Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59078 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2019, 08:11:28 PM »

It may be excessive optimism on my behalf, but despite facing an unyielding amount of RL pressure since March it seems likely pressure will return to normal on July-August, hence allowing me to make an attempt at hosting something (possibly an ASOIAF Game, something UK-based or re-starting one of the games I suspended due to RL issues).

(It's all really hypothetical, but if someone is interested in suggestions I'd love to hear them)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »

It may be excessive optimism on my behalf, but despite facing an unyielding amount of RL pressure since March it seems likely pressure will return to normal on July-August, hence allowing me to make an attempt at hosting something (possibly an ASOIAF Game, something UK-based or re-starting one of the games I suspended due to RL issues).

(It's all really hypothetical, but if someone is interested in suggestions I'd love to hear them)

I think it might be interesting to try a game from a different fantasy world. Someone suggested an Elder Scrolls game. I'm still considering whether or not to try my hand at running a Warhammer 40,000 game.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2019, 08:18:25 PM »

I'd like a UK game. Maybe 2020 General Election is called by Boris Johnson, we have a weakened Tory Party, divided Labour, surging Lib Dems & Brexit, as well as the Greens, SNP, CHUK, among others.  
HenryWallaceVP

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -5.91

« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2019, 01:45:36 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2019, 02:00:36 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

I would love to play Dynasties and Empires again if you were able to rehost it, though it's also possible Spamage could host a third Concert of Europe game around that time. Additionally, I'm considering hosting another game (the 1725 one I mentioned earlier), so I'd like to shamelessly advertise here to ask if anyone would be willing to serve as an assistant GM to be in charge of military affairs and mapping. I'd only host though if I'm sure that it wouldn't conflict with either your game or Spamage's.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »

For some who want to start a GOT game. I have some ideas in mind.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #230 on: June 25, 2019, 03:54:36 PM »

I do have a plan for an Election Game where the Democrats get clobbered after two terms of President Kerry (2004-2012) and they have to climb their way back in 2012. Meanwhile, the Republicans will be overextended and will have to pick and choose the states they want.

It'll be unbiased mainly because this is what the 2012 Senate Map will look like

All lean or toss-ups states are Republicans and the Likely D States will go to the Democrat no matter what they do.It'll be up to the Republican player to choose which incumbent/candidate to support and which to abandon (You won't be able to campaign for them all)

Also, the Generic Ballot for the Election will be 43-43, for most of the race, though it will fluctuate a point or two for either party depending on the turn results (and no, you won't need to post images, feel free to post links to google docs for your speeches so the image policy won't technically be broken.

Anyways, I promise to be as fair and even as possible in this game and would to see if anyone is up to the challenge I will force on both parties.

(Yes, I know this scenario is unrealistic and I'm not going to try to have it to be. This is just a background for the game)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2019, 03:30:52 PM »

As apparently it would take a few weeks before completing 4 Years of Biden, I propose a 2024 Election Game after the 4 Years of Biden Game but the difference would be that Trump is re-elected in 2020.
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.50, S: -8.50

« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »

I had an idea for a nation game/election game/ Starts out in 1787 at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. Players will have the opportunity to craft the US Government and it's constitution through proposals and those proposals will be voted on. Then we move on to elections. 
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2019, 05:23:42 AM »

Just a note to say I do intend to write up ending of Lord of the Crossing when possible and I’m grateful and delighted by compliments. Perhaps depending on what you all make of ending a sequel or reboot might be feasible in future...
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.50, S: -8.50

« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2019, 01:59:59 PM »

Is there any interest in my proposed game?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »

Would anyone like to participate in a Weimar Germany game?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2019, 12:37:52 AM »

Game idea I've been kicking around: climate-focused strategy game set in a near-future dystopian United States that has disintegrated into several semi-functional states. Bit of a change of pace from our regular history/ASOIAF content, but might be fun. I probably wouldn't be able to host until October, but wanted to get it out there.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2019, 10:06:59 PM »

I'm thinking of a 2017 Confederate Election game.
RGM2609
« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2019, 01:59:04 PM »

I would be open to do a gameplay on UK's 2015 election or Germany's 2017 election if there is interest for this
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2020, 07:08:48 PM »

I would be open to do a gameplay on UK's 2015 election or Germany's 2017 election if there is interest for this
I'd be interested on the 2015 one.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2020, 01:00:20 AM »

I'm considering posting an interest thread fro my old King of the Blackwater scenario for ASOIAF.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »

I'm considering posting an interest thread fro my old King of the Blackwater scenario for ASOIAF.

Sounds interesting.
Fukaren kown yteh
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2020, 11:37:25 AM »

I would love for a game based on Ancient history or the Cold War to occur. Maybe something on the Bronze Age collapse perhaps?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2020, 09:53:28 PM »

I'm considering launching a 2024 game after Biden decides not to run for re-election.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2020, 09:22:04 PM »

I wanna start a Canadian Election game does anyone wanna help me?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2020, 08:24:49 PM »

Is there any appetite for a new election game (probably a 2024 one), since we're all under lockdown for the foreseeable future?
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2020, 09:53:42 AM »

I have a game in mind but I struggle with maps and polling, if I could have a co-mod, we could get it running. It’s a really interesting idea and I think that it would be lots of fun
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2020, 12:44:06 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2020, 12:47:51 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

If I was to start a 1912 game based around Keys to The White House starting on the 20th or earlier/later that doesn't have Wilson, Clark, Roosevelt, or Taft run for President in that year, would anyone be interested in playing? Also, would somebody be interested in helping with the RNG and stuff, that way the load on one person can be lessened somewhat?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2020, 02:04:47 PM »

It will likely be months before I have time (perhaps the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021?) - and before things stabilize enough to make a player base likely -, but I'd like to reserve a couple of concepts for another Mock Parliament session in advance.

Mock Parliament 1: American Civil War - I have always wanted to simulate the Civil War, and unsuccessfully tried to do so in Balance of Power 1861. Not sure if the setting would be the historical war itself (starting on 1861 or 1862) or a sequel to The Great Experiment (the 1789-1794 game about a US parliamentary system) before a Civil War happens, but I'd love to see a game in which players could roleplay as politicians or generals and influence the course of the war.

Mock Parliament 2: French Revolution - Another setting I'd like to try, mostly because I'd love to see how players would roleplay Robespierre, Fouche, Danton and so many others. Likely to be either a 1792 setting or a 1793-1794 one.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2020, 07:56:56 PM »

Mock Parliament 1: American Civil War - I have always wanted to simulate the Civil War, and unsuccessfully tried to do so in Balance of Power 1861. Not sure if the setting would be the historical war itself (starting on 1861 or 1862)/quote]

Possibly start at the election of 1860 and then let it spiral from there? Either way, I am perfectly happy with either idea for the American Civil War, as I have been having a resurgence in interest following my finding of a series of videos debunking the lost cause. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies