Texas Primaries Megathread - DCCC attacking TX-07 Dem Candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:16:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas Primaries Megathread - DCCC attacking TX-07 Dem Candidate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Texas Primaries Megathread - DCCC attacking TX-07 Dem Candidate  (Read 9896 times)
BundouYMB

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »

It would be better to nominate no one then to nominate Moser. Moser would do active harm to the Texas Democratic party because she's a sneering costal elitist who said she'd rather have her teeth pulled then live in Texas.

The fact that the far left is coming to the defense of a wealthy carpetbagger with abject contempt for the people she's running to "represent" just because the Democratic party also opposes her is the closest thing I've seen to horseshoe theory in action. You might as well come to the defense of Mitt Romney. Just because the DCCC is against her doesn't mean she's a good candidate, you effing morons.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »

What about Ann Kirkpatrick? Gil Cisneros? They don't live in their districts! Are they being attacked? No because they support establishment policies!
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 03:02:56 PM »

It would be better to nominate no one then to nominate Moser. Moser would do active harm to the Texas Democratic party because she's a sneering costal elitist who said she'd rather have her teeth pulled then live in Texas.

The DCCC came off as the coastal elitists because they did oppo research on a grassroots candidate within their own party.

The fact that the far left is coming to the defense of a wealthy carpetbagger with abject contempt for the people she's running to "represent" just because the Democratic party also opposes her is the closest thing I've seen to horseshoe theory in action. You might as well come to the defense of Mitt Romney. Just because the DCCC is against her doesn't mean she's a good candidate, you effing morons.

She said she wouldn't want to live in PARIS, Texas, which borders Oklahoma. Do you know your geography?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2018, 03:05:31 PM »

You know what REALLY does serious harm to the Democratic Party? D.C. insiders who attack their own candidates and try to force them out of the race. That kills grassroots activism and interest in liberal/leftist politics.
BundouYMB

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 03:07:48 PM »

You know what REALLY does serious harm to the Democratic Party? D.C. insiders who attack their own candidates and try to force them out of the race. That kills grassroots activism and interest in liberal/leftist politics.

Yes, I'm sure someone who didn't live in Texas until she decided to run for congress had tons of local support. I understand that since you're a maroon avatar you're probably not very smart or connected to reality, but try really hard and I think you could figure this out on your own.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2018, 03:16:46 PM »

Moser supported Hillary, so I fail to see how...
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2018, 03:28:01 PM »

What about Ann Kirkpatrick? Gil Cisneros? They don't live in their districts! Are they being attacked? No because they support establishment policies!

Ann Kirkpatrick moved to be with her grandchildren, so....
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »

Yes, I'm sure someone who didn't live in Texas until she decided to run for congress had tons of local support. I understand that since you're a maroon avatar you're probably not very smart or connected to reality, but try really hard and I think you could figure this out on your own.

She grew up in the district you complete fool.

She's no different from the other frontrunners in the race (who don't actually live in district) and no different from Bill Clinton.

Please do like, three minutes of reading and independent thinking next time, okay?
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »

She grew up in the district you complete fool.

She's no different from the other frontrunners in the race (who don't actually live in district) and no different from Bill Clinton.

Please do like, three minutes of reading and independent thinking next time, okay?

When did Bill Clinton say he'd hate to live in Arkansas? Moser is a terrible candidate; I no longer root for the least viable Democrat to win the primary, but her campaign is clearly a flaming pile of garbage.

On the other hand, the DCCC was stupid to do this openly rather than through an outside group, given the possibility that she's still their nominee.

The party operatives sunk Sanders with amazing effort. They can knock her down easily.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2018, 04:10:13 PM »

JFC, the Bernie bros are real dummies. Instead of agreeing with the DCCC to marginalize Moser (who is obviously a deeply flawed candidate) and give Westin the chance to consolidate the progressive vote and win the primary, they go all out on her defense.

That's what happens when you care more about sticking it to the EVIL establishment instead of promoting progressive policies. 
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2018, 04:12:46 PM »

JFC, the Bernie bros are real dummies. Instead of agreeing with the DCCC to marginalize Moser (who is obviously a deeply flawed candidate) and give Westin the chance to consolidate the progressive vote and win the primary, they go all out on her defense.

That's what happens when you care more about sticking it to the EVIL establishment instead of promoting progressive policies. 

There is a runoff round in Texas primaries, and there are 7 candidates in this race.  There will almost surely be a runoff and at least one of the runoff candidates won't be Moser.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2018, 04:15:03 PM »

There is a runoff round in Texas primaries, and there are 7 candidates in this race.  There will almost surely be a runoff and at least one of the runoff candidates won't be Moser.

Even so, Moser becoming irrelevant would boost Westin's chances to go to the runoff.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2018, 04:30:24 PM »

The Bernie Bros are wrong here, but can you blame them after the establishment had gone out of their way to kill the 50 State Strategy, kick Howard Dean to the margins, and promote such hacks like DWS?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »

Yeah, it must really suck having actual principles. Seriously, dude, do you ever take a break? I'm starting to worry you might have a rage-induced brain hemorrhage the next time you, I don't know, see anyone speaking even one positive word of Bernie Sanders.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2018, 04:35:17 PM »

I don't care if I live in the district! I want single payer healthcare in this country and a more centrist dem like Tri(whatever his name is) is never going to do that! What's so complicated? I know I've said a couple times that I was skeptical of the notion rich people would vote for a progressive candidate who wants sp and free college and high taxes on the wealthy etc. but after thinking about it I realized I was just being an idiot. Just because someone is rich doesn't mean they don't care about people who aren't!

I grew up in the district (still live in Houston) and lived on the same floor as T(whatever his name is) at Rice. That being said, I know appallingly little about any of the candidates Smiley
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2018, 04:37:30 PM »

Yeah, it must really suck having actual principles. Seriously, dude, do you ever take a break? I'm starting to worry you might have a rage-induced brain hemorrhage the next time you, I don't know, see anyone speaking even one positive word of Bernie Sanders.

Enlighten me, what's the principle here? That whoever candidate is opposed by the establishment is automatically a great guy?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »

Enlighten me, what's the principle here? That whoever candidate is opposed by the establishment is automatically a great guy?

No, but the establishment tends to oppose a lot of good guys in favor of more corporate candidates.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »

No, but the establishment tends to oppose a lot of good guys in favor of more corporate candidates.

Who are these good guys? Tim Canova?
Why isn't the EVIL DCCC opposing Westin whose policy preferences are even more progressive?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2018, 06:33:43 PM »

The DCCC-backed candidate starter pack:

How gone do you have to be that in 2018 you still are in the "Russiagate is a hoax" camp?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2018, 06:37:30 PM »

How gone do you have to be that in 2018 you still are in the "Russiagate is a hoax"?

But I'm not?
Then what's the point of the paranoid Charlie meme?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2018, 06:42:27 PM »

I'm confused.  What's bad about running veterans and woman for Congress?  The "run like a girl" thing sounds like a red pill meme.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »

This looks like something lifted directly from the Intercept.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »

Also, why is anyone even discussing Sanchez. He is not a serious candidate in this race.
So because someone has no chance of winning you can't like them? Got it. Tongue
I have a friend in the district. He says the guy is actually like a crazy conspiracy theorist who talks about it during candidate forums.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2018, 07:28:01 PM »

Moser was actually born and raised in Houston, surprisingly. Her family is, or was, close to her opponent Pannill Fletcher's and Pannill Fletcher cropped Moser's brother out of the picture of her at a Planned Parenthood rally in the early 90s that was used for Pannill Fletcher's Emily's List endorsement.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2018, 07:39:57 PM »

Carpetbagging is the least of Moser's problems. Here is a list of what's wrong with her campaign according to someone who has watched it more closely than all of us:

"At least half of her PAC fundraising goes to her husband’s consulting group.  Certainly seems like self-dealing to me!

She was a writer before this, giving plenty of oppo research to Dems (i.e. she’d rather have her teeth pulled than move back to Texas) but potentially her future Republican opponent as well.  If you look at her Washingtonian archives you see the portrait of a woman who was fine being a coastal elite and only moved to Texas to start running for Congress.

Her campaign sucks.  It’s all about what’s fashionable and viral on the left.  There’s a lot of Republican shaming (Clinton was the first Democratic presidential candidate to carry this iteration of the 7th probably since 1964 or so).  It’s not an appealing campaign.

Her husband’s consulting firm that she pays so much money to retaliated against an employee who claimed that she was sexually assaulted and her husband is portrayed as an abusive boss.
( https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/revolution-messaging-assault-female-staffer_us_5a8cd12fe4b0273053a5baad?orm

) "
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies