Office of Sirius
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:17:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Sirius
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Sirius  (Read 2821 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2018, 12:37:07 PM »
« edited: December 11, 2022, 07:34:40 PM by Secretary Sirius »

Hello citizens of Lincoln! This is the official location where I will answer questions, accept feedback, and
take requests. This is also where I will make important announcements regarding the assembly.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 05:14:13 PM »

Hello fellow citizens of Atlasia.
Earlier today it was announced that AG Oakvale has made federal charges against me. This is clearly related to the recent controversy over my use of Discord to make a motion for a vote. I am officially denying these charges and would like to affirm that no matter how controversial my actions were, they did not violate any federal or regional laws. I will be pleading not guilty and fighting this in court. This case looks to be more of an attack specifically targeting me disguised as a proper legal argument. During the proceedings of the trial I will remain active in legislature but would like to ask that Jimmy7812 temporarily assume the role of speaker. I have a battle ahead of me, and would like to extend my thanks to those who have already expressed their support for me.
-Ninja0428
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 05:21:54 PM »

You are innocent Ninja and a great public servant-I'm with you 110%!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 05:23:49 PM »

While the charges presented to him in my opinion are too harsh, it is a complete lie to say he's innocent. He made an error in judgement by posting a call for a vote on Discord.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

Thank you Ninja0428.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »

While the charges presented to him in my opinion are too harsh, it is a complete lie to say he's innocent. He made an error in judgement by posting a call for a vote on Discord.

Oh absolutely he did, that's why I'm sponsoring your bill to solve this issue. But it's not a criminal offense and rather than making this a partisan issue Atlasia's elected office-holders should reach beyond party lines to solve this issue and pass our bill.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:14 PM »

Here is the conversation that occurred in Discord:

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 06:34:56 PM »

While using Discord to making a motion to vote is an improper technique, it is NOT a criminal act to do so at this time.

Thus, I believe the criminal charges against Ninja0428 by "AG" Oakvale went too far, based on the current evidence. Also, let's get a law passed to prevent future incidents like these.

- PUP Co-Chair JGibson (PUP-IL)

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »

Why is AG in scare quotes?
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 06:40:33 PM »

While using Discord to making a motion to vote is an improper technique, it is NOT a criminal act to do so at this time.

Thus, I believe the criminal charges against Ninja0428 by "AG" Oakvale went too far, based on the current evidence. Also, let's get a law passed to prevent future incidents like these.

I introduced the Lincoln Government Transparency Act to prevent this from happening again.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »

Thank you. I'm already sponsoring a law that does just that. Atlasian politicians need to focus on passing common sense reform not playing partisan games with these absurd charges.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 03:54:24 AM »

So let me get this straight, the charge is based on the allegation that Ninja talked about legislative business off-site? If so, Oakvale doesn't have a leg to stand on here.  Discussing business on Discord, or in any other off-site area, is not illegal.  And I fail to see the reasoning behind Oakvale's claim that Ninja "(destroyed) public records". 

Just to make my position clear, Ninja....I totally support you in this case.  If you should need any assistance in your defense (perhaps a "friend of the court" brief?), feel free to let me know (I'm 1-0 in court defenses, having represented Ben Kenobi in his trial on treason charges).  Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 05:40:05 AM »

The clause cited is aimed at a case like Sirnick. Who after he lost an election went back and deleted all the threads he had created in the Northeast Assembly.

If Ninja were refusing to release the transcripts, you might be able to make an argument that by withholding them he was "destroying public records", but short of that I cannot make that connection.

Just to make my position clear, Ninja....I totally support you in this case.  If you should need any assistance in your defense (perhaps a "friend of the court" brief?), feel free to let me know (I'm 1-0 in court defenses, having represented Ben Kenobi in his trial on treason charges).  Smiley

From personal experience, I have to as well. I fully respect Oakvale's position as AG and his ability to make a difference interpretation, but I have been here, charged with the same exact thing, but based on an even weaker argument. I understand completely what Ninja is going through thus.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 10:01:09 AM »

I will be making a statement personally extending my thanks to someone tonight.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 05:48:26 PM »

As seen here, I will be taking up the responsibilities of assembly speaker from Jimmy, who was serving as interim speaker, effective immediately.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 08:01:25 PM »

Extension of Thanks to Harry S Truman
I would like to personally thank Mr. Truman for being a great help to me over the past month. Of course most obviously he acted as my defense attorney in my recent trial, and helped have me exonerated. While the charges weren't ever warranted, he still did an excellent job helping me through this and made well-crafted, strong arguments. I can not thank him enough for this. He also lent a helping hand during our brief gubernatorial crisis. He helped compose two bills which should hopefully prevent anything of the sort from happening again. As with everything he does, the bills (now laws) were of utmost quality. I greatly appreciated his assistance with assembly matters. Harry S Truman truly is one of the top citizens of Atlasia in terms of character and quality of the work he has done. My first hand experience with him has proven even more why he is deserving of all of the accolades he has received.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 09:49:51 AM »

Yesterday I officially took office in the house of representatives. This thread will continue to serve as my hub for statements and questions. I hope to have a productive term in the house!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 05:20:45 PM »

I have introduced two new bills into the house: The Right to View Act and the Decriminalization of Online Activities Act.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=239138.275
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »

The bill in Fremont, which is certain to pass at this point, urging the house to vote for the Let's Try This Act has been duly noted. I would like to reaffirm my intentions to vote AYE on the bill.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 10:04:00 PM »

I would like to reiterate my endorsement of Not_Madigan for Lincoln senate. I believe that he has been both progressive and reasonable and that his record has reflected this. This combination not only appeals to my ideology but also has shown the best results from my experience and is something that everyone can support. I will continue to stand by him not just from an ideological standpoint but also from the personal standpoint that I made a commitment. I see no reason to jump ship for another candidate and I don't want this to become Dfw again. I hope my fellow Lincolnites understand and consider this.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »

Here are my endorsements for the Lincoln elections coming up:

For Governor:
1. Clyde1998
2. ReaganClinton
For Senate:
1. Not_Madigan
2. DTC
For Assembly:
1. JGibson
2. MB
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »

It has been brought to my attention that due to quirks in registration laws, it is possible that the special election held last weekend was illegal. This will almost certainly be brought to the court and a long debate will occur. In the meantime, I intend to continue to carry out the duties of senator until this is settled, per the advice of the Vice President. Hopefully this is all settled and the appropriate actions can be taken afterwards. Thank you.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »

I would like to reiterate that I do not plan to run for president in October UNLESS we get to a certain point and there are no acceptable candidates.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 08:03:32 AM »

I know I've been quiet here for a while, but it is my pleasure to release my first round of official endorsements!

House:
1. Jimmy7812
2. Vern1998
Fremont Senate:
1. Canis
Fremont FM:
1. Tea Party Hater
Fremont Parliament:
1. JoeyOCanada
2. Australian Swing Voter
3. ONProgressive
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 03:41:09 PM »

I know I've been quiet here for a while, but it is my pleasure to release my first round of official endorsements!

House:
1. Jimmy7812
2. Vern1998
Fremont Senate:
1. Canis
Fremont FM:
1. Tea Party Hater
Fremont Parliament:
1. JoeyOCanada
2. Australian Swing Voter
3. ONProgressive
Thank you very much Ninja0428!