Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:34:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 60137 times)
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« on: April 25, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »

Considering how amazing Concert of Europe was and how disappointed I was when the English Civil War game was cancelled and Windjammer's World War I game was delayed, I believe that someone should make another historical strategy game. My recommendations are a 16th century Italian Wars game, a Thirty Years' War game, or a Louis XIV wars game.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 07:47:20 AM »

I have certain plans for a new, slightly different British 17th century game if there is interest? With players controlling individual political characters rather than whole nations

I'd definitely be interested in such a game.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »

In the case that Dynasties and Empire dies off (which I hope it doesn't), I might have a game ready. But I would need a Co-Mod for it and it would need to be decided from these 7. Whichever one gets the most support, I'll do :

1. Hundred Years War game
2. Eighty Years War game
3. Seven Years War game
4. American Revolution game
5. EU4 Game (1444-1821) game
6. Fall of Rome game
7. War of the Spanish Succession game

Remember, when the one with the most support is decided, I will only post if D&E is officially dead. I won't dare try and run a game separate from it at the same time and I would need a co-mod for it.

I would hate to see Dynasties and Empires die off, but Lumine's prolonged absence has got me worried. In the event of its demise, I would love to play one of those games, especially 80 Years' War, War of the Spanish Succession, or Hundred Years' War. I'd also be tempted to co-host, but I have no idea how hosting works and I'd need to be taught from scratch. It has always been a goal of mine to host a 17th century game.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 02:58:12 PM »

Same crossed fingers and held breath re: dynasties but - I’d be tempted by 100 years’ war, seven years’ war, fall of Rome or Spanish Succession. And I still have ambitions to start an English civil war game when Lord of the Crossing finishes!

Edit: or eighty now I’ve looked up and seen it means Dutch Rebellion, cool!!

I'm honored that I seem to be garnering interest so I might do a thread poll that will close in a week or two for the game that I might do so it can be put up to a vote. Would that sound alright?

Good idea. You should do it. Maybe make it a little shorter than 1-2 weeks though.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2018, 01:12:01 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

Although Dynasties and Empires has yet to finish, and afterwards NTP's game will presumably occur, I'd like to reserve a game for future use:

King and Country

In 1669, Europe is at a crossroads. Although it has been over 20 years since the Peace of Westphalia, Germany has yet to fully recover. The fortunes of the House of Habsburg are being eclipsed by a rising French hegemony, and some fear that Louis XIV, the "Sun King" of France, may attempt to establish a universal monarchy on the lines of Charles V's over a century earlier.

Meanwhile, religious differences are largely being displaced by political and commercial interests. Reasons of state are now more important than ever. The notion of a "balance of power" is also just beginning to be established. In the Age of Absolutism, the fate of Europe depends on the whims of the crowned heads.

Some of the playable characters would include Louis XIV, Charles II of England, the Spanish, Portuguese, and Swedish regents, Leopold I, Johan de Witt, Mehmed IV, and more.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:14 PM »

At this point, Age of Revolutions may end up dying out. It would be an unfortunate and tragic end indeed, for such a promising game to end after just one turn. But if indeed the game meets its demise, I might like to host my King and Country game that I proposed earlier in the thread. Would anyone be interested in that?
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:50:13 AM »

Actually, I don't think I have the time or energy to host a game at the present moment. Sawx can take the next spot if he wants.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 07:00:28 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2019, 07:08:53 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

There are three game ideas I am currently working:

1) The War of 1812. The British have just burned Washington to the ground, forcing President Madison to flee the city. How does this war progress? Has the American experiment failed? Meanwhile, war rages in Europe, with the British fighting Napoleon's French Empire on the continent as the Frenchman looks to build an empire from Iberia to Siberia.

2) A New Era. Set in 1901, just after the death of Queen Victoria. The young King Edward VII sits on the British throne as fissures in the great British Empire began to develop. How will he respond to these challenges and set himself apart from his mighty mother? Across the Atlantic, the American President William McKinley is seeking to build an empire of his own and has come into conflict with the Spanish in the process while also having to deal with a rise in radical labor at home.

3) Gods and Men. It is 1630 1660. King Charles II has just reclaimed the throne of England in the name of his late father. Now he must deal with rebuilding his kingdom, as well as dealing with matters of faith, as rumors abound that he harbors Catholic sentiments. The tides are also turning in foreign policy, as the Anglo-Dutch alliance established under Queen Elizabeth is fraying and there is support growing for a pro-French policy in court.

Does anyone have any thoughts or input as to what idea they like the most (or dislike the most)?

Well, the last idea sounds very similar to my proposed game, but since I don't have time to host I would indeed like to play in your version of the game. I'd certainly prefer it over the other two proposals. As a sidenote, I chose 1669 because it seemed to make more sense to me to choose a year in which Europe was at peace, but 1660 works too.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 09:28:47 PM »

Would people rather see a new nation game a la Dynasties and Empires or a new mock parliament a la The Great Experiment? I'm very open, and interested, in moving down either path.

I think that the nation game, if that's the path, would be a War of 1812/Napoleonic game.

I would rather play the War of 1812 game.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 12:39:26 PM »

As an aside, I also think a 1720s game could prove to be quite interesting. An underrated period, it saw a break from usual 18th century fare due to the French and British, enemies throughout all the rest of the century, forming an alliance against the Austrians and Spanish.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 11:16:45 PM »

I think I may finally have some time to host a game, though that time may run out in about a month (though if I start the game soon and it continues longer than a month, that'd be fine). Therefore, I'd like to host King and Country (which has been moved from 1669 to 1670) relatively soon. I'm about 1/4th done with the initial prompts. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the new ASOIAF game. I'd also need some help learning how to host, so I'll probably reach out to some people via PM and get a co-host to be in charge of mapping.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 08:16:17 PM »

How does the idea of an Elder Scrolls Game taking place immediately after the events of the full game, excluding the Skyrim Civil War, sound?

You could play as the Argonians, Dark Elves, Stormcloaks, Altmer, Wood Elves, Redguards, Bretons, The Khajit, The Orcs, and the Empire and weave your way through political crises, war, and intrigue in the world of Tamriel. And, because I really am focused on being fair, I'll give hints about the crisis for the next turn in the form of riddles in a PM. And since I have little to no interest in interfering, I won't touch the game outside of writing midturns and writing the new turns and post turns in a non-biased way with a cohost to help me in that sense.

If anyone is interested in being a probable co-host and making sure I don't go dumb in the game, please message me. If anyone is interested in seeing the game, lemme know.

That actually sounds awesome and I would definitely like to play. Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind are all great games.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 01:45:36 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2019, 02:00:36 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

It may be excessive optimism on my behalf, but despite facing an unyielding amount of RL pressure since March it seems likely pressure will return to normal on July-August, hence allowing me to make an attempt at hosting something (possibly an ASOIAF Game, something UK-based or re-starting one of the games I suspended due to RL issues).

(It's all really hypothetical, but if someone is interested in suggestions I'd love to hear them)

I would love to play Dynasties and Empires again if you were able to rehost it, though it's also possible Spamage could host a third Concert of Europe game around that time. Additionally, I'm considering hosting another game (the 1725 one I mentioned earlier), so I'd like to shamelessly advertise here to ask if anyone would be willing to serve as an assistant GM to be in charge of military affairs and mapping. I'd only host though if I'm sure that it wouldn't conflict with either your game or Spamage's.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »

I'm getting the itch to host a game again, and it's becoming increasingly hard to ignore. My idea this time is for a game set in 1683, with the provisional title of Catastrophe Mundi, the name of a contemporaneous pamphlet of astrological predictions that, among other things, foresaw an Ottoman conquest of all of western Europe.

Now, I know we are in a pandemic at the moment, which may have been the main reason my last game failed. However, I believe that this game has some advantages that my previous one lacked. In my judgement, King and Country failed in part because it was set in a relatively insignificant and uneventful year, thus dampening player enthusiasm from the beginning. This game, on the other hand, has the advantage of being set on the eve of the Battle of Vienna, an exciting scenario that could promote greater player engagement.

So, if enough people express interest and I can find a co-GM again, let's get started!
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 12:16:07 PM »

It was overly ambitious of me to think I'd be able to host a game at this time, so I'll be moving my 1683 game idea into reserve for later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies