Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)

(1/69) > >>

Lumine:
Evening!

I've started this thread as one of several measures I'm considering to address either an excess or a lack of games (both of which happen from time to time).

The purpose of this thread is multiple, including proposals for games you'd like to see on the board, ideas for games you plan to host (so people are aware of what games may come in the future), reserving a concept or a scenario to avoid having too many games on the same subject, and so on.

If well used, I'd imagine this could allow us to coordinate games more efficiently, as well as measure public interest on the ideas people may have.

windjammer:
Alright,
First of all, a game based on 1914 will start either in April or May.

To make games work, the best way to guarantee that is I believe to write scenarios making sure this isn't one clan against an another but more many forces, candidates seeking various goals.

terp40hitch:
You should do a 2000 election

Huey Long is a Republican:
Quote from: terp40hitch on February 17, 2018, 05:16:40 PM

You should do a 2000 election

This or a 1948/1988 Election Game

Lumine:
As for myself I'm fully occupied with Forward (2012 Election Game) and The Death of Kings (ASOIAF-based game), but I would like to reserve a concept for an historical game to host at some point, although I have no idea when.

Provisional Title: "Dynasties and Empires"

Context: A game set in 1519, right at the onset of the Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Conquest of the Americas, the supremacy of the Ottoman Empire, the conflict between the young monarchs Henry VIII of England, Charles I of Spain and Francis I of France, and an election for Holy Roman Emperor which might decide the future of the Empire.

Among the playable characters one would find famous monarchs such as Henry VIII, Charles V, Francis I, Manuel I (Portugal) and Selim I, as well as other relevant characters such as the beleaugered Pope Leo X, James V of Scotland, the infortunate Louis II of Hungary and Bohemia, the Republic of Venice, the conflicting King of Denmark and the Swedish Regent and so on.

And, given the richness of the moment, the wide cast would also allow interaction with characters such as Cardinal Wolsey, Martin Luther, Moctezuma and the conquistadors, Richard de la Pole (last of the Yorkist claimants), Catherine of Aragon, the explorer Magellan, and so on. The game would most likely feature turns of one year, so we can advance into a much different world.

I was bored the other day, so I also took the time to make a map for future use (with the undiscovered areas hidden, as players will have to be both skilled and lucky to discover much of the New World):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page