting it, and then when called on it, you run around and find a poll four months old, etc., all squarely putting your act in my opinion in the trolling box.

So here is the deal, and I am going to be real blunt. If you make any post on a board I moderate about polling, I expect you to be very accurate about the poll, whether it is an internal, what is the date, and so forth, and provide links. If I think you are not doing that and spinning, that will go into the trolling box.

I am not going to infract the report in hand, because I want to give you a warning first. Cease and desist what you are doing here, and follow meticulously the regimen as I described above. If you don't, and it turns out you are distorting the facts, I will infract as trolling, each and every time. It won't take too many instances of that, before it generates a new post on the thread about you in the Cave (by me), and you will most probably get a more severe punishment than you have previously received from Muon2, and I will advocate a more severe punishment.

Basically, I have decided that you are like a Trump shill (except unpaid), who is just here to spin for Trump (or the Pubs in Congress, but that is a board that I don't moderate), but just aren't very talented at it, but that is OK, because you get a host of posters to comment about your act, and negative attention is a heck of a lot better than no attention. That even might fly with me because shills come with the landscape, if I didn't think you are deliberately distorting stuff and know better. So instead of it flying with me, from here on out it is crash and burn.

Yes, I know, this sounds a bit like a get off my lawn kind of thing. And it sounds that way, because that is in fact what it is.

You have been warned. Just stop. Now. Thank you.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1851 on: July 19, 2018, 10:01:41 PM »

Virginia is on fire Smiley
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1852 on: July 19, 2018, 10:36:29 PM »

...that was Torie
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1853 on: July 19, 2018, 10:43:58 PM »

Now watch limo follow this regimen for a few weeks then go right back to trolling
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1854 on: July 20, 2018, 08:43:17 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2018, 12:40:43 PM by Torie »

How could one possibly confuse me with Virginia? I mean, inter alia, our prose styles are so much different. It is unfair to Virginia to confuse mine for hers, when she is so much better at it than I. Smiley

Oh, one codicil to the above Limo. If you find a Pub/Trump friendly poll, and there is another poll on the same subject that was published a relatively short time before you choose to put up the poll that is less Pub/Trump friendly, unless it was previously put up here, I expect you to put up both polls at once. I don't want you cherry picking. I am going to put that in the trolling box as well. Thanks again.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1855 on: July 20, 2018, 08:51:10 AM »

Whoops sorry about that Torie
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1856 on: July 20, 2018, 09:28:02 AM »

You need to work on your reading comprehension. As Tories himself said, you need to apologize to Virginia for confusing Torie with her.😝
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1857 on: July 20, 2018, 11:25:23 AM »

Rasmussen 7/20/18

Approve - 44
Disapprove - 55

44% is the lowest approval rating Trump has gotten in Rasmussen since March 9th.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1858 on: July 20, 2018, 12:02:52 PM »

Rasmussen 7/20/18

Approve - 44
Disapprove - 55

44% is the lowest approval rating Trump has gotten in Rasmussen since March 9th.
Who are you and what have you done with LL?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1859 on: July 20, 2018, 12:06:19 PM »

Rasmussen 7/20/18

Approve - 44
Disapprove - 55

Who are you and what have you done with LL?

Torie gave him a stern talking-to (see upthread).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1860 on: July 20, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »

Ipsos, July 18-19, 1005 adults

Approve 38
Disapprove 62

Note: the toplines label these numbers as Approve (Net) and Disapprove (Net), but the question wording is actually "do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion".  So this should probably be considered a favorability poll, not job approval.

The poll also includes this doozy of a question:

President Trump’s behavior towards Russian President Putin has been described by former members of the U.S. Intelligence Community as "treasonous." Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

Agree 49 (strongly 31)
Disagree 27 (strongly 17)

Even among Republicans, 21% agreed with this (13% strongly).  IMO that's a "wow".
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1861 on: July 20, 2018, 12:35:17 PM »

Hmm, is this a possible reaction to Putin meetup? If so, there's no reason this wouldn't dissipate in a few weeks. The American Public has the attention of a goldfish when it comes to Russia.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1862 on: July 20, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »

Hmm, is this a possible reaction to Putin meetup? If so, there's no reason this wouldn't dissipate in a few weeks. The American Public has the attention of a goldfish when it comes to Russia.

Offense (corruption, abuse of power, and treasonable deeds are the most offensive) and hurt (as from economic disaster) are difficult, if not impossible, to forget.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1863 on: July 20, 2018, 02:23:40 PM »

No, it's just that favourability is different from job approval, although for the life of me I will never understand how somebody who correctly identifies Trump as a scumbag, somehow cannot identify the fact that he is doing a horrible job.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1864 on: July 20, 2018, 02:27:39 PM »

No, it's just that favourability is different from job approval, although for the life of me I will never understand how somebody who correctly identifies Trump as a scumbag, somehow cannot identify the fact that he is doing a horrible job.

If you measure Presidential job approval by how your 401(k) is doing (and not by how it will do), then Trump is doing a good job.  The economic affects of his idiocy have yet to show up in the stock market.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1865 on: July 20, 2018, 06:23:43 PM »

Hmm, is this a possible reaction to Putin meetup? If so, there's no reason this wouldn't dissipate in a few weeks. The American Public has the attention of a goldfish when it comes to Russia anything.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1866 on: July 20, 2018, 06:26:06 PM »

Trump took a year to get back to the level he had before the Comey firing. Just saying.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1867 on: July 20, 2018, 07:59:33 PM »

Hmm, is this a possible reaction to Putin meetup? If so, there's no reason this wouldn't dissipate in a few weeks. The American Public has the attention of a goldfish when it comes to Russia anything.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1868 on: July 20, 2018, 11:22:37 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2018, 09:52:14 PM by pbrower2a »

Two and a half years before the inauguration of the President elected in November 2020 I can make a projection of the election  

Strong Democratic
Weak  Democratic
Barely Democratic
Possible 3rd Party
Toss-up (white)
Barely Republican
Weak Republican
Strong Republican

Of course this can change. The Democratic nominee is the recessive quality in deciding on this scheme. "Strong" is 10% or more; "Weak" is between 5% and 10%; "Barely" is between 1% to 4%; tossup is exactly what you think it means.  
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1869 on: July 21, 2018, 07:28:20 AM »

Two and a half years before the inauguration of the President elected in November 2020 I can make a projection of the election  

Strong Democratic
Weak  Democratic
Barely Democratic
Possible 3rd Party
Toss-up (white)
Barely Republican
Weak Republican
Strong Republican

Of course this can change. The Democratic nominee is the recessive quality in deciding on this scheme. "Strong" is 10% or more; "Weak" is between 5% and 10%; "Barely" is between 1% to 4%; tossup is exactly what you think it means.  
[/quote]

The colors in the legend are reversed.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1870 on: July 21, 2018, 09:09:02 AM »

Strong Democratic
Weak  Democratic
Barely Democratic
Possible 3rd Party
Toss-up (white)
Barely Republican
Weak Republican
Strong Republican

[/quote]

Probably not; but, MI, Pa, WI, VA, CO, NV, NH and NM goes Dem
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1871 on: July 21, 2018, 09:36:32 AM »

Polling from Arizona has been copious -- and consistent. If I see lots of polls in a state that has typically voted R, trended D against the incumbent, and shows demographics unfriendly to the President, I see the equivalent of Virginia in 2008.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #1872 on: July 21, 2018, 06:28:33 PM »

Polling from Arizona has been copious -- and consistent. If I see lots of polls in a state that has typically voted R, trended D against the incumbent, and shows demographics unfriendly to the President, I see the equivalent of Virginia in 2008.

I also think Georgia could be the 2008 equivalent of VA as well.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1873 on: July 21, 2018, 09:20:36 PM »

Gravis 7/20/18

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/Oregon_July_20_2018.pdf

Approve - 43
Disapprove - 53

Trump got 39% of the vote in Oregon in the 2016 election.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1874 on: July 21, 2018, 09:21:12 PM »

lol Gravis
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies