Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:21:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59909 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: July 13, 2018, 04:31:59 PM »

Hmm... After the End of Encore, we could age the world a century. See our empire's in the year of our Lord 1900 Anno Domini (Yes I know they name the same thing)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 09:21:03 AM »

Currently in the works of a 2016 election game now that the low quality posters seem to have faded away. Stay tuned.
Now that I am back for good I’ll play

This makes me less inclined to make one.

lmao
Grass is throwing shade
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 05:03:40 PM »

I am thinking of doing a 2018 midterm election game where you are a high profile surrogate for any of the four main parties (Dem, GOP, Lib, Green) and it will start in August and every turn will be two weeks so six turns in total. Your goal is to win or retain the house, Senate and the governor's house

Would anyone play?

I'd play, I'd wait until 2004 2020 and 1968 are all over though
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 09:26:31 PM »

A few years ago On AH.com, a member by the name of Ghazghull made a very in depth election game based around President Infinity. It was utterly amazing, while I doubt we could duplicate it, it would nevertheless remain pretty interesting.

AH.com is pretty great
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 09:55:21 PM »

A few years ago On AH.com, a member by the name of Ghazghull made a very in depth election game based around President Infinity. It was utterly amazing, while I doubt we could duplicate it, it would nevertheless remain pretty interesting.

AH.com is pretty great
All I can say is that there's a lot of great people on there. I have a different opinion on the management, that's all I'll say.

The management there is awful, I was reading a timeline. A poster was muted for a week, for apart of the timeline. It was the US giving Fonda the death penalty for aiding the Vietamanese. I think it was Cal Bear?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 08:18:25 PM »

It may be excessive optimism on my behalf, but despite facing an unyielding amount of RL pressure since March it seems likely pressure will return to normal on July-August, hence allowing me to make an attempt at hosting something (possibly an ASOIAF Game, something UK-based or re-starting one of the games I suspended due to RL issues).

(It's all really hypothetical, but if someone is interested in suggestions I'd love to hear them)

I'd like a UK game. Maybe 2020 General Election is called by Boris Johnson, we have a weakened Tory Party, divided Labour, surging Lib Dems & Brexit, as well as the Greens, SNP, CHUK, among others.  
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 07:56:56 PM »

Mock Parliament 1: American Civil War - I have always wanted to simulate the Civil War, and unsuccessfully tried to do so in Balance of Power 1861. Not sure if the setting would be the historical war itself (starting on 1861 or 1862)/quote]

Possibly start at the election of 1860 and then let it spiral from there? Either way, I am perfectly happy with either idea for the American Civil War, as I have been having a resurgence in interest following my finding of a series of videos debunking the lost cause. 
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 06:56:05 PM »

Is there any interest in starting a new ASOIAF game? Watching the trailer for the upcoming House of the Dragon series sparked that old itch for me. I don’t want to do it if there isn’t interest though. I know we tried last summer to do an ASOIAF game that didn’t really get off the ground.

I’d be game
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 10:41:45 AM »

I'm strongly considering a Dance of the Dragons game. Starting around early-mid November. maybe sooner depending on interest. I know Lumine is interested.

I'd be interested
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies