Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:26:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59180 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 25, 2018, 08:19:32 PM »
« edited: December 25, 2018, 08:24:02 PM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

Who would be down for an althist game? It's loosely based off of an old EU3 game I had as Poland, and will be largely influenced by OTL events. Some of the people will be familiar.

You've got 3 choices:

1. Full restart from 1836. Most of the theater is in northern Erikssonia, with a dispute over the Aroostook Territory in OTL Maine, Teian independence, Jerusalemite colonization plans, and Russian and French plans to colonize central Asia. There's a bit more room to go off and freelance here.

2. We continue on from where the guys on AAD left off in 1842 (along with a simulated turn). Here, the Aroostook War would be an Erikssonian victory, Teias would already have seceded, and the fracturing of the Sikh Empire creates an interesting power dynamic in India. Also, Louisiana and Scandinavia are reaching a crisis point in Oregon Country, which may take a turn for the worst. In essence, it would be a continuation of my game in AAD.

3. We do a time-skip to 1850. The Crimean War probably won't happen - nobody really cares that Russia expanded into Georgia, and the Intermarium has its own problems to deal with. Interesting features are Louisiana dealing with the newfound abolitionist movement in the Rust Belt, Jerusalem's impending colonization plan, Russia's modernization, the expansion of the Brasiglian Empire in South America, and the start of the Taiping Rebellion in Asia. This is a bit more structured.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2018, 01:12:01 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

Although Dynasties and Empires has yet to finish, and afterwards NTP's game will presumably occur, I'd like to reserve a game for future use:

King and Country

In 1669, Europe is at a crossroads. Although it has been over 20 years since the Peace of Westphalia, Germany has yet to fully recover. The fortunes of the House of Habsburg are being eclipsed by a rising French hegemony, and some fear that Louis XIV, the "Sun King" of France, may attempt to establish a universal monarchy on the lines of Charles V's over a century earlier.

Meanwhile, religious differences are largely being displaced by political and commercial interests. Reasons of state are now more important than ever. The notion of a "balance of power" is also just beginning to be established. In the Age of Absolutism, the fate of Europe depends on the whims of the crowned heads.

Some of the playable characters would include Louis XIV, Charles II of England, the Spanish, Portuguese, and Swedish regents, Leopold I, Johan de Witt, Mehmed IV, and more.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2018, 05:37:39 PM »

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of the huge nation sim games that use to exist in the early to late 2000's like Qpawn, Nations, SPC: Classic, Alodia and a lot of others. I use to love playing them when I was younger and was even a moderator and admin on a few and got really bummed they died out. Would anyone be interested in a revival of some sort of game like that?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2018, 06:01:46 PM »

HW, would def love to play Charles II in your scenario!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2019, 12:36:47 PM »

I am thinking of doing a 2018 midterm election game where you are a high profile surrogate for any of the four main parties (Dem, GOP, Lib, Green) and it will start in August and every turn will be two weeks so six turns in total. Your goal is to win or retain the house, Senate and the governor's house

Would anyone play?
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2019, 04:27:09 PM »

I am thinking of doing a 2018 midterm election game where you are a high profile surrogate for any of the four main parties (Dem, GOP, Lib, Green) and it will start in August and every turn will be two weeks so six turns in total. Your goal is to win or retain the house, Senate and the governor's house

Would anyone play?

I'll consider it. Would you be able to play as a Candidate for a race?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2019, 05:03:40 PM »

Would anyone play?

I'd play, I'd wait until 2004 2020 and 1968 are all over though
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2019, 06:42:01 PM »

Would anyone play?

Yeah, here’s an example: you play as Elizabeth Warren so you try to win both your race but you also a surrogate to win back congress
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2019, 06:51:13 PM »

Would anyone play?

Yeah, here’s an example: you play as Elizabeth Warren so you try to win both your race but you also a surrogate to win back congress

Interesting. Would you be able to be your own created surrogate?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »

Would anyone play?

Interesting. Would you be able to be your own created surrogate?
No, just prominent figures in 2018 politics
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2019, 07:59:07 PM »

Would anyone play?

It's a creative idea, but we'd probably have to start somewhere before Election Day 2017, so we can include the Virginia and New Jersey Gubernatorial races (because those are really important too).

If we did that, I'd happily call either Barack Obama or Joe Biden, because they are the Democrats strongest surrogates who are not up for election (though Biden would at least have to think about about a possible Presidential run).

Also, if we did this, we could agree to continue on to the 2020 elections afterward, doing both the Presidential and Congressional/Gubernatorial races.
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.50, S: -8.50

« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2019, 09:15:40 PM »

A few years ago On AH.com, a member by the name of Ghazghull made a very in depth election game based around President Infinity. It was utterly amazing, while I doubt we could duplicate it, it would nevertheless remain pretty interesting.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2019, 09:26:31 PM »

A few years ago On AH.com, a member by the name of Ghazghull made a very in depth election game based around President Infinity. It was utterly amazing, while I doubt we could duplicate it, it would nevertheless remain pretty interesting.

AH.com is pretty great
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2019, 09:49:43 PM »

AH.com is pretty great
All I can say is that there's a lot of great people on there. I have a different opinion on the management, that's all I'll say.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2019, 09:55:21 PM »

AH.com is pretty great
All I can say is that there's a lot of great people on there. I have a different opinion on the management, that's all I'll say.

The management there is awful, I was reading a timeline. A poster was muted for a week, for apart of the timeline. It was the US giving Fonda the death penalty for aiding the Vietamanese. I think it was Cal Bear?
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2019, 10:33:55 PM »

AH.com is pretty great

The management there is awful, I was reading a timeline. A poster was muted for a week, for apart of the timeline. It was the US giving Fonda the death penalty for aiding the Vietamanese. I think it was Cal Bear?
You know this isn't a really great place to discuss.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2019, 11:38:49 PM »

Would anyone play?

It's a creative idea, but we'd probably have to start somewhere before Election Day 2017, so we can include the Virginia and New Jersey Gubernatorial races (because those are really important too).

If we did that, I'd happily call either Barack Obama or Joe Biden, because they are the Democrats strongest surrogates who are not up for election (though Biden would at least have to think about about a possible Presidential run).

Also, if we did this, we could agree to continue on to the 2020 elections afterward, doing both the Presidential and Congressional/Gubernatorial races.
That would be better but turns would be a month then. That would allow influence over the primaries too especially close ones like Ohio Senate, Florida Governors and Tennesee Governors
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2019, 11:49:27 PM »

I think a 2018 midterms game would be interesting, but I really like the aspect of featuring 2017 especially. Maybe have it start a week after Trump's inaguration. I have to admit I'd only be in to it if we could have OCs and maybe the option of running in special elections and the New Jersey and Virginia gubernatorial elections along with primaries.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2019, 10:04:12 PM »

I'm drafting up a new type of game - a world-building game.

Basically, instead of being given a historical scenario and building off of it, we start from scratch. Everyone picks their own nation on a map, their own capital, and builds from there. In essence, instead of me giving people prompts, it's completely open-world. If there aren't enough players, I'll make up NPCs.

I'm not sure if the EU3 game I previously mentioned is more interesting, but I'd like to see the world-building tried out (maybe after Spamage does it).
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2019, 10:07:53 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of world games. I'm more interested in election games.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:31 PM »

I think a 2018 midterms game would be interesting, but I really like the aspect of featuring 2017 especially. Maybe have it start a week after Trump's inaguration. I have to admit I'd only be in to it if we could have OCs and maybe the option of running in special elections and the New Jersey and Virginia gubernatorial elections along with primaries.

How do you think a midterms game would work? It does sound rather interesting. We could form teams of players, maybe, and have them be candidates with team leaders (Pelosi and Trump, maybe), and the other players play as candidates. It sounds pretty fun, actually. I'd be down for being Pelosi.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:14 PM »

At this point, Age of Revolutions may end up dying out. It would be an unfortunate and tragic end indeed, for such a promising game to end after just one turn. But if indeed the game meets its demise, I might like to host my King and Country game that I proposed earlier in the thread. Would anyone be interested in that?
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2019, 10:24:38 PM »

How do you think a midterms game would work? It does sound rather interesting. We could form teams of players, maybe, and have them be candidates with team leaders (Pelosi and Trump, maybe), and the other players play as candidates. It sounds pretty fun, actually. I'd be down for being Pelosi.

Have you ever played President Infinity? Something like that with fundraising, ads, organization... something like that. Throw some RNG content in there. I like the idea of teams too. Maybe by party and or caucuses. Progressives, Blue Dogs, Neo-Cons, whatever you call a Trump-aligned ideology, et cetera. There was a game called President Infinity: The Race to the White House - A Political RPG​ on AH, I'd we should look in to that for some ideas. Unfortunately I can't access that thread because I'm no longer a member of AH.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2019, 10:49:27 PM »

At this point, Age of Revolutions may end up dying out. It would be an unfortunate and tragic end indeed, for such a promising game to end after just one turn. But if indeed the game meets its demise, I might like to host my King and Country game that I proposed earlier in the thread. Would anyone be interested in that?

I'd let you take the next spot, ftr. My intention's obviously not to screw NTP over.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2019, 08:32:50 AM »

I reiterate drooling interest, especially in Charles II!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies