Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:09:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59072 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« on: January 10, 2021, 09:45:30 PM »

Idea 2: Bronze New World
I fondly recall reading the BANW timeline on soc.history.what-if back in the days before there was a web and newsgroups were the height of social media on the internet. While the game would not use Doug Muir's masterful timeline, the game would start in 1493 with reports that the madman Cristoforo Colombo who has been plaguing the courts of Europe with a hare-brained scheme of a "shortcut" to the Orient has returned to Spain with tales that he managed to get most of the way there but that the Indians in the islands off the coast of the Orient were stranger than reports from the East would indicate.  The Admiral of the Ocean Sea has brought back various trinkets that some think a fraud, but at the least they are an interesting fraud.

I've started work on getting this ready for a start early next year. It would be a Concert of Europe style game, only with season long turns and despite what's happening elsewhere in the setting, all players will have to be European or Mediterranean powers. The Grand Duchy of Moscow and the Ottoman Empire are likely to be the easternmost playable powers unless I get a lot more interest than I expect. If there's a specific power you'd like to urge me to have as playable, feel free to PM me.

Did anything ever become of this?
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 05:57:13 PM »

Would anyone be down to play a US Election Game set in the 22nd Century where it takes place after the end of an American Dictatorship after a Second American Civil War? In the game, you'd be able to build your own parties, ideologies, and have your own people to create based on your imagination?
I’d much rather semi-historical fictional country post-independence or dictatorship somewhere in the 19th or 20th century than future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies