Office of Sirius (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:44:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Sirius (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Sirius  (Read 2818 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: February 19, 2018, 12:37:07 PM »
« edited: December 11, 2022, 07:34:40 PM by Secretary Sirius »

Hello citizens of Lincoln! This is the official location where I will answer questions, accept feedback, and
take requests. This is also where I will make important announcements regarding the assembly.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 05:14:13 PM »

Hello fellow citizens of Atlasia.
Earlier today it was announced that AG Oakvale has made federal charges against me. This is clearly related to the recent controversy over my use of Discord to make a motion for a vote. I am officially denying these charges and would like to affirm that no matter how controversial my actions were, they did not violate any federal or regional laws. I will be pleading not guilty and fighting this in court. This case looks to be more of an attack specifically targeting me disguised as a proper legal argument. During the proceedings of the trial I will remain active in legislature but would like to ask that Jimmy7812 temporarily assume the role of speaker. I have a battle ahead of me, and would like to extend my thanks to those who have already expressed their support for me.
-Ninja0428
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:14 PM »

Here is the conversation that occurred in Discord:

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 10:01:09 AM »

I will be making a statement personally extending my thanks to someone tonight.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 05:48:26 PM »

As seen here, I will be taking up the responsibilities of assembly speaker from Jimmy, who was serving as interim speaker, effective immediately.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 08:01:25 PM »

Extension of Thanks to Harry S Truman
I would like to personally thank Mr. Truman for being a great help to me over the past month. Of course most obviously he acted as my defense attorney in my recent trial, and helped have me exonerated. While the charges weren't ever warranted, he still did an excellent job helping me through this and made well-crafted, strong arguments. I can not thank him enough for this. He also lent a helping hand during our brief gubernatorial crisis. He helped compose two bills which should hopefully prevent anything of the sort from happening again. As with everything he does, the bills (now laws) were of utmost quality. I greatly appreciated his assistance with assembly matters. Harry S Truman truly is one of the top citizens of Atlasia in terms of character and quality of the work he has done. My first hand experience with him has proven even more why he is deserving of all of the accolades he has received.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 09:49:51 AM »

Yesterday I officially took office in the house of representatives. This thread will continue to serve as my hub for statements and questions. I hope to have a productive term in the house!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 05:20:45 PM »

I have introduced two new bills into the house: The Right to View Act and the Decriminalization of Online Activities Act.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=239138.275
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »

The bill in Fremont, which is certain to pass at this point, urging the house to vote for the Let's Try This Act has been duly noted. I would like to reaffirm my intentions to vote AYE on the bill.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 10:04:00 PM »

I would like to reiterate my endorsement of Not_Madigan for Lincoln senate. I believe that he has been both progressive and reasonable and that his record has reflected this. This combination not only appeals to my ideology but also has shown the best results from my experience and is something that everyone can support. I will continue to stand by him not just from an ideological standpoint but also from the personal standpoint that I made a commitment. I see no reason to jump ship for another candidate and I don't want this to become Dfw again. I hope my fellow Lincolnites understand and consider this.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »

Here are my endorsements for the Lincoln elections coming up:

For Governor:
1. Clyde1998
2. ReaganClinton
For Senate:
1. Not_Madigan
2. DTC
For Assembly:
1. JGibson
2. MB
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »

It has been brought to my attention that due to quirks in registration laws, it is possible that the special election held last weekend was illegal. This will almost certainly be brought to the court and a long debate will occur. In the meantime, I intend to continue to carry out the duties of senator until this is settled, per the advice of the Vice President. Hopefully this is all settled and the appropriate actions can be taken afterwards. Thank you.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »

I would like to reiterate that I do not plan to run for president in October UNLESS we get to a certain point and there are no acceptable candidates.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 08:03:32 AM »

I know I've been quiet here for a while, but it is my pleasure to release my first round of official endorsements!

House:
1. Jimmy7812
2. Vern1998
Fremont Senate:
1. Canis
Fremont FM:
1. Tea Party Hater
Fremont Parliament:
1. JoeyOCanada
2. Australian Swing Voter
3. ONProgressive
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 05:21:55 PM »

President:
1. Ninja/1184AZ
2. No Endorsement
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »

February Endorsements:

President:
1. Ninja/Wxtransit
2. No Endorsement
House:
1. Ninja
2. Vern
3. Razze
Senate:
Not Pericles
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 06:54:47 PM »

Statement on Game Moderator Mr. Reactionary
Hello, its been a while since I've posted in my office, but I would like to officially throw my support behind the effort to remove GM Reactionary. It is honestly with a heavy heart that I must do so, I did not want it to come to this, but it seems necessary. I, like many other, was initially a strong supporter of confirming Mr. R as GM. After all, he had just led congress through a record destroying session with 50+ bills passed, and demonstrated a solid knowledge of public policy, surely it would seem that he has a good choice. And so he was confirmed to much fanfare and we all looked into the bright future. Here we are, and it isn't so bright. Being honest, I could feel that things were off before, but did not think they were reason to remove him entirely. I interacted most with the GM during my tenure as Secretary of Internal Affairs, which was unfortunately marred by a budget crisis. I don't blame the GM entirely for the 2019 crisis, there were a myriad of issues, mostly chalking up to a lack of organization. It was quite the mess and I ended up being given the crisis to deal with which I don't believe was meant to be the case. Nonetheless I took up the duties. My colleagues and I in the Weatherboy and Tmth admins found ourselves with data that was either conflicting, vague, or nonexistent. It ultimately was the job of the game engine to provide correct data, but for several months all I really got from Mr. R were vague answers and a few documents for several months until full data was providing and I pieced together the budget, with help from Yankee and LT mostly. This was concerning but also a large workload so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't really do anything against him. Of course now, that has completely stalled and it has been several months since we've really heard from the game engine. Other things have fallen flat as well. From what I know, the government audit, which was intended to be a major accomplish for him, was never completely. I only recall being given the data for the department of Agriculture early into my tenure and thus was never able to incorporate any cost saving measures into the new budget. And we have been lacking in news stories and interaction with officials on any recent issues. We haven't gotten anything since September and those were a few stories from Tmth. I remember during my time on the National Security Council being given several interesting foreign policy things to work on, but eventually those stopped coming. I fear for Atlasia becoming incredibly stale and grinding to a halt, so I must support the GM's removal in order to breath new life into the game. To Mr. Reactionary, if he reads: I'm sorry, this isn't personal. Its for our greater good.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2022, 07:34:32 PM »

Forming an exploratory committee for Lincoln regional senate
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2024, 02:08:20 AM »

As of this time I am forming an exploratory committee for the upcoming presidential election
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2024, 01:57:21 PM »

The last week has not been a good one for my state of mind, resulting from the death of someone important to me, multiple exams, and a lot of work in general. Yesterday, I acted in very poor judgement and partook in something that I do not believe I should have nor would have in the past. I accept responsibility for those actions. It currently seems to be ambiguous whether a new appointment should be made or if a special election should occur, but whichever is deemed the correct legal interpretation is the proper course of action. At this point in time, I could still reverse my decision to deregister, but I suspect not many people would like to see me return and am unsure if it would be healthy for me, so this is probably goodbye for a while.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2024, 03:30:25 PM »

for the record, I'd love to see you return, but considering everything else, your mental health needs to come first. I hope you return to the game sooner rather than later, but take as much time as you need.

Did my mental health ever matter to both of you, and some other people within DA and your friend circle?

But that was no excuse to try to bully me out and talk sh**t about me. There was no 'your mental health needs to come first', at all. Even back in 2019-2020, there was no "your mental health needs to come first", from both of you.

Instead, there have been people here who have used my mental health to shame me or argue i'm incompetent to do something or made fun of it, whether here or on discord.

You both have used mental health as an excuse selectively, your mental health reasons were valid, mine never were.
We always thought that you should take a break if you were not in a sound state of mind and that is what I am currently doing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies