Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:15:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59177 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2020, 11:29:13 AM »
« edited: May 30, 2020, 02:03:35 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

With Out to Pasture nearing completion, I might do a 2012 Election Game, though I'd probably need a moderator to help me with some of the things that happened and I'll change a few things from 2008 and 2010 to make it somewhat different from the others (Mostly, it'll be the changing of certain Senate/House Races that were extremely close in OTL but flipped D/remained D (Such as AK, MN, and OR Sen 2008, DE Special Sen (Mike Castle). CO, NV, and WA SEN 2010 as well AZ-07, CA-11, CA-20, CT-04, CT-05, GA-02, HI-01, IA-01, IA-02, IA-03, KY-06, MA-10, MI-09, MN-01, MO-03, NM-01, NY-01, NY-04, NY-22, NY-23, NC-07, OR-05, PA-04, PA-12, RI-01, UT-02, VA-11, WA-02, and WI-03 in 2010, bringing the Senate Composition to 54 R, 46 D and the House Composition to 271 R and 164 D (I flipped the 2010 House races that were between 0.1-7%, though if this is a bit too much, I'll shave a few of the House flips off, though 2010 was a really bad year for Democrats across the board and the three 2008 races were between 1-3%, which could flip had a candidate done something differently)). I'll probably look for a co-host to help with the ideas and such and I do have a two-three people on my mind for that and I'll let them know if enough people say that this sounds like an interesting idea. Also, Obama, as well as the OTL Republican Candidates, will be barred from being a potential candidate that year to add more uniqueness to the campaign.

For anyone curious, CT, MA, MN, OR, and RI Gov flip Republican/Remain Republican.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2020, 09:03:38 PM »

With Out to Pasture nearing completion, I might do a 2012 Election Game, though I'd probably need a moderator to help me with some of the things that happened and I'll change a few things from 2008 and 2010 to make it somewhat different from the others (Mostly, it'll be the changing of certain Senate/House Races that were extremely close in OTL but flipped D/remained D (Such as AK, MN, and OR Sen 2008, DE Special Sen (Mike Castle). CO, NV, and WA SEN 2010 as well AZ-07, CA-11, CA-20, CT-04, CT-05, GA-02, HI-01, IA-01, IA-02, IA-03, KY-06, MA-10, MI-09, MN-01, MO-03, NM-01, NY-01, NY-04, NY-22, NY-23, NC-07, OR-05, PA-04, PA-12, RI-01, UT-02, VA-11, WA-02, and WI-03 in 2010, bringing the Senate Composition to 54 R, 46 D and the House Composition to 271 R and 164 D (I flipped the 2010 House races that were between 0.1-7%, though if this is a bit too much, I'll shave a few of the House flips off, though 2010 was a really bad year for Democrats across the board and the three 2008 races were between 1-3%, which could flip had a candidate done something differently)). I'll probably look for a co-host to help with the ideas and such and I do have a two-three people on my mind for that and I'll let them know if enough people say that this sounds like an interesting idea. Also, Obama, as well as the OTL Republican Candidates, will be barred from being a potential candidate that year to add more uniqueness to the campaign.

For anyone curious, CT, MA, MN, OR, and RI Gov flip Republican/Remain Republican.

I'd be interested co-hosting, or playing in the Democratic Primary in such a game (goodness knows my Hillary and Biden skills haven't gotten enough of a test).

That said, you probably should reconsider barring the real-life Republican candidates from running (with the exception of Romney, perhaps). A successful Gingrich campaign, or a successful Santorum campaign could be very interesting with the right player.

Fair Point, so I might add in both men. I already contacted the last person on my list on if they want to be a co-mod or not, so I'll contact you on that but in the meantime, in the case they say yes, just PM who you'd like to be.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2020, 08:23:22 PM »

Don't have the free time now, but I've been debating doing a KttWH game starting in 1788 in my royalist America timeline. George Washington would be the king (because duh), and the Constitution would have the following edits:

• The executive branch now consists of the king (elected for life by both chambers of Congress [i.e. must pass through both chambers by a majority vote]; likely to change to a popular vote once that stops being viewed as mob rule) and the prime minister (elected in the same way as an OTL president, except early on each elector only gets one vote). Prime Minister appoints a deputy upon taking off, but unlike our timeline, said deputy does not need to be from a different state than prime minister. This deputy is effectively vice president.
  • King is Head of State and Commander-in-Chief; Prime Minister is Head of Government.
  • While impeachment and overriding of veto against the Prime Minister are the same as OTL president, the king holds absolute veto power, but can be ousted by what's known as the doctrine of sic semper tyrannis, wherein a vote of three quarters of both chambers of Congress (or a two thirds vote in both chambers backed up by a simple majority of Supreme Court Justices) accusing the king of "tyranny, incapacity to fulfill his duties, treason, bribery, or high crimes and misdemeanors" will result in the king being overthrown and a new one being elected.
  • Everything else is pretty much the same.

The game would open on the leadup to the first prime ministerial election, with players free to form their own factions to morph into political parties, coax major political players of the day to their side, and, as time goes on, help to shape the young new kingdom (although no, you will not be allowed to get rid of the monarchy). Won't be up until at least August, and maybe later than that.

that sounds like an interesting idea. I might be down to play it. If you need any help with potential foreign events for it, feel free to contact me as this could lead to a radically different world by 1800 alone.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »

Don't have the free time now, but I've been debating doing a KttWH game starting in 1788 in my royalist America timeline. George Washington would be the king (because duh), and the Constitution would have the following edits:

• The executive branch now consists of the king (elected for life by both chambers of Congress [i.e. must pass through both chambers by a majority vote]; likely to change to a popular vote once that stops being viewed as mob rule) and the prime minister (elected in the same way as an OTL president, except early on each elector only gets one vote). Prime Minister appoints a deputy upon taking off, but unlike our timeline, said deputy does not need to be from a different state than prime minister. This deputy is effectively vice president.
  • King is Head of State and Commander-in-Chief; Prime Minister is Head of Government.
  • While impeachment and overriding of veto against the Prime Minister are the same as OTL president, the king holds absolute veto power, but can be ousted by what's known as the doctrine of sic semper tyrannis, wherein a vote of three quarters of both chambers of Congress (or a two thirds vote in both chambers backed up by a simple majority of Supreme Court Justices) accusing the king of "tyranny, incapacity to fulfill his duties, treason, bribery, or high crimes and misdemeanors" will result in the king being overthrown and a new one being elected.
  • Everything else is pretty much the same.

The game would open on the leadup to the first prime ministerial election, with players free to form their own factions to morph into political parties, coax major political players of the day to their side, and, as time goes on, help to shape the young new kingdom (although no, you will not be allowed to get rid of the monarchy). Won't be up until at least August, and maybe later than that.

that sounds like an interesting idea. I might be down to play it. If you need any help with potential foreign events for it, feel free to contact me as this could lead to a radically different world by 1800 alone.

I was hoping either you or UWS (or both) could help with the alternate historical aspect.

Sure, I'd be glad to. Just send me a message on Discord when you want any potential questions.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2020, 11:46:49 AM »

I've been thinking of doing a Keys game taking place in either the 1960, 1968, 1980, or 2000 Elections, with the latter going to 2032. I won't start this game until maybe October or November, but I'll like to see some thoughts on this game idea.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2020, 11:48:25 AM »

I've been thinking of doing a Keys game taking place in either the 1960, 1968, 1980, or 2000 Elections, with the latter going to 2032. I won't start this game until maybe October or November, but I'll like to see some thoughts on this game idea.

I was a big fan of the first KttWH game and it's a shame it petered out.

Same. I was also thinking of doing a reboot of my Troubling Times game with the only catch being that the otl candidates/major candidates can't run, unless you're choosing to run as George Wallace. So that means no Nixon, Rockefeller, Reagan, Kennedy, Johnson, Humphrey, or McCarthy, which opens up the field quite a bit more.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2020, 11:57:42 AM »

I was a big fan of the first KttWH game and it's a shame it petered out.

Same. I was also thinking of doing a reboot of my Troubling Times game with the only catch being that the otl candidates/major candidates can't run, unless you're choosing to run as George Wallace. So that means no Nixon, Rockefeller, Reagan, Kennedy, Johnson, Humphrey, or McCarthy, which opens up the field quite a bit more.

Reagan was barely a factor in 1968. He should be allowed to run.

Also, replace someone on that list of Democrats with LBJ, given you seem to be implying he would be allowed to run (as the incumbent President, he'd start with a big advantage, assuming he could get through the primary)

I said Johnson, meaning LBJ. But I'll include Reagan. I might start the game tomorrow or the day after. We'll see
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2020, 07:45:53 PM »

After the Midterm Games and other such games end, I might try and do an alternate 2004 Presidential Election Game where Colin Powell beat Bill Clinton in 1996 and served two terms in the White House and in this universe, there is no 22nd, so a player could choose to play as the popular President Colin Powell running for a Third Term, the first President to do so since FDR's successful 1940 bid, or stay out of the race and not endorse anyone. As for the most likely candidates for both parties, there's 2 term New York Senator John F. Kennedy Jr., Massachusetts Governor John Kerry, House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt of Missouri, Senator John Edwards of North Carolina, Senator Hillary Clinton of Arkansas, and Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut for the Democrats and Vice President Trent Lott, Florida Senator Joe Scarborough, Texas Governor George W. Bush, Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson, NY Senator Rudy Giulani, Senator Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, and Senator Spencer Abraham of Michigan for the Republicans.

I'll develop this further with someone to help me, I might get in contact with Cabbage to help, idk. But if anyone wants to reserve someone, just message me and we'll have it reserved in the document.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2020, 01:23:51 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2020, 04:55:57 PM by Huey Long is a Republican »

I might do an AH 1976 Game where Agnew is forced to resign early in 1971, Nixon replaces him with Gerald Ford, Nixon is assassinated in January but Ford rejects a run and instead pushes the Liberal Edward Brooke, who is convinced to select Howard Baker as a running mate. They go on to win 1972 in a landslide with Brooke being the first AA president in History. TTL's america is different as there is no major Watergate scandal and has a very different political world. Ofc, I'll need someone to help me build it. Would anyone be interested in helping me make the Timeline?

EDIT : I'm also thinking about doing a 1940 KttWH game where FDR doesn't run, probably going to do a poll on that now. I'll see what ya'll think.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2022, 01:54:57 PM »

Thinking about doing an Alternate Alabama Special Senate Election in 2018 where someone who's been in the Senate since 1931 dies and so the Primary is a wide open Jungle Primary and election to replace him with 5-7 rounds.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2022, 11:18:34 AM »

I have an idea for a game. Alternate Universe where Gore won NH but still lost FL in 2000, 9/11 still happens, Gore goes into Afghanistan, a McCain/Frist ticket barely wins in 2004, Middle Eastern Wars are expanded and by 2008, Democrats have a dozen different frontrunners but no obvious choices (as Hillary, Obama, and Edwards lose their Senate races, Lieberman is unpopular with the Party, and Gore is uninterested in trying to Grover Cleveland it) meaning the field is wide open while an unpopular McCain faces opposition from the Left and Right of his party all while the OTL economic events of 2008 is on the horizon with few knowing about it. Would make for an interesting primary battle and I have an idea of a candidate I can play. Just need a computer and need to make a proper platform first.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »

Another idea I have is this

"Underneath the Cherry Tree - A Different Story of these United States" will be a game in which, instead of the OTL delegates, the colonies sends people that the players made to the 1787 Convention to create a working and functioning government for the United States. Real People are DISALLOWED. Once the constitution has been figured out, we then go on to the fun parts, being Presidential Elections and the Downballot races. I have yet to determine how it'll work, but it's likely to a mix of President Infinity and RNG.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2022, 02:40:15 PM »

If anyone ever does a new Keys game, I think one set in either 1876, 1896, and 1920 would be quite fun (I might even run one of three but I'd need a co-mod for the game).
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2023, 11:25:43 AM »

Would anyone be down to play a US Election Game set in the 22nd Century where it takes place after the end of an American Dictatorship after a Second American Civil War? In the game, you'd be able to build your own parties, ideologies, and have your own people to create based on your imagination?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2023, 01:55:21 PM »

Would anyone be open to play a Historical 2008 Election Game with the only differences being that 1) Trump is available as an Independent Candidate, 2) JFK Jr. is the Jr. Senator from NY, having been elected in 2004 (Amato beat Schumer in 98 here), and 3) The OTL Major Candidates (those who got large amount of votes in the primary (McCain, Huckabee, Romney, and Paul for the GOP; Obama, Clinton, and Edwards for the Dems) are barred from running in the game?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies