Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:39:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 60054 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« on: December 24, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »

Would anyone be interested in a 1976 game? It was an interesting election, and has a lot of potential for primary clown cars and independent candidacies.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:31 PM »

I think a 2018 midterms game would be interesting, but I really like the aspect of featuring 2017 especially. Maybe have it start a week after Trump's inaguration. I have to admit I'd only be in to it if we could have OCs and maybe the option of running in special elections and the New Jersey and Virginia gubernatorial elections along with primaries.

How do you think a midterms game would work? It does sound rather interesting. We could form teams of players, maybe, and have them be candidates with team leaders (Pelosi and Trump, maybe), and the other players play as candidates. It sounds pretty fun, actually. I'd be down for being Pelosi.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:58:23 PM »

There are three game ideas I am currently working:

1) The War of 1812. The British have just burned Washington to the ground, forcing President Madison to flee the city. How does this war progress? Has the American experiment failed? Meanwhile, war rages in Europe, with the British fighting Napoleon's French Empire on the continent as the Frenchman looks to build an empire from Iberia to Siberia.

2) A New Era. Set in 1901, just after the death of Queen Victoria. The young King Edward VII sits on the British throne as fissures in the great British Empire began to develop. How will he respond to these challenges and set himself apart from his mighty mother? Across the Atlantic, the American President William McKinley is seeking to build an empire of his own and has come into conflict with the Spanish in the process while also having to deal with a rise in radical labor at home.

3) Gods and Men. It is 1630. King Charles II has just reclaimed the throne of England in the name of his late father. Now he must deal with rebuilding his kingdom, as well as dealing with matters of faith, as rumors abound that he harbors Catholic sentiments. The tides are also turning in foreign policy, as the Anglo-Dutch alliance established under Queen Elizabeth is fraying and there is support growing for a pro-French policy in court.

Does anyone have any thoughts or input as to what idea they like the most (or dislike the most)?

Numbers 2 and 3 sound quite interesting. I'd be down for playing in either.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 11:42:42 PM »

Ok, I have decided that once a few more games end I will start an election 2018 game but it will be on a specific race.

Right now, my top choices are the Arizona Senate Race, Georgia Gubernatorial, Ohio Gubernatorial Race and Florida Gubernatorial. I would like some input on which one I should choose, all my top choices would be good since I know a lot about the races, candidates and all the races were very close

Why not do a 2018 midterm game in general? It'd be tons of fun, and I'd be willing to help you if you want.

If not, I'd like to take Sinema, Kemp, Cordray, or Nelson, please!

Out of those, the Senatorials are the most interesting in my opinion (especially FL-Sen.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies