Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:38:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59270 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 25, 2018, 08:19:32 PM »
« edited: December 25, 2018, 08:24:02 PM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

Who would be down for an althist game? It's loosely based off of an old EU3 game I had as Poland, and will be largely influenced by OTL events. Some of the people will be familiar.

You've got 3 choices:

1. Full restart from 1836. Most of the theater is in northern Erikssonia, with a dispute over the Aroostook Territory in OTL Maine, Teian independence, Jerusalemite colonization plans, and Russian and French plans to colonize central Asia. There's a bit more room to go off and freelance here.

2. We continue on from where the guys on AAD left off in 1842 (along with a simulated turn). Here, the Aroostook War would be an Erikssonian victory, Teias would already have seceded, and the fracturing of the Sikh Empire creates an interesting power dynamic in India. Also, Louisiana and Scandinavia are reaching a crisis point in Oregon Country, which may take a turn for the worst. In essence, it would be a continuation of my game in AAD.

3. We do a time-skip to 1850. The Crimean War probably won't happen - nobody really cares that Russia expanded into Georgia, and the Intermarium has its own problems to deal with. Interesting features are Louisiana dealing with the newfound abolitionist movement in the Rust Belt, Jerusalem's impending colonization plan, Russia's modernization, the expansion of the Brasiglian Empire in South America, and the start of the Taiping Rebellion in Asia. This is a bit more structured.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:04:12 PM »

I'm drafting up a new type of game - a world-building game.

Basically, instead of being given a historical scenario and building off of it, we start from scratch. Everyone picks their own nation on a map, their own capital, and builds from there. In essence, instead of me giving people prompts, it's completely open-world. If there aren't enough players, I'll make up NPCs.

I'm not sure if the EU3 game I previously mentioned is more interesting, but I'd like to see the world-building tried out (maybe after Spamage does it).
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:49:27 PM »

At this point, Age of Revolutions may end up dying out. It would be an unfortunate and tragic end indeed, for such a promising game to end after just one turn. But if indeed the game meets its demise, I might like to host my King and Country game that I proposed earlier in the thread. Would anyone be interested in that?

I'd let you take the next spot, ftr. My intention's obviously not to screw NTP over.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 03:14:25 AM »

Napoleonic setting seems damn cool

Actually, I don't think I have the time or energy to host a game at the present moment. Sawx can take the next spot if he wants.

I'm not taking the next spot. After the hell I raised, it'd be in very, very poor taste.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies