Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:29:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59045 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2020, 10:32:12 PM »

Mock Parliament 1: American Civil War - I have always wanted to simulate the Civil War, and unsuccessfully tried to do so in Balance of Power 1861. Not sure if the setting would be the historical war itself (starting on 1861 or 1862)/quote]

Possibly start at the election of 1860 and then let it spiral from there? Either way, I am perfectly happy with either idea for the American Civil War, as I have been having a resurgence in interest following my finding of a series of videos debunking the lost cause. 
I like this one!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2020, 11:55:57 PM »

Lifting my reserve on a French Revolution concept, keeping a reserve on an American Civil War game as my next tentative project, hopefully once the thesis is finished in a few months. A few more details:

Project A, Direct Civil War Game: Sort of a combination of the BoP/CoP format, some of the concepts expoused by more recent games (NTP's attempted Civil War games, perhaps the Keys to the White House format), and some ideas I outlined a couple of years ago. It essentially allows players to roleplay historical characters and influence the course of the Civil War as politicians or generals in the Confederacy or the South (or, if the cast is large enough, perhaps other groups as well), potentially starting either with the 1860 Election or, for a more streamlined simulation, April 1861.

Project B, Mock Parliament Sequel: It would be a sequel to The Great Experiment, starting in the 1850's once the party system collapses. Players would be allowed to form new parties and take it from there, dealing with a number of issues like slavery, expansion and industrialization (this is a more open ended concept, which may or may not end in a civil war).

This is a long term thing, but will be happy to hear ideas, suggestions or interest from other players as well (though god knows what things will be in the near future).
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2020, 08:34:35 AM »

I think the Direct Civil War Game works best starting in April 1861 or maybe shortly after the Battle of First Manassas would work best? If that one gets the most support, I'd like to reserve either General Thomas J. Jackson or John C. Breckenridge.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2020, 11:29:13 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 02:03:35 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

With Out to Pasture nearing completion, I might do a 2012 Election Game, though I'd probably need a moderator to help me with some of the things that happened and I'll change a few things from 2008 and 2010 to make it somewhat different from the others (Mostly, it'll be the changing of certain Senate/House Races that were extremely close in OTL but flipped D/remained D (Such as AK, MN, and OR Sen 2008, DE Special Sen (Mike Castle). CO, NV, and WA SEN 2010 as well AZ-07, CA-11, CA-20, CT-04, CT-05, GA-02, HI-01, IA-01, IA-02, IA-03, KY-06, MA-10, MI-09, MN-01, MO-03, NM-01, NY-01, NY-04, NY-22, NY-23, NC-07, OR-05, PA-04, PA-12, RI-01, UT-02, VA-11, WA-02, and WI-03 in 2010, bringing the Senate Composition to 54 R, 46 D and the House Composition to 271 R and 164 D (I flipped the 2010 House races that were between 0.1-7%, though if this is a bit too much, I'll shave a few of the House flips off, though 2010 was a really bad year for Democrats across the board and the three 2008 races were between 1-3%, which could flip had a candidate done something differently)). I'll probably look for a co-host to help with the ideas and such and I do have a two-three people on my mind for that and I'll let them know if enough people say that this sounds like an interesting idea. Also, Obama, as well as the OTL Republican Candidates, will be barred from being a potential candidate that year to add more uniqueness to the campaign.

For anyone curious, CT, MA, MN, OR, and RI Gov flip Republican/Remain Republican.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2020, 09:00:49 PM »

With Out to Pasture nearing completion, I might do a 2012 Election Game, though I'd probably need a moderator to help me with some of the things that happened and I'll change a few things from 2008 and 2010 to make it somewhat different from the others (Mostly, it'll be the changing of certain Senate/House Races that were extremely close in OTL but flipped D/remained D (Such as AK, MN, and OR Sen 2008, DE Special Sen (Mike Castle). CO, NV, and WA SEN 2010 as well AZ-07, CA-11, CA-20, CT-04, CT-05, GA-02, HI-01, IA-01, IA-02, IA-03, KY-06, MA-10, MI-09, MN-01, MO-03, NM-01, NY-01, NY-04, NY-22, NY-23, NC-07, OR-05, PA-04, PA-12, RI-01, UT-02, VA-11, WA-02, and WI-03 in 2010, bringing the Senate Composition to 54 R, 46 D and the House Composition to 271 R and 164 D (I flipped the 2010 House races that were between 0.1-7%, though if this is a bit too much, I'll shave a few of the House flips off, though 2010 was a really bad year for Democrats across the board and the three 2008 races were between 1-3%, which could flip had a candidate done something differently)). I'll probably look for a co-host to help with the ideas and such and I do have a two-three people on my mind for that and I'll let them know if enough people say that this sounds like an interesting idea. Also, Obama, as well as the OTL Republican Candidates, will be barred from being a potential candidate that year to add more uniqueness to the campaign.

For anyone curious, CT, MA, MN, OR, and RI Gov flip Republican/Remain Republican.

I'd be interested co-hosting, or playing in the Democratic Primary in such a game (goodness knows my Hillary and Biden skills haven't gotten enough of a test).

That said, you probably should reconsider barring the real-life Republican candidates from running (with the exception of Romney, perhaps). A successful Gingrich campaign, or a successful Santorum campaign could be very interesting with the right player.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2020, 09:03:38 PM »

I'd be interested co-hosting, or playing in the Democratic Primary in such a game (goodness knows my Hillary and Biden skills haven't gotten enough of a test).

That said, you probably should reconsider barring the real-life Republican candidates from running (with the exception of Romney, perhaps). A successful Gingrich campaign, or a successful Santorum campaign could be very interesting with the right player.

Fair Point, so I might add in both men. I already contacted the last person on my list on if they want to be a co-mod or not, so I'll contact you on that but in the meantime, in the case they say yes, just PM who you'd like to be.
RGM2609
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2020, 08:15:31 AM »

I am preparing an alternate 2016 election game in an TL in which Gore won in 2000. I know that there is already another game with that idea, but the only thing the 2 have in common is the divergence point, and everything goes on a radically different route. I will probably start it by the end of June/beginning of July, but if anyone is interested in helping me figuring out the details (not an American, so my knowledge of details is not exactly rock solid, I would appreciate any help) or just finding out more, please PM me.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2020, 06:28:02 PM »

It looks like about four year ago, GoTFan ran a ASOAIF-style game set around Lord of the Rings (https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=240917.0). Would there be any interest in me reviving such a game? Or has the community moved away from these types of games?
HenryWallaceVP

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -5.91

« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »

I'm getting the itch to host a game again, and it's becoming increasingly hard to ignore. My idea this time is for a game set in 1683, with the provisional title of Catastrophe Mundi, the name of a contemporaneous pamphlet of astrological predictions that, among other things, foresaw an Ottoman conquest of all of western Europe.

Now, I know we are in a pandemic at the moment, which may have been the main reason my last game failed. However, I believe that this game has some advantages that my previous one lacked. In my judgement, King and Country failed in part because it was set in a relatively insignificant and uneventful year, thus dampening player enthusiasm from the beginning. This game, on the other hand, has the advantage of being set on the eve of the Battle of Vienna, an exciting scenario that could promote greater player engagement.

So, if enough people express interest and I can find a co-GM again, let's get started!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2020, 04:46:30 PM »

I yield the Civil War simulation concept, will eventually be doing a Mock Parliament sequel to The Great Experiment set in 1854. Partly because research has resulted in me realizing what a fascinating period the 1850's are, partly because a direct Civil War simulation has the potential to be somewhat more insensitive if not handled properly (possible Confederate apologism and all).

Regretfully I can't play Dkrol's game because of a genuine lack of knowledge of Canadian politics, but would probably sign up to play a new strategy game (particularly a Wallace-run one).
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2020, 05:04:54 PM »

I don’t want to spread the player base any thinner than it already is and will suspend my Canada game if another strategy game emerges in short order.
HenryWallaceVP

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -5.91

« Reply #261 on: June 23, 2020, 12:16:07 PM »

It was overly ambitious of me to think I'd be able to host a game at this time, so I'll be moving my 1683 game idea into reserve for later.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2020, 08:20:15 PM »

Don't have the free time now, but I've been debating doing a KttWH game starting in 1788 in my royalist America timeline. George Washington would be the king (because duh), and the Constitution would have the following edits:

• The executive branch now consists of the king (elected for life by both chambers of Congress [i.e. must pass through both chambers by a majority vote]; likely to change to a popular vote once that stops being viewed as mob rule) and the prime minister (elected in the same way as an OTL president, except early on each elector only gets one vote). Prime Minister appoints a deputy upon taking off, but unlike our timeline, said deputy does not need to be from a different state than prime minister. This deputy is effectively vice president.
  • King is Head of State and Commander-in-Chief; Prime Minister is Head of Government.
  • While impeachment and overriding of veto against the Prime Minister are the same as OTL president, the king holds absolute veto power, but can be ousted by what's known as the doctrine of sic semper tyrannis, wherein a vote of three quarters of both chambers of Congress (or a two thirds vote in both chambers backed up by a simple majority of Supreme Court Justices) accusing the king of "tyranny, incapacity to fulfill his duties, treason, bribery, or high crimes and misdemeanors" will result in the king being overthrown and a new one being elected.
  • Everything else is pretty much the same.

The game would open on the leadup to the first prime ministerial election, with players free to form their own factions to morph into political parties, coax major political players of the day to their side, and, as time goes on, help to shape the young new kingdom (although no, you will not be allowed to get rid of the monarchy). Won't be up until at least August, and maybe later than that.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2020, 08:23:22 PM »

Don't have the free time now, but I've been debating doing a KttWH game starting in 1788 in my royalist America timeline. George Washington would be the king (because duh), and the Constitution would have the following edits:

• The executive branch now consists of the king (elected for life by both chambers of Congress [i.e. must pass through both chambers by a majority vote]; likely to change to a popular vote once that stops being viewed as mob rule) and the prime minister (elected in the same way as an OTL president, except early on each elector only gets one vote). Prime Minister appoints a deputy upon taking off, but unlike our timeline, said deputy does not need to be from a different state than prime minister. This deputy is effectively vice president.
  • King is Head of State and Commander-in-Chief; Prime Minister is Head of Government.
  • While impeachment and overriding of veto against the Prime Minister are the same as OTL president, the king holds absolute veto power, but can be ousted by what's known as the doctrine of sic semper tyrannis, wherein a vote of three quarters of both chambers of Congress (or a two thirds vote in both chambers backed up by a simple majority of Supreme Court Justices) accusing the king of "tyranny, incapacity to fulfill his duties, treason, bribery, or high crimes and misdemeanors" will result in the king being overthrown and a new one being elected.

The game would open on the leadup to the first prime ministerial election, with players free to form their own factions to morph into political parties, coax major political players of the day to their side, and, as time goes on, help to shape the young new kingdom (although no, you will not be allowed to get rid of the monarchy). Won't be up until at least August, and maybe later than that.

that sounds like an interesting idea. I might be down to play it. If you need any help with potential foreign events for it, feel free to contact me as this could lead to a radically different world by 1800 alone.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2020, 08:25:52 PM »

That's a great idea

Is that timeline on Atlas, if so please link
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2020, 08:53:34 PM »

That's a great idea

Is that timeline on Atlas, if so please link

Sadly, no aside from a list of kings and prime ministers on the alternate presidents thread.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2020, 08:58:26 PM »

that sounds like an interesting idea. I might be down to play it. If you need any help with potential foreign events for it, feel free to contact me as this could lead to a radically different world by 1800 alone.

I was hoping either you or UWS (or both) could help with the alternate historical aspect.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »

I was hoping either you or UWS (or both) could help with the alternate historical aspect.

Sure, I'd be glad to. Just send me a message on Discord when you want any potential questions.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2020, 09:13:08 PM »

Sure, I'd be glad to. Just send me a message on Discord when you want any potential questions.

Will do, m8.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2020, 02:53:11 AM »

I was considering doing an Australian version of Keys to the White House. Call it Keys to the Lodge.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #270 on: July 06, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »

I'm considering doing a Concert of Europe style game, only earlier and maybe centered in a different area (for example, China during the Three Kingdoms era, the Middle East during the Crusading era, or Greece or Mesopotamia during their respective city-state eras. If I end up doing this, it won't be until after CoE 3 is concluded. Any suggestions for time and place that people would be interested in and also in how realistic (i.e. should deities and/or magick be a factor?) the game should be would be appreciated.

My initial thought is for a fairly realistic Euro-centric campaign beginning sometime in the late 15th century, but I'm not locked into either that time or that place.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #271 on: July 18, 2020, 09:44:51 PM »

I'm contemplating hosting an election game for the first time.

I would require an experienced co-mod (so maybe Lumine, NHI, Cabbage etc.), and several possible players.

The game would be set in 2020. I would appreciate advice on whether I should go forward, and whether, if I do go forward with this idea, to make Trump an available candidate.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2020, 03:01:21 AM »

The the Hearts of Iron IV mod The New Order: The Last Days Of Europe being released, i'm considering doing a game based on the German civil war within the mod.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #273 on: August 27, 2020, 05:29:10 PM »

I yield the Civil War simulation concept, will eventually be doing a Mock Parliament sequel to The Great Experiment set in 1854. Partly because research has resulted in me realizing what a fascinating period the 1850's are, partly because a direct Civil War simulation has the potential to be somewhat more insensitive if not handled properly (possible Confederate apologism and all).

Regretfully I can't play Dkrol's game because of a genuine lack of knowledge of Canadian politics, but would probably sign up to play a new strategy game (particularly a Wallace-run one).

Having had a lot of time to think about this (and having talked to some people about the more sensitive aspects of the matter), I reclaim a direct Civil War simulation as my next project (most likely after Spamage and KaiserDave's games are over, assuming other people don't want to run their own strategy game) as opposed to a Mock Parliament revival of my own. Unlike other short term interests, I find myself still fascinated by this period after several months.

The 1932 German game has been really inspiring in terms of providing a different way to do things, and I'd really like to adapt the format, which I think is also well suited to the Civil War and would allow people to roleplay a wide array of characters. Thinking of allowing players to briefly roleplay a "Prologue" with the 1860 election and formation of the Confederacy (so as to perhaps allow for different USA and CSA leadership) and then start at some point within Fort Sumter and Bull Run/Manassas.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #274 on: August 27, 2020, 06:48:20 PM »

I would be very interested in a Civil War game
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to: