Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:35:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59058 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 17, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »

This or a 1948/1988 Election Game
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 06:20:51 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2018, 06:47:04 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

I guess I could either reserve or Propose this idea:

Provisional Title: "After the New Blue Dog: A 2016 Election Game"

Summary: Based off my surprisingly smash hit of a Timeline "A New Blue Dog for America's Health" (Here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=281052.0), it is the year 2015 and the impressive Presidency of Phil Bredesen has gone by Eventfully and now he is no Longer eligible to run for Office, With both parties hoping to get their own Candidate in the White House.

For the Democrats, currently, with the current President not being allowed to run for another term. With the Vice President, SOS, SOT, and Senator Bernie Sanders taking prominent roles in the Leadership of the party, it seems that the party may have to discover new leadership. With this in mind, the new leader does certainly look to be an establishment Candidate from either the Administration or Congress.

For the Republicans, after two big landslide defeats, they are completely shattered with both outsiders and Establishment Candidates vying for control for the party. With the GOP totally divided, anyone could become the Nominee. The question is, will they be able to re-unite a destroyed party.

With both parties getting ready for war, could a Third Party be able to sneak through and win?

(Things that happen in this game might be retconned in the TL, but everything that happens here will be it's own separate timeline from the TL once it starts)

In Case anyone was wondering, here was the Primaries and the 2012 Election in this version:

2012 DEM Primary:

Pres. Phil Bredesen (D-TN)
Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT)

2012 GOP Primaries:

Former Gov George Pataki (R-NY)
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)

2012 General:

Pres. Phil Bredesen (D-TN)/VP Blanche Lincoln (D-AR): 529/59.8%
Former Governor George Pataki (R-NY)/Former Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK): 9/30.1%
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »

A 2008 election game where John Kerry won in 2004 but his presidency was terrible so he faces primary opponents.

With odds like that, he probably would just say to running again at all.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 08:51:31 PM »

So, to gauge interest, does AtNBD:A2016EG sound like a good idea?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 09:37:46 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=284186.0

Also, my game, TTBP:A2004EG needs more players.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 10:57:37 AM »

In this Mad Season a 2020 election game.

Robert Muller indicts President Trump in May 2018 which leaves Mike Pence to be president. He later picks Ohio Govenor John Kasich as VP and the Republicans end up losing the senate and barely keeping the House.

I need a co mod to do this with me.

I don't think you know what indictment means..

Someone can be indicted but still not convicted. Indictment just means you have charges held against you.

A perfect example is Ernie Fletcher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 11:24:29 AM »

Games are generally best when you don't try and use them like Timelines.

Interactive Timelines are actually really Popular fsr.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »

I liked the idea of Blue Florida and was enjoying it until it turned out that a sock account was rigging it for McCain.
However I do want to see it tried again but this time fair.

Maybe we could restart we where except McCain is no longer in the race
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 02:19:06 PM »

I liked the idea of Blue Florida and was enjoying it until it turned out that a sock account was rigging it for McCain.

The threads locked though.

A new thread, I mean, and we link the original game in that thread.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »

The threads locked though.

A new thread, I mean, and we link the original game in that thread.

Sounds fine and dandy. BTW isn’t UWS banned from election and history games?

Yes.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »

would anyone be interested in re-starting the Blue Florida from where we left off before the whole UWS drama? (I wouldn't as I was playing as Bredesen and I think I was doing pretty well.)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 05:19:46 PM »

I guess I could either reserve or Propose this idea:

Provisional Title: "After the New Blue Dog: A 2016 Election Game"

Summary: Based off my surprisingly smash hit of a Timeline "A New Blue Dog for America's Health" (Here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=281052.0), it is the year 2015 and the impressive Presidency of Phil Bredesen has gone by Eventfully and now he is no Longer eligible to run for Office, With both parties hoping to get their own Candidate in the White House.

For the Democrats, currently, with the current President not being allowed to run for another term. With the Vice President, SOS, SOT, and Senator Bernie Sanders taking prominent roles in the Leadership of the party, it seems that the party may have to discover new leadership. With this in mind, the new leader does certainly look to be an establishment Candidate from either the Administration or Congress.

For the Republicans, after two big landslide defeats, they are completely shattered with both outsiders and Establishment Candidates vying for control for the party. With the GOP totally divided, anyone could become the Nominee. The question is, will they be able to re-unite a destroyed party.

With both parties getting ready for war, could a Third Party be able to sneak through and win?

(Things that happen in this game might be retconned in the TL, but everything that happens here will be it's own separate timeline from the TL once it starts)

In Case anyone was wondering, here was the Primaries and the 2012 Election in this version:

2012 DEM Primary:

Pres. Phil Bredesen (D-TN)
Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT)

2012 GOP Primaries:

Former Gov George Pataki (R-NY)
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)

2012 General:

Pres. Phil Bredesen (D-TN)/VP Blanche Lincoln (D-AR): 529/59.8%
Former Governor George Pataki (R-NY)/Former Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK): 9/30.1%

Should I publish this as a game rn or wait for later?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »

with the recent death of The War of the Three Kingdoms, I would like to offer a Historical Alternative for it called
Brother vs Brother

Summary: It is the year 1861 and the American Civil War has just begun. With the United States in chaos over the issue of slavery, France is looking to create their own empire in Mexico while Prussia looks to expand her power in the German Confederation. While this happens, the United States is fighting it's own civil war with the South fighting for her own independence from the United States and preserve her southern culture while the North fights to hold the Union Together. With the world now in chaos and with the ability that anyone may be able to come out on top, the top dog may be the unexpected one.

Important characters will be important Union and Confederate Generals, Otto Von Bismarck, Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Napoleon III, Maximillian von Hapsburg, Alexander II, Franz Josef, and Queen Victoria.

The most important area will be, ofc, the United States though there will be other places to be involved depending on what happens in the region. Factors will include War Exhaustion, the Economy, Starvation, and Manpower.

Will post this game if I get enough of a response.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 10:02:51 AM »

with the recent death of The War of the Three Kingdoms, I would like to offer a Historical Alternative for it called
Brother vs Brother

Summary: It is the year 1861 and the American Civil War has just begun. With the United States in chaos over the issue of slavery, France is looking to create their own empire in Mexico while Prussia looks to expand her power in the German Confederation. While this happens, the United States is fighting it's own civil war with the South fighting for her own independence from the United States and preserve her southern culture while the North fights to hold the Union Together. With the world now in chaos and with the ability that anyone may be able to come out on top, the top dog may be the unexpected one.

Important characters will be important Union and Confederate Generals, Otto Von Bismarck, Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Napoleon III, Maximillian von Hapsburg, Alexander II, Franz Josef, and Queen Victoria.

The most important area will be, ofc, the United States though there will be other places to be involved depending on what happens in the region. Factors will include War Exhaustion, the Economy, Starvation, and Manpower.

Will post this game if I get enough of a response.

I'd definitely be down for this.

I'll post only if a few more people are down for it.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 12:56:52 PM »

I'll post it then and see where it goes.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 11:04:13 AM »

Would anyone be interested in a reboot of my CSA Presidential Election Game which some fixed things as well?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 02:26:51 PM »

How does this sound:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

would anyone be interested in joining?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 04:44:13 PM »

How does this sound:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

would anyone be interested in joining?

also, this would be the primary schedule:

January 13th - Iowa Caucus

January 21st - New Hampshire Primary

January 27th - South Carolina Primary (R)

January 30th - Nevada Caucus (D)

February 4th - Nevada Caucus (R)

February 7th - South Carolina Primary (D)

February 11th - Tennessee Primary, Virginia Primary, Illinois Primary, Alabama Primary, Georgia Primary, MIssissippi Primary, Texas Primary, Colorado Primary (D), Minnesota Primary, Missouri Primary (R), Louisiana Primary, Arkansas Primary, Vermont Primary, Massachussetts Primary, Connecticut Primary (D), Oklahoma Primary (R)

February 14th - Hawaii Primary, Minnesota Primary, Colorado Primary (R), Missouri Primary (D), Guam Primary, U.S. Virgin Islands Primary, Oklahoma (D)

February 19th - Kansas Primary, Nebraska Primary, Michigan Primary, South Dakota Primary (D), Michigan Primary, Wisconsin Primary, Florida Primary, Pennsylvania Primary, New Jersey Primary, Delaware Primary, Maryland Primary, Connecticut Primary (R), Rhode Island Caucus, Maine Caucus

March 7th - Ohio Primary, South Dakota Primary (R), Idaho Primary (D)

March 16th - New York Caucus

March 21st - DC Primary (R), Montana Primary (R)

April 3rd - Montana Primary (D), Oregon Primary

April 23rd - Washington Primary, North Dakota Caucuses, Puerto Rico Primary

May 6th - Idaho Primary (R)

May 16th - Arizona Primary, New Mexico Primary, Kentucky Primary, Indiana Primary

May 23rd - West Virginia Primary, Alaska Primary

June 7th - Utah Primary, California Primary

June 17th - DC Primary (D)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 05:02:01 PM »

Deal. Just write the debates.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 05:03:21 PM »

Deal. I'll do the randomizer. No assassinations though
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 05:57:14 PM »

Maybe we should stop flooding the forum with the same type of games that keep failing. Just a thought.

Please. Gentlemen, do we really need more than one election game running at the same time? It would be much easier to have an active, engaged election game with a large playerbase if there weren't several election games that suffer an early death.

It isn't going to be played until after 2012 is either done or dead. I'm just taking players
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 07:18:09 PM »

More people in one game means more competition and more gameplay overall. We hardly have any candidates who actually ran in the 2012 game.

It isn't going to be played until after 2012 is either done or dead. I'm just taking players

I said it won't start until after 2012 is Done
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »

Bumping this because I'm dying to play a strategy game, just in case there's someone tempted to host.

I might be planning to make a Fantasy Strategy Game soon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 01:23:12 PM »

I might eventually do a 1968 Presidential Election Game. Who would be interested in helping me craft such a game and be a co-mod?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 03:43:12 PM »

All in favor of a 1968 game to get away from Modern Politics?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies