Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:21:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59044 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »

How does the idea of an Elder Scrolls Game taking place immediately after the events of the full game, excluding the Skyrim Civil War, sound?

You could play as the Argonians, Dark Elves, Stormcloaks, Altmer, Wood Elves, Redguards, Bretons, The Khajit, The Orcs, and the Empire and weave your way through political crises, war, and intrigue in the world of Tamriel. And, because I really am focused on being fair, I'll give hints about the crisis for the next turn in the form of riddles in a PM. And since I have little to no interest in interfering, I won't touch the game outside of writing midturns and writing the new turns and post turns in a non-biased way with a cohost to help me in that sense.

If anyone is interested in being a probable co-host and making sure I don't go dumb in the game, please message me. If anyone is interested in seeing the game, lemme know.
HenryWallaceVP

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -5.91

« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2019, 08:16:17 PM »

How does the idea of an Elder Scrolls Game taking place immediately after the events of the full game, excluding the Skyrim Civil War, sound?

You could play as the Argonians, Dark Elves, Stormcloaks, Altmer, Wood Elves, Redguards, Bretons, The Khajit, The Orcs, and the Empire and weave your way through political crises, war, and intrigue in the world of Tamriel. And, because I really am focused on being fair, I'll give hints about the crisis for the next turn in the form of riddles in a PM. And since I have little to no interest in interfering, I won't touch the game outside of writing midturns and writing the new turns and post turns in a non-biased way with a cohost to help me in that sense.

If anyone is interested in being a probable co-host and making sure I don't go dumb in the game, please message me. If anyone is interested in seeing the game, lemme know.

That actually sounds awesome and I would definitely like to play. Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind are all great games.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2019, 09:38:11 PM »

That actually sounds awesome and I would definitely like to play. Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind are all great games.

I might start it if it gets proper support
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2019, 10:29:34 AM »

Should I do that Elder Scrolls game or wait until the ASOIAF game is finished?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2019, 05:37:51 PM »

I wish that someone would start an election game now.

NewTennesean's 1968 one is in it's General election stage and the 2020 one isn't accepting any candidates.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2019, 07:03:29 PM »

I wish that someone would start an election game now.

NewTennesean's 1968 one is in it's General election stage and the 2020 one isn't accepting any candidates.

I'm starting based on my TL when I finish it. Might not be for a while though.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2019, 09:48:47 AM »

What might one think of a potential Mass Effect Game based off a Genophage cured, Quarian/Geth Peace, 100 % support, Destroy ending in ME 3 where you can play as each of the races and smaller groups within those races or even play as Aria or the Mercenary groups.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »

So, when 2020's done, I was thinking of doing one of the following two scenarios:

O, Say Can You Sieg

Based on the list of Presidents I posted in the election what-ifs forum, this one takes place in 1984. More than twenty years after President Adam Hilliard's death, America is still unrecognizable. African-Americans make up less than 1% of the total population. The largest minority groups are Asians in the West Pacific Colonies (Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Indochina), many of whom, following the relaxation of Hilliard's racial laws by President Reagan in 1978, have moved to the West Coast states. For the first time since 1932, however, there is a challenge to Democratic Party rule: the Republicans have returned. As happened in Europe in 1969, a more lenient, moderate leader has led to multiparty democracy once more.

Notable Democratic candidates include: Representative Newt Gingrich from Georgia, Vice President George Smathers, Louisiana Governor David Duke, Senator Michael Gore* from Mississippi, and vaunted economist Lyndon LaRouche

Notable Republican candidates include: New Hampshire Governor Jimmy Carter, Former Connecticut Governor George H. W. Bush, Representative Jim Thompson from Illinois, Massachusetts Governor Robert F. Kennedy, and Senator Walter Mondale from Minnesota

*: Michael Gore is not related to Al Gore, Sr. or Jr., but is actually the grandson of Henry Gore, accomplice to President Adam Hilliard and in large part the architect of the American Holocaust

If this one is too dark for this section of the forum, I totally get it, but it would have felt weird to me to suggest the other and not have something for this.

Men of Steele

Based on the same post (other list), this game takes place in 1960. With the presidency of Dwight D. Eisenhower coming to its close, the battle to succeed him has begun in earnest. As Steele maintained some veneer of democracy during his time in office, it was easier to transition back to a full-fledged two-party system following his retirement. And so the American people are faced with a competitive race for the first time in thirty years.

Notable Democratic candidates include Senator Lyndon B. Johnson from Texas, Senator George Smathers from Florida, Governor Nelson Rockefeller of New York, Senator Strom Thurmond from South Carolina, and Senator Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr., from Massachusetts

Notable Farmer-Labor candidates include Vice President Richard Nixon, Senator John F. Kennedy from Massachusetts, Senator Hubert H. Humphrey from Minnesota, Governor Pat Brown of California, and Representative George McGovern from SD-01
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #208 on: May 11, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »

Men of Steele
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2019, 04:49:15 PM »

I have a possibly interesting idea: a Presidential jungle primary election. After a few token primaries for each party (probably Iowa, NH, SC, and Nevada), a national primary would occur, and the top PV finisher from each party would advance to the general election (same format as today). If I do do this game, it would probably be set in a Trump retires 2020 or 2024. Is anyone interested in this?
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #210 on: May 29, 2019, 02:32:09 PM »

I have a possibly interesting idea: a Presidential jungle primary election. After a few token primaries for each party (probably Iowa, NH, SC, and Nevada), a national primary would occur, and the top PV finisher from each party would advance to the general election (same format as today). If I do do this game, it would probably be set in a Trump retires 2020 or 2024. Is anyone interested in this?

Yes, I'm very interested in that.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #211 on: May 29, 2019, 03:16:53 PM »

Yes, I'm very interested in that.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2019, 04:27:07 AM »

Would there be any enthusiasm some time in the future for a GoT game that takes the HBO ending and moves on a generation to next
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

?

I think it could be really good fun and interesting, possibly using leonardo’s diplomacraft system, which I really liked...
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2019, 02:31:16 PM »

Would there be any enthusiasm some time in the future for a GoT game that takes the HBO ending and moves on a generation to next

?

I think it could be really good fun and interesting, possibly using leonardo’s diplomacraft system, which I really liked...

Sounds a great idea for me.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2019, 10:01:51 PM »

?

But unfortunately it seems that I was the only one who liked this idea.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2019, 10:08:17 PM »

?

To be honest I would be beyond enthusiastic for a game with Garlan as GM - though I'd probably wouldn't have the time to play -, it's just that with the HBO Ending being so... let's say controversial (and questionable in terms of the politics) it may be too soon? Perhaps a different setting (ASOIAF or historical) might have even greater potential.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »

?

To be honest I would be beyond enthusiastic for a game with Garlan as GM - though I'd probably wouldn't have the time to play -, it's just that with the HBO Ending being so... let's say controversial (and questionable in terms of the politics) it may be too soon? Perhaps a different setting (ASOIAF or historical) might have even greater potential.

The Freys game in which Garlan was the GM was great, maybe the idea would be better for the game to happen after Bran's death, but as for other scenarios, maybe the Dragon Dance?, Or one of the Blackfyre Rebellions ? but I think several other scenarios that may be more interesting than the world of Got after Season 8 I'll admit.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2019, 10:22:08 PM »

The Freys game in which Garlan was the GM was great, maybe the idea would be better for the game to happen after Bran's death, but as for other scenarios, maybe the Dragon Dance?, Or one of the Blackfyre Rebellions ? but I think several other scenarios that may be more interesting than the world of Got after Season 8 I'll admit.

There's certainly a lot of scenarios within ASOIAF, thankfully. There's indeed the Dance of the Dragons, the Blackfyre rebellions and the Great Council of Aegon V, there could be an alternate end to Robert's Rebellion that ends with a Great Council to elect a King, and so on.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2019, 10:25:40 PM »

There's certainly a lot of scenarios within ASOIAF, thankfully. There's indeed the Dance of the Dragons, the Blackfyre rebellions and the Great Council of Aegon V, there could be an alternate end to Robert's Rebellion that ends with a Great Council to elect a King, and so on.

I usually walk at a time thinking about how it would be a game in which Robert's Rebellion ends differently and a Renly as a child is King on the Iron Throne and then would advance to 17 years ahead and could have several changes in the recent history of Westeros.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2019, 10:47:57 PM »

I usually walk at a time thinking about how it would be a game in which Robert's Rebellion ends differently and a Renly as a child is King on the Iron Throne and then would advance to 17 years ahead and could have several changes in the recent history of Westeros.

Not bad! There was a Fan Fic I read once - a decent one - in which Jon Arryn ended up taking the throne after a very messy end of the war, that should be interesting if you fast-forward and he dies without an heir (no Robin, for example). There's certainly room to experiment.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2019, 11:28:28 PM »

Not bad! There was a Fan Fic I read once - a decent one - in which Jon Arryn ended up taking the throne after a very messy end of the war, that should be interesting if you fast-forward and he dies without an heir (no Robin, for example). There's certainly room to experiment.

Oh, that would also be a very interesting scenario for a game.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2019, 02:34:34 AM »

I was thinking of creating a game based on Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War-Dark Crusade.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2019, 03:11:48 PM »

Three of the best games I have played were DiplomaCraft, Lord of the Crossing, and the old Roman game(in the 60s/50s BC). I’d particularly be interested in rebooting the Lord of the Crossing.

Of course, most Westeros/Essos based games would be more interesting, in my mind, not set in the time period of the main series.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2019, 07:20:31 PM »

I've given upon TT at this point as I don't have that many ideas for it anymore. I might do a 2024 game soon, but right now, I want to dip my toes into a mini-nation game where everything is determined by RNG (simply because the idea is for a TL I'm doing on the site (Yes, it's find a Remedy)) but I really don't have a general idea for the thing except for how it begins (it begins prior to game events).

anyways, this is the map

I'll lay out more groundwork soon, mainly background summary for it, though the far beginning of it is in the TL, so feel free to check up on that.

Anyone down?
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2019, 07:22:54 PM »

Three of the best games I have played were DiplomaCraft, Lord of the Crossing, and the old Roman game(in the 60s/50s BC). I’d particularly be interested in rebooting the Lord of the Crossing.

Of course, most Westeros/Essos based games would be more interesting, in my mind, not set in the time period of the main series.

I would love to participate in a new version of Lord of Crossing, it was really a great game, the scenarios in the past with more potential I think would be The Conquest of Aegon (maybe an alternate version in which Aegon resolves to create the New Valyria Empire and was conquered Essos rather than Westeros), Dance of the Dragons, and almost all Blackfyre Rebellions (Blackfyre's Second Rebellion did not last long enough to set the scene for a game in my opinion).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies