Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:39:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59224 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 19, 2018, 10:43:35 PM »

I'd recommend a 2020 game...though I don't want to run it, and ideally it shouldn't start until after the midterms.

Someone would have to agree to play as Delaney too, as he's already in the race.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 11:30:00 PM »

Considering how amazing Concert of Europe was and how disappointed I was when the English Civil War game was cancelled and Windjammer's World War I game was delayed, I believe that someone should make another historical strategy game. My recommendations are a 16th century Italian Wars game, a Thirty Years' War game, or a Louis XIV wars game.

Personally, I'd like a World War II game, if only for the concept of actually being able to play as Hitler.

I'd never be able to run it, though...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 08:52:20 PM »

Currently in the works of a 2016 election game now that the low quality posters seem to have faded away. Stay tuned.

Depending on the scenario, I might be interested...

I'm always up for playing as Hillary/Warren/Biden/ etc.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 09:20:26 PM »

Currently in the works of a 2016 election game now that the low quality posters seem to have faded away. Stay tuned.

Depending on the scenario, I might be interested...

I'm always up for playing as Hillary/Warren/Biden/ etc.

I'll start working on it soon, unless someone else wants to take a shot at running it.

I wouldn't mind attempting to run the game...but I wouldn't be particularly good at it either, so I'd need a co-GM. If you were interested in doing that (or if NHI was, as I like when he does election games) I'd be happy to to at least co-run the game, doing the Democratic Primary, and being partially responsible for a general election should we get there.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 10:02:11 PM »

I have been wanting to try to lead an election game. I would probably do a 2020 election where the GOP lost in 2016. Not sure how I could make that really interesting and give a balance in terms of party competition. Its just an idea floating around for now though.

Assuming you plan on having Hillary as President in that scenario, I would be happy to sign on as an incumbent President Clinton.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 06:40:38 PM »

Would anyone be interested in a 1976 game? It was an interesting election, and has a lot of potential for primary clown cars and independent candidacies.
I have always hoped for a ‘76 race to be tried

Can we finish the several games we have?

Besides, I'd like to do a 1992 game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 07:59:07 PM »

I am thinking of doing a 2018 midterm election game where you are a high profile surrogate for any of the four main parties (Dem, GOP, Lib, Green) and it will start in August and every turn will be two weeks so six turns in total. Your goal is to win or retain the house, Senate and the governor's house

Would anyone play?

I'd play, I'd wait until 2004 2020 and 1968 are all over though

It's a creative idea, but we'd probably have to start somewhere before Election Day 2017, so we can include the Virginia and New Jersey Gubernatorial races (because those are really important too).

If we did that, I'd happily call either Barack Obama or Joe Biden, because they are the Democrats strongest surrogates who are not up for election (though Biden would at least have to think about about a possible Presidential run).

Also, if we did this, we could agree to continue on to the 2020 elections afterward, doing both the Presidential and Congressional/Gubernatorial races.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 09:00:49 PM »

With Out to Pasture nearing completion, I might do a 2012 Election Game, though I'd probably need a moderator to help me with some of the things that happened and I'll change a few things from 2008 and 2010 to make it somewhat different from the others (Mostly, it'll be the changing of certain Senate/House Races that were extremely close in OTL but flipped D/remained D (Such as AK, MN, and OR Sen 2008, DE Special Sen (Mike Castle). CO, NV, and WA SEN 2010 as well AZ-07, CA-11, CA-20, CT-04, CT-05, GA-02, HI-01, IA-01, IA-02, IA-03, KY-06, MA-10, MI-09, MN-01, MO-03, NM-01, NY-01, NY-04, NY-22, NY-23, NC-07, OR-05, PA-04, PA-12, RI-01, UT-02, VA-11, WA-02, and WI-03 in 2010, bringing the Senate Composition to 54 R, 46 D and the House Composition to 271 R and 164 D (I flipped the 2010 House races that were between 0.1-7%, though if this is a bit too much, I'll shave a few of the House flips off, though 2010 was a really bad year for Democrats across the board and the three 2008 races were between 1-3%, which could flip had a candidate done something differently)). I'll probably look for a co-host to help with the ideas and such and I do have a two-three people on my mind for that and I'll let them know if enough people say that this sounds like an interesting idea. Also, Obama, as well as the OTL Republican Candidates, will be barred from being a potential candidate that year to add more uniqueness to the campaign.

For anyone curious, CT, MA, MN, OR, and RI Gov flip Republican/Remain Republican.

I'd be interested co-hosting, or playing in the Democratic Primary in such a game (goodness knows my Hillary and Biden skills haven't gotten enough of a test).

That said, you probably should reconsider barring the real-life Republican candidates from running (with the exception of Romney, perhaps). A successful Gingrich campaign, or a successful Santorum campaign could be very interesting with the right player.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 09:44:51 PM »

I'm contemplating hosting an election game for the first time.

I would require an experienced co-mod (so maybe Lumine, NHI, Cabbage etc.), and several possible players.

The game would be set in 2020. I would appreciate advice on whether I should go forward, and whether, if I do go forward with this idea, to make Trump an available candidate.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 11:53:18 AM »

I've been thinking of doing a Keys game taking place in either the 1960, 1968, 1980, or 2000 Elections, with the latter going to 2032. I won't start this game until maybe October or November, but I'll like to see some thoughts on this game idea.

I was a big fan of the first KttWH game and it's a shame it petered out.

Same. I was also thinking of doing a reboot of my Troubling Times game with the only catch being that the otl candidates/major candidates can't run, unless you're choosing to run as George Wallace. So that means no Nixon, Rockefeller, Reagan, Kennedy, Johnson, Humphrey, or McCarthy, which opens up the field quite a bit more.

Reagan was barely a factor in 1968. He should be allowed to run.

Also, replace someone on that list of Democrats with LBJ, given you seem to be implying he would be allowed to run (as the incumbent President, he'd start with a big advantage, assuming he could get through the primary)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 06:35:44 PM »

I would be interested.

You'd have to do a 2022 Midterm in some form (maybe in the signup sheet).

If you need a co-mod, I could help, and I'd be willing to play as well (just not as Biden, as I genuinely think he's too old to seriously be considering running for reelection.)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 07:44:24 PM »

I would be interested.

You'd have to do a 2022 Midterm in some form (maybe in the signup sheet).

If you need a co-mod, I could help, and I'd be willing to play as well (just not as Biden, as I genuinely think he's too old to seriously be considering running for reelection.)
I will write a sign up sheet soon. And yes, Biden is not running again, nor is former President Trump. The primaries need to be kept interesting.

I don't know...I think Trump should be playable (if only because it would be really out of character for him not to run in 2024.)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »

Depending on what happens with Revolution and The Lamps are Going Out (which is say, if they continue and only once they're over) I'd like to attempt a traditional nation game.

Giving serious thought to a WWII game as it hasn't been attempted, though I am not sure what the ideal starting date would be. Considering July 1940 for a proper war game, or 1933/1936/1939 as pre-war starts, with the only main issue being the problem of excessive player hindsight.

1939 would be great, and I'd like to claim Hitler in advance.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2021, 10:08:51 PM »

Depending on what happens with Revolution and The Lamps are Going Out (which is say, if they continue and only once they're over) I'd like to attempt a traditional nation game.

Giving serious thought to a WWII game as it hasn't been attempted, though I am not sure what the ideal starting date would be. Considering July 1940 for a proper war game, or 1933/1936/1939 as pre-war starts, with the only main issue being the problem of excessive player hindsight.

Update to this: after some meditation (and very useful advice) I have decided indeed on The Gathering Storm (1939) as my next project, though it will include a couple of new rules for the sake of balance (I won't be allowing claims just yet, sorry NYE).

I'll move forward with it once YPestis's 1914 project is successfully completed.

It looks like YPestis's 1914 project won't be getting off the ground, unfortunately.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 07:22:12 AM »

Once again, I'm toying with the idea of a Presidential Election game. I'd likely set it in 2012, with John McCain as the incumbent President.

I'd want an experienced GM to assist me, so please PM me if you are interested.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2022, 04:56:19 AM »

I'd be willing to kick the tires on another election game.

This would basically be a 2024 game (Without Biden. Trump would be an eligible candidate, but I'd discourage players from picking him, as that would make the Republican Primary very noncompetitive.).

I feel more comfortable doing a 2024 game now that we know the general congressional map (minus a few states).

I'd like experienced players to assist in GM'ing as well as be willing to play.

Please PM me with your interest so I can get started with the sign-up thread (I'm not going to post sign-up until I have several commitments from players)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2022, 01:20:55 AM »

Would anyone be interested in any of the following, and if so, which one(s)?

1. Senate/House/Gubernatorial election game where each player plays a candidate.

2. Election game set in a fictional city or state, most likely in an otherwise butterfly-free 'real' world. Most likely, it'd be a Senate or Gubernatorial scenario. It would use plausible custom characters.

3. 2024 presidential election game set in an alternate timeline where party control is 'inversed.' That is, a Dem is president from 2001-2009, a Rep from 2009-2017, a Dem from 2017-2021, and an older Rep who retires for the sake of the game from 2021-2025. This relatively simple alternate timeline results in players being allowed to use versions of real politicians with alternate careers, even though using ones with their OTL career paths shouldn't be an issue either.

I'd be open to either one or three. Though for three, it would make sense, to just use Gore, McCain, Clinton and Trump for the presidents in question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies