Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:26:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59765 times)
terp40hitch
United States

« on: February 17, 2018, 05:16:40 PM »

You should do a 2000 election
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 09:04:30 PM »

A 2008 election game where John Kerry won in 2004 but his presidency was terrible so he faces primary opponents.
I want that too
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 06:14:53 PM »

I just noticed two more election games, maybe the creators should not start game play till one of the other election games is done with
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 05:57:45 PM »

Maybe we should stop flooding the forum with the same type of games that keep failing. Just a thought.

Please. Gentlemen, do we really need more than one election game running at the same time? It would be much easier to have an active, engaged election game with a large playerbase if there weren't several election games that suffer an early death.
I agree, too many Games lead to many early deaths
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »

I might eventually do a 1968 Presidential Election Game. Who would be interested in helping me craft such a game and be a co-mod?
I would play, probably as Gov. James Rhodes
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 04:21:55 PM »

Would anyone be interested in a 1976 game? It was an interesting election, and has a lot of potential for primary clown cars and independent candidacies.
I have always hoped for a ‘76 race to be tried
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 12:36:47 PM »

I am thinking of doing a 2018 midterm election game where you are a high profile surrogate for any of the four main parties (Dem, GOP, Lib, Green) and it will start in August and every turn will be two weeks so six turns in total. Your goal is to win or retain the house, Senate and the governor's house

Would anyone play?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 06:42:01 PM »

I am thinking of doing a 2018 midterm election game where you are a high profile surrogate for any of the four main parties (Dem, GOP, Lib, Green) and it will start in August and every turn will be two weeks so six turns in total. Your goal is to win or retain the house, Senate and the governor's house

Would anyone play?

I'll consider it. Would you be able to play as a Candidate for a race?
Yeah, here’s an example: you play as Elizabeth Warren so you try to win both your race but you also a surrogate to win back congress
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »

Would anyone play?

I'll consider it. Would you be able to play as a Candidate for a race?
Yeah, here’s an example: you play as Elizabeth Warren so you try to win both your race but you also a surrogate to win back congress

Interesting. Would you be able to be your own created surrogate?
No, just prominent figures in 2018 politics
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 11:38:49 PM »

Would anyone play?

I'd play, I'd wait until 2004 2020 and 1968 are all over though

It's a creative idea, but we'd probably have to start somewhere before Election Day 2017, so we can include the Virginia and New Jersey Gubernatorial races (because those are really important too).

If we did that, I'd happily call either Barack Obama or Joe Biden, because they are the Democrats strongest surrogates who are not up for election (though Biden would at least have to think about about a possible Presidential run).

Also, if we did this, we could agree to continue on to the 2020 elections afterward, doing both the Presidential and Congressional/Gubernatorial races.
That would be better but turns would be a month then. That would allow influence over the primaries too especially close ones like Ohio Senate, Florida Governors and Tennesee Governors
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »

Ok, I have decided that once a few more games end I will start an election 2018 game but it will be on a specific race.

Right now, my top choices are the Arizona Senate Race, Georgia Gubernatorial, Ohio Gubernatorial Race and Florida Gubernatorial. I would like some input on which one I should choose, all my top choices would be good since I know a lot about the races, candidates and all the races were very close
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 05:49:05 PM »

Since TT is currently at the Conventions and we're approaching an end to it within the next few weeks, I might do a small scale game once it's finished. Nothing too big, just a small Senate Election game

1. 2008 VA Sen Race
2. 2000 NY Sen Race
3. 2010 WI Senate Race
4. 2010 MA Special Senate
5. 1996 MA Senate
6. 2018 NM Senate
7. 2004 GA Senate

So, if anyone is wanting one of these to happen, just say which and I'll make a poll between the top contenders.
New Mexico 2018 Senate could be fun but I also like the Virginia Senate race
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »

Someone with experience running these games ought to try a Confederate Election scenario.

The only issue with this is that many prominent Southern politicians are minorities, and a Confederate nation would probably still have at least segregation, these people were called "Fire-Eaters", that is how committed they were to not having racial equality
What I'm envisioning is a South where slavery is abolished ~1890 and replaced with an Apartheid-like system that eventually gets abolished with the Civil Rights Act of 1991 (ie, citizenship and voting rights). Even now 2019, private businesses can still refuse services, which would be an issue.

If I created an alternate universe (IE, develop a history, fill in who is Congress, Governors, etc), would anyone want to use it for an election game? I can't moderate due to time constraints but I think the idea is fairly interesting.
I would like to see this happen
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies