Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:11:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59066 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2021, 10:08:51 PM »

Depending on what happens with Revolution and The Lamps are Going Out (which is say, if they continue and only once they're over) I'd like to attempt a traditional nation game.

Giving serious thought to a WWII game as it hasn't been attempted, though I am not sure what the ideal starting date would be. Considering July 1940 for a proper war game, or 1933/1936/1939 as pre-war starts, with the only main issue being the problem of excessive player hindsight.

Update to this: after some meditation (and very useful advice) I have decided indeed on The Gathering Storm (1939) as my next project, though it will include a couple of new rules for the sake of balance (I won't be allowing claims just yet, sorry NYE).

I'll move forward with it once YPestis's 1914 project is successfully completed.

It looks like YPestis's 1914 project won't be getting off the ground, unfortunately.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2021, 11:23:46 PM »

Depending on what happens with Revolution and The Lamps are Going Out (which is say, if they continue and only once they're over) I'd like to attempt a traditional nation game.

Giving serious thought to a WWII game as it hasn't been attempted, though I am not sure what the ideal starting date would be. Considering July 1940 for a proper war game, or 1933/1936/1939 as pre-war starts, with the only main issue being the problem of excessive player hindsight.

Update to this: after some meditation (and very useful advice) I have decided indeed on The Gathering Storm (1939) as my next project, though it will include a couple of new rules for the sake of balance (I won't be allowing claims just yet, sorry NYE).

I'll move forward with it once YPestis's 1914 project is successfully completed.

It looks like YPestis's 1914 project won't be getting off the ground, unfortunately.

Yes, sadly I was unable to fill Berchtold, and won't have time to delay the game until the fall with my upcoming school schedule. Very much looking forward to your game, however!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2021, 11:41:14 PM »

Yes, sadly I was unable to fill Berchtold, and won't have time to delay the game until the fall with my upcoming school schedule. Very much looking forward to your game, however!

Oh, sorry to hear it won't be taking place (it certainly looked like something fascinating to witness!), but I do hope you may have time to play nonetheless.

Since neither game appears to be continuing, I'll be posting the sign-up thread most likely tomorrow, after I've had a chance to work out the rules and the maps.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2021, 07:22:12 AM »

Once again, I'm toying with the idea of a Presidential Election game. I'd likely set it in 2012, with John McCain as the incumbent President.

I'd want an experienced GM to assist me, so please PM me if you are interested.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #304 on: October 26, 2021, 01:45:47 PM »

Is there any interest in starting a new ASOIAF game? Watching the trailer for the upcoming House of the Dragon series sparked that old itch for me. I don’t want to do it if there isn’t interest though. I know we tried last summer to do an ASOIAF game that didn’t really get off the ground.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #305 on: November 01, 2021, 06:56:05 PM »

Is there any interest in starting a new ASOIAF game? Watching the trailer for the upcoming House of the Dragon series sparked that old itch for me. I don’t want to do it if there isn’t interest though. I know we tried last summer to do an ASOIAF game that didn’t really get off the ground.

I’d be game
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2021, 09:26:06 AM »

I’d be game

I’ll start working on a backstory/sign up thread this week and we can see where player interest is at that point.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2022, 04:56:19 AM »

I'd be willing to kick the tires on another election game.

This would basically be a 2024 game (Without Biden. Trump would be an eligible candidate, but I'd discourage players from picking him, as that would make the Republican Primary very noncompetitive.).

I feel more comfortable doing a 2024 game now that we know the general congressional map (minus a few states).

I'd like experienced players to assist in GM'ing as well as be willing to play.

Please PM me with your interest so I can get started with the sign-up thread (I'm not going to post sign-up until I have several commitments from players)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2022, 01:54:57 PM »

Thinking about doing an Alternate Alabama Special Senate Election in 2018 where someone who's been in the Senate since 1931 dies and so the Primary is a wide open Jungle Primary and election to replace him with 5-7 rounds.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2022, 01:07:27 AM »

Would anyone be interested in any of the following, and if so, which one(s)?

1. Senate/House/Gubernatorial election game where each player plays a candidate.

2. Election game set in a fictional city or state, most likely in an otherwise butterfly-free 'real' world. Most likely, it'd be a Senate or Gubernatorial scenario. It would use plausible custom characters.

3. 2024 presidential election game set in an alternate timeline where party control is 'inversed.' That is, a Dem is president from 2001-2009, a Rep from 2009-2017, a Dem from 2017-2021, and an older Rep who retires for the sake of the game from 2021-2025. This relatively simple alternate timeline results in players being allowed to use versions of real politicians with alternate careers, even though using ones with their OTL career paths shouldn't be an issue either.

Depending on the specifics and other factors, I may be open to any of the three. Certainly all appear to be interesting.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2022, 01:20:55 AM »

1. Senate/House/Gubernatorial election game where each player plays a candidate.

2. Election game set in a fictional city or state, most likely in an otherwise butterfly-free 'real' world. Most likely, it'd be a Senate or Gubernatorial scenario. It would use plausible custom characters.

3. 2024 presidential election game set in an alternate timeline where party control is 'inversed.' That is, a Dem is president from 2001-2009, a Rep from 2009-2017, a Dem from 2017-2021, and an older Rep who retires for the sake of the game from 2021-2025. This relatively simple alternate timeline results in players being allowed to use versions of real politicians with alternate careers, even though using ones with their OTL career paths shouldn't be an issue either.

I'd be open to either one or three. Though for three, it would make sense, to just use Gore, McCain, Clinton and Trump for the presidents in question.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2022, 03:21:59 AM »

Option 3 would be interesting, especially if 2017-2021 is a reverse Democratic Trump; maybe someone like Sanders, who is elected after Dems radicalize under the 2009-2017 GOP President. Just an idea, or a scandal plagued Hillary whose nearly taken down in a Kennedy 76 Sanders style run.

Either way, I'd probably give it a shot.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2022, 11:18:34 AM »

I have an idea for a game. Alternate Universe where Gore won NH but still lost FL in 2000, 9/11 still happens, Gore goes into Afghanistan, a McCain/Frist ticket barely wins in 2004, Middle Eastern Wars are expanded and by 2008, Democrats have a dozen different frontrunners but no obvious choices (as Hillary, Obama, and Edwards lose their Senate races, Lieberman is unpopular with the Party, and Gore is uninterested in trying to Grover Cleveland it) meaning the field is wide open while an unpopular McCain faces opposition from the Left and Right of his party all while the OTL economic events of 2008 is on the horizon with few knowing about it. Would make for an interesting primary battle and I have an idea of a candidate I can play. Just need a computer and need to make a proper platform first.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »

Another idea I have is this

"Underneath the Cherry Tree - A Different Story of these United States" will be a game in which, instead of the OTL delegates, the colonies sends people that the players made to the 1787 Convention to create a working and functioning government for the United States. Real People are DISALLOWED. Once the constitution has been figured out, we then go on to the fun parts, being Presidential Elections and the Downballot races. I have yet to determine how it'll work, but it's likely to a mix of President Infinity and RNG.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #314 on: September 05, 2022, 02:49:23 PM »

Would there be interested in a new ASOIAF game? I’m hoping House of the Dragon has relit the fire that Season 8 dampened in many people.

To avoid conflicting with the ongoing show, I was considering something set in 50 AC, with young King Jaehaerys I and his sister-wife Alysanne on Dragonstone, Queen Regent Alyssa and Lord Hand Rogar Baratheon in King’s Landing, Queen Rhaena on Fair Isle, and the Faith as the main key players.

Would there be interest? I wouldn’t want to draw people away from Lumine’s fantastic ongoing game, and so I would ultimately defer to Lumine as to whether or not to start this game or sit on it until his game runs it’s course (hopefully not too soon!).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #315 on: September 05, 2022, 05:44:46 PM »

I would be interested After Lumine's game.

Although I believe a War of the five kings with some scénarios changes would be better
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2022, 11:38:50 PM »

I'll be honest, I was done with ASOIAF games until House of the Dragon started, and it seems I remain interested in Westeros after all. Couldn't play myself until my game is over - and I think (or hope) - we still have a long way to go, but I certainly won't object if you start it.

(Not sure if 50 AC is a particularly compelling setting, but I understand it can be difficult to pick one we haven't used in the past)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2022, 02:40:15 PM »

If anyone ever does a new Keys game, I think one set in either 1876, 1896, and 1920 would be quite fun (I might even run one of three but I'd need a co-mod for the game).
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2022, 04:51:44 PM »

I'm strongly considering a Dance of the Dragons game. Starting around early-mid November. maybe sooner depending on interest. I know Lumine is interested.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2022, 11:20:26 PM »

I'm strongly considering a Dance of the Dragons game. Starting around early-mid November. maybe sooner depending on interest. I know Lumine is interested.

Can confirm! Keen to visit the time period.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #320 on: October 28, 2022, 10:41:45 AM »

I'd be interested
ListMan38
Rookie
United States

« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2022, 12:22:56 AM »

Something from the second party era. Interesting time period, and few images that will get copystriked
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #322 on: November 03, 2022, 03:03:05 AM »

Well with the announcement of a Kaiserreich game, I'll likely put a pause on my Dance of Dragons game for a while.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2022, 12:07:15 PM »

The 2024 game sounds interesting
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2022, 05:37:56 PM »

My Dance of Dragons game will likely be launching in the new year. Hopefully it will be less of a misfire Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies